Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

how about a war council to replace Garrosh?

i've been thinking, after reading some of the recent "what about X as warchief" threads. What about having 1 delegate from each race (pandaren, goblin, blood elf, tauren, troll, forsaken, orc) and making their decisions together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably wouldn't work out. The biggest issue I see is that not every member of the Horde likes or works well with one another.
    None of them trust the Forsaken, and the BEs don't really give too much of a damn about any of them really. Then there's the
    strained relationship between Orcs and the Darkspear trolls thanks to Garrosh and Vol'jin's feud. Pandaren are still too new and
    don't really know the history of their new allies. Tauren are the only ones who could possibly get along with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    i've been thinking, after reading some of the recent "what about X as warchief" threads. What about having 1 delegate from each race (pandaren, goblin, blood elf, tauren, troll, forsaken, orc) and making their decisions together?
    Well, besides that being too "Alliance-ish" (They are ruled by council too, Varian as "high king" is mainly for the whole Pandaria campaign), rule by council requires a measure of trust and equality, and like ThatsOurEric said, the horde is a tad lacking on both those points ATM, maybe that can change over the rest of MoP, but it's a bit of a long shot IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    War council of other races? No.

War council of all Orcs, and maybe Vol'jin? Maybe.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Something like the Council of Six of Kirin Tor. Each race having a representative in the council, but there would still be a clear leader who draws the final line.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Deleted
    A Council IS bound to happen, having a Warchief or not. Remember, the rebels are led by several members of different races.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Probably wouldn't work out. The biggest issue I see is that not every member of the Horde likes or works well with one another.
    None of them trust the Forsaken, and the BEs don't really give too much of a damn about any of them really. Then there's the
    strained relationship between Orcs and the Darkspear trolls thanks to Garrosh and Vol'jin's feud. Pandaren are still too new and
    don't really know the history of their new allies. Tauren are the only ones who could possibly get along with everyone.
    Tauren aren't too happy with the orcs either after what happened to Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    How about a war council to command the troops and leave the political part to...administrators? You know people that would make a proper plan to use the river running in the middle of 2 wastelands that are Durotar and the Barrens to irrigate those places. Damn, Durotar might be super dry, but is a super dry RED SOIL. PLAIN soil, that's even better.
    Horde need a civil leader that build, instead of another war-forged fighter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Horde need a civil leader that build, instead of another war-forged fighter.
    Leaders on Azeroth (Alliance or Horde) will always be war leaders, due the extreme circumstances of the world. The exception was the House of Nobles of Stormwind, but even then the regent was Bolvar.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh it wouldn't surprise me.

Hell we already HAVE a council, leading the Blood Elves. I woulnd't be to shocked if Thrall (or hopefully ANY other Orc, but lets face it, it'll be Green Jesus), Vol'jin, Baine and possible Rommath.

Sylvanas would be left out because she's a bitch and will probably rebel next expac.
    Gallywix is left out because he's a dick. He'll be allowed to run trades and stuff, but not given any REAL responsibility.
    Ji Firepaw is left out because he's still to "neutral" Pandaren have't had enough time to really show their allegiance.

So that leaves an Orc (probably thrall), Vol'jin, Baine and Rommath. Tbh this is a pretty good mix and I could see them leading the Horde well.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Something like the Council of Six of Kirin Tor. Each race having a representative in the council, but there would still be a clear leader who draws the final line.
    This. I'd like to keep the Warchief position in addition to a council, but in the same vein as how Rhonin ran the Kirin Tor: he needed to pass the council's approval before taking action himself. This is the perfect way to make sure another Garrosh doesn't happen, to keep the iconic Warchief position, and to include the other leaders in a positive capacity.

I'd kind of want the "moderate" leaders to be representatives on it though, like Hamuul and Liadrin, representing the interests of their own racial leaders.

Council, approved by the Alliance since we're going to be the ones helping establish it -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Council, approved by the Alliance since we're going to be the ones helping establish it -.-
    No you won't dear.

now why don't you go grow us some more trees we can cut down.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    This is not Germany, and the Alliance is... well, just the Alliance on Azeroth and not Russia and Co. :P If it wouldnt be for the rest of the Horde to rebel against Garrosh, he would crush the Alliance in an eye blink.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivick View Post
    Tauren aren't too happy with the orcs either after what happened to Cairne
    Huh, last time I checked only Orcs and Tauren are allowed to be in the inner city of Orgrimmar. And also, it wasnt Garrosh who killed Cairne, but the poison of Magatha on his weapon. AND Cairne was the one to challenge Garrosh for the Warchief position.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Won't happen. The Orcs as a race need their warchief like Humