Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    @ klaps_05
    Summoning dreadsteed for first time you mean?
    That was great Fighting off waves of demons while maintaing ritual, that created feeling of beeing true warlock. Our magic is dangerous (waves of other demons trying to eat your face) but it is badass

Edit:
    As i still have ritual items in bank i went to dire maul to try doing it, and to my suprise blizz fixed it, its still possible to go through whole event and summon dreadsteed
    (it was broken after removal of soulshards as items, as ritual required them to be continnued)
    Last edited by Zerel; 2013-01-05 at 04:11 PM.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

Cant give two fucks about a place I might go once or twice and never ever again unless it has convenience portals to Cities and hubs.

Rather prefered more demon variety(skins and models) and/or a Fem Metamorphosis Form

This will be wonderful for roleplaying servers.

Also, remember that Blizzard just dont simple throw cool stuff into the game for a random class, it does it for a reason. Warlocks are one of the least represented classes in the game, so all this changes, like the revamp on Mop, Fel flame and such is an way to bring more players to the class.

Unfortunely with this logic i dont expect to see anything neat for my Hunter till the end of this xpac, since Hunter are one the most played classes (that explains why MM Hunters are shit since Mop launch and i dont have hopes to see it changed till 7.0)...

= (

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    shamans had an expansion about how they'd save the world by praying to a toilet. warlocks didn't have that.
    Going by this logic.... http://www.wowpedia.org/Warlock -> notable Warlocks.

Just because a NPC was the hero of an expansion, doesnt bring new fluffy things or special treatment to one class.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Also, remember that Blizzard just dont simple throw cool stuff into the game for a random class, it does it for a reason. Warlocks are one of the least represented classes in the game, so all this changes, like the revamp on Mop, Fel flame and such is an way to bring more players to the class.

Unfortunely with this logic i dont expect to see anything neat for my Hunter till the end of this xpac, since Hunter are one the most played classes (that explains why MM Hunters are shit since Mop launch and i dont have hopes to see it changed till 7.0)...

= (
    Funny, everyone who plays WoW thinks he got the least represented class..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wager Warlocks will get this place as a sanctuary. Unfortunately Mages could of had Dalaran but...yeah not derailing ^_^ /jelly to the Locks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Funny, everyone who plays WoW thinks he got the least represented class..
    There is data to back it off, because Armory is public, and anyway Blizzard already came public saying rogues and locks are the least played.

Rogues and locks been trading spots for the last played class. Today I dont know but locks were at DS, becuase rogue legendarily bumped the numbers abit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    There is data to back it off, because Armory is public, and anyway Blizzard already came public saying rogues and locks are the least played.

Rogues and locks been trading spots for the last played class. Today I dont know but locks were at DS, becuase rogue legendarily bumped the numbers abit.
    Rogues possibly will get a lock like revamp. If so....uber....cause they need it. Not to mention it should be exciting.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    locks are the least played classes, and I play 2. But after ds, rogues and locks changed places (due to legendary hype, and 3 new playstyles.) but when it was known that rogues were op for quite a few fights there numbers boosted quite a bit. But still I believe they are just a tad bit below locks.

The new area is fine and all, but I am with Hellfury on this. Sorta want my female Felguard in my Female Demo Form. But, I can see that this place is probably located in outlands, where we will have a new teleport button to go there. (Deathgate button.) And I believe that human in that big purple circle is Kalthrend, and he is probably corrupted, unless it is some new spell to become an ultra demo form.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If you're gonna use broad, sweeping generalizations like SI:7 or "Every single religion in WoW", then it's equally acceptable to say BC == Warlock Lore.
    no, it's not. you know why? because true class lore is about your class, how it works, what it does, how someone from your class thinks, factions made of people from your class, et cetera.

