Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mysterious Warlock area datamined in 5.2

It seems that this info didnt appear in any thread yet.

It was recently datamined and is belived to be related to new warlock questline.
    What are your thoughts about that?
    Dragone bone part is/looks exactly the same as obsidian dragonshrine in dragonblight.
    And gateways with Horde, Alliance flags next to them make me think that mabye we will get some place to call home (like Archeus for DK), cross faction base of operations.

EDIT:
    Heh, its on main page now, wasnt there when i started creating this topic.
    So thread can be deleted or used to discuss whats on main page( main page version, got more details)
    Last edited by Zerel; 2013-01-05 at 02:15 PM.
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks have all the nice things, maybe it's time for me to continue leveling up my 86 warlock. >.>

Checked the frontpage lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Warlocks have all the nice things, maybe it's time for me to continue leveling up my 86 warlock. >.>
    it's been a long time since warlocks had nice things. blizz is just catching us up with more favored classes.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm like... 110% sure it's a Moonglade/Acherus/Peak of Serenity type area for Warlocks.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    I'm like... 110% sure it's a Moonglade/Acherus/Peak of Serenity type area for Warlocks.
    I'm 110% hoping for that. but never be sure of anything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's been a long time since warlocks had nice things. blizz is just catching us up with more favored classes.
    No class got such a threatment mid expansion... ever. And if we're talking about favored classes, shaman still dont have any fun minor glyphs while this is already the second patch in a row where they take care of warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No class got such a threatment mid expansion... ever. And if we're talking about favored classes, shaman still dont have any fun minor glyphs while this is already the second patch in a row where they take care of warlocks.
    shamans had an expansion about how they'd save the world by praying to a toilet. warlocks didn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetheros View Post
    Checked the frontpage lately?
    What i said in edit, frontpage past wasnt there when after looking through different threads i decided to create new one

I hope for that too but, Moonglde = base of cenarion circle, Acherus = base of knights of ebon blade,
    (no idea about monk, mine is still lv3, sitting on turtle and waiting for another time).
    So this would be hq of Black Harvest? or something else? (there was a thread about redeeming Shadow Council)
    Zerel the Insane
    "That Orphanage Attacked Me!"

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Have you played Warlocks since 5.0? With their massive sweeping changes, three totally distinct specs with ~100% different resources and playstyles?

Just off the top of my head, I know that Hunter and Rogues play almost identically between all three specs, barring the odd proc (Blindisde, Fire!): Keep up a DoT (rupture, sting), builder (mutilate/ss/bstab and cobra/steadyshot), finisher (evisc/envenom and arcane/explosive/kill command/chimera shot).

Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    I hope for that too but, Moonglde = base of cenarion circle, Acherus = base of knights of ebon blade,
    (no idea about monk, mine is still lv3, sitting on turtle and waiting for another time).
    So this would be hq of Black Harvest? or something else? (there was a thread about redeeming Shadow Council)
    there's a very high probability that the warlock island is the place where the black harvest are hiding (considering they "disappeared" right after revamping the warlock class lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerel View Post
    Council of the Six Daggers, I think. There's a lore book about them at the Stormwind and Org Warlock trainers. Six master warlocks, responsible for all the new skills Warlocks learned in 5.0. They had names and quotes on the level 45 and 60 talents in beta, but they were removed before launch.

This is further reinforced by the Scourge/Forsaken Ziggurat on the isle: one of the members is a Forsaken.

Edit: Jubeka Shadowbreaker, the undead member of the council, was one of the members to go to Outland.

... Have you played Warlocks since 5.0? With their massive sweeping changes, three totally distinct specs with ~100% different resources and playstyles?
    as I said, catching up with the other classes. blizz probably realized they were leaving a few classes in the dust. so on cata, they made the expansion about shamans and elements (besides deathwing), and gave rogues a legendary questline. on MoP they revamped warlocks (a sorely needed revamp, considering all warlock specs felt about the same and were mage-like), and now they are giving us warlock lore and green fire. when was the last time we had warlock lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what to make of this area. Torn between it being just a background where we do part of the green fire quest, or indeed a fixed place where warlocks can meet. I'm not so sure if a meeting place would be anything I'd actually use though. I mean I only ever go to Archerus to runeforge weapons and I only visit Moonglade with the Lunar Festival. (don't have a monk yet) What could they possibly put in this warlock area that would make it worthwhile to visit in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time we had warlock lore?
    Literally all of Burning Crusade.

Name the last Rogue Lore (prior to those shit legendaries).

To save you the effort, there was none.

Now name some hunter lore. Any at all. By the way, "Sylvanas being a badass" doesn't count as hunter lore.

Warrior lore?

Priest? Maybe the Eye of divination line...?

Don't pretend your class was neglected, especially when they had an entire expansion that was basically shovel-feeding Warlock lore.

Also lol outdated mechanics... RIP Rogues ever being fun again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Council of the Six Daggers, I think. There's a lore book about them at the Stormwind and Org Warlock trainers. Six master warlocks, responsible for all the new skills Warlocks learned in 5.0. They had names and quotes on the level 45 and 60 talents in beta, but they were removed before launch.

This is further reinforced by the Scourge/Forsaken Ziggurat on the isle: one of the members is a Forsaken.

Edit: Jubeka Shadowbreaker, the undead member of the council, was one of the members to go to Outland.
    Council of the Black Harvest IS the Council of Six Daggers. It was changed in/after beta.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Not sure what to make of this area. Torn between it being just a background where we do part of the green fire quest, or indeed a fixed place where warlocks can meet. I'm not so sure if a meeting place would be anything I'd actually use though. I mean I only ever go to Archerus to runeforge weapons and I only visit Moonglade with the Lunar Festival. (don't have a monk yet) What could they possibly put in this warlock area that would make it worthwhile to visit in the future?
    monk-like dailies

the monk area is the most well implemented class area in-game.

it has fast quests that teach you how to play monk, and they give you a 50% bonus experience for 1 hour, so you want to do them. those quests have daily versions after you do them, so you have no reason to "save them for later" (you actually gimp yourself by doing that).

they also give you monk-looking itens for transmog, and there are vendors there that sell those same itens after you did the quest, so you don't have to worry about them taking your bagspace.

there are food vendors and profession trainers there as well, so you can access those from anywhere in the world with the Zen Pilgrimage spell, and them come back with Zen Pilgrimage: Return (unless you are in an instance).

the monk area is the perfect class area. I hope blizz learned from it if they intend on making the warlock island a class area

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 02:50 PM ----------

Literally all of Burning Crusade.

Name the last Rogue Lore (prior to those shit legendaries).

To save you the effort, there was none.

Now name some hunter lore. Any at all. By the way, "Sylvanas being a badass" doesn't count as hunter lore.

Warrior lore?

Priest? Maybe the Eye of divination line...?

Don't pretend your class was neglected, especially when they had an entire expansion that was basically shovel-feeding Warlock lore.

Also lol outdated mechanics... RIP Rogues ever being fun again.
    rogue lore: all of SI:7, shattered hand and deathstalker stuff.

priest lore: every single religion in WoW is priest lore (except shamanism)

hunter lore: fastriders, sentinels.

warrior lore: warcraft is warriorcentric. you'll find warrior lore everywhere.

now, for warlock lore:

BC: there are demons, and we know there are warlocks, but let's not talk about warlocks, because there are draenei and brown orcs and we like talking about those better. oh, also: DEMON HUNTERS! have you heard about demon hunters? they... like... hunt demons, but they are also part demon, and they are like rogues with warlock powerz! have I talked about demon hunters yet?

wrath: warlocks are pathetic, they summon a demon and can't control it lolololol

cata: cho'gall was sort of a mace-wielding warlock-shaman-priest ogre thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    monk-like dailies

the monk area is the most well implemented class area in-game.

it has fast quests that teach you how to play monk, and they give you a 50% bonus experience for 1 hour, so you want to do them. those quests have daily versions after you do them, so you have no reason to "save them for later" (you actually gimp yourself by doing that).

they also give you monk-looking itens for transmog, and there are vendors there that sell those same itens after you did the quest, so you don't have to worry about them taking your bagspace.

there are food vendors and profession trainers there as well, so you can access those from anywhere in the world with the Zen Pilgrimage spell, and them come back with Zen Pilgrimage: Return (unless you are in an instance).

the monk area is the perfect class area. I hope blizz learned from it if they intend on making the warlock island a class area

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 02:50 PM ----------

rogue lore: all of SI:7, shattered hand and deathstalker stuff.

priest lore: every single religion in WoW is priest lore (except shamanism)

hunter lore: fastriders, sentinels.

warrior lore: warcraft is warriorcentric. you'll find warrior lore everywhere.

now, for warlock lore:

BC: there are demons, and we know there are warlocks, but let's not talk about warlocks, because there are draenei and brown orcs and we like talking about those better. oh, also: DEMON HUNTERS! have you heard about demon hunters? they... like... hunt demons, but they are also part demon, and they are like rogues with warlock powerz! have I talked about demon hunters yet?

wrath: warlocks are pathetic, they summon a demon and can't control it lolololol

cata: cho'gall was sort of a mace-wielding warlock-shaman-priest ogre thing.
    If you're gonna use broad, sweeping generalizations like SI:7 or "Every single religion in WoW", then it's equally acceptable to say BC == Warlock Lore.

looks like the way nexus was for DTR, but this being exclusive for warlocks. tbh i find it refreshing they put back some new unique class features, the last ones dating from vanilla. i bet like 1% of all warlocks have actually done the original dire maul event which was pretty cool.

Validity, it's a known fact that Blizzard has trouble focusing on more than one thing at a time.

Right now they're focusing on Warlocks, next they could very easily focus on Rogues or Warriors or some other class. They could have focused on Warriors or Rogues first, and then pushed Warlocks back and we'd be having the same conversation.
    Honestly, I believe Rogues are the next class that needs attention, and based on what Ghostcrawler's been saying, I think he agrees. When they're done with the Warlock stuff, I think we can expect Rogues stuff. Just because they got a Legendary recently doesn't mean they should be overlooked when it's "their turn", just like Warlocks getting some lore in BC doesn't mean we should be overlooked now that it's our turn.

It's ok, they'll get to the other classes that also need attention, but they can't do it all at once. Warlocks just happen to be getting the love now since they were the least populated class at the end of Cataclysm. Rogues (I think) are the new lowest populated class, so you can probably expect their goodies next.