BC had loads of demons. not many warlocks. demon lore isn't exactly warlock lore, since demons don't need warlocks.

name one faction of warlocks that's not a villain faction (besides the new black harvest). it doesn't need to be an in-game faction with rep, just a faction.

name one great warlock hero who has ever saved the day.

of course, there are the villains. but we are not villains! we fight against the villains. I fought against illidan, not against the raid. we need NPCs and factions and storylines to give us identity.

we know the specifications of portal magic from the books in dalaran. you can only make portals to specific locations unless you have a Special Issue License D-6. we know the standard portal dimensions are 3 yards, 1 foot, and 3/4 inches tall, 2 yards, 8 feet, 9 and 15/16 inches wide. we also know that double-wide portal creation requires Special Issue License G-16. we also know that sending a polymorphed person through a portal causes an explosion. now, what do we know about warlock spells? how big is a summoning wardrobe? what are healthstones made of?

we know what the elements are. they are living primordial forces of the universe, that exist anywhere and they connect the whole universe together. but what do we know about demons? only now we will discover that doomguards are ex-titan enforcers!

hunters, warriors, rogues, those classes don't really need a ton of lore, because they exist in real life. they are somehow exaggerated in-game (warriors have super-human strength, rogues have superhuman speed, et cetera), but that doesn't need explanation. that guy is super-strong because he super-works out lol

but magic classes need a lot of lore. we need to understand how they work in order to appreciate them better. warlocks are lacking severely in lore.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    ... Have you played Warlocks since 5.0? With their massive sweeping changes, three totally distinct specs with ~100% different resources and playstyles?

Just off the top of my head, I know that Hunter and Rogues play almost identically between all three specs, barring the odd proc (Blindisde, Fire!): Keep up a DoT (rupture, sting), builder (mutilate/ss/bstab and cobra/steadyshot), finisher (evisc/envenom and arcane/explosive/kill command/chimera shot).
    Hunters do not need any thing like this. We are all ready awesome and best class in game just by being hunters . Also we are clearly Ghostclawer's favored. Who else but hunters gets to tame him ^^.

Warlock island... where you will go to get green fire and the npcs will explain all the new 5.2 nerfs to you in cut scenes.

no, it's not. you know why? because true class lore is about your class, how it works, what it does, how someone from your class thinks, factions made of people from your class, et cetera...
    Don't bother trying to reason with him, hes one of those people that comes to other classes forums to cry/bitch about how his class neglected.

Warlocks badly needed a revamp, and i'm glad we're finally getting it. Truth be told, this expansion has so far been really good, in fact it'd be the best expansion (IMO) if they fixed affliction for PVP. Other than that, great expansion for warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No class got such a threatment mid expansion... ever. And if we're talking about favored classes, shaman still dont have any fun minor glyphs while this is already the second patch in a row where they take care of warlocks.
    Druids got Swiftflight Form questline mid exp. Just sayin'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    Druids got Swiftflight Form questline mid exp. Just sayin'.
    They had already the flight form at 68. I'd call the swift flight form an expansion which wasnt ready in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock island is just the new location for the Warlock Faire.

We walk around acting all emo and mean in front of everyone. We need a place to ride our unicorns and eat skittles in private to keep our street cred. up.

n
    we know the specifications of portal magic from the books in dalaran. you can only make portals to specific locations unless you have a Special Issue License D-6. we know the standard portal dimensions are 3 yards, 1 foot, and 3/4 inches tall, 2 yards, 8 feet, 9 and 15/16 inches wide. we also know that double-wide portal creation requires Special Issue License G-16. we also know that sending a polymorphed person through a portal causes an explosion. now, what do we know about warlock spells? how big is a summoning wardrobe? what are healthstones made of?
    The fact that you know that really disturbs me... (pun intended)

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 12:51 AM ----------

As for the zone, I hope it allows dueling!

Dark Apotheosis is perfect for this. A place where members of each faction can hang out and bypass typical enemy lines.

What would make this idea perfect would be the ability to talk cross-faction to the other faction's warlocks while in there. You'd see a real mingling of warlock-centric ideas and suggestions and advice.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    The fact that you know that really disturbs me... (pun intended)
    I don't know all of that by heart. I just used WoWpedia

here's some mage magic lore:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Thinking_wit...r_Portal_Usage

http://www.wowpedia.org/Polymorphic_...26_Regulations

http://www.wowpedia.org/Blinking_Rules_%26_Regulations

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    What would make this idea perfect would be the ability to talk cross-faction to the other faction's warlocks while in there. You'd see a real mingling of warlock-centric ideas and suggestions and advice.
    use dark apotheosis and /s

you'll speak in "demonic", and both sides can understand each other.

(requires demonology + glyph of demon hunting)
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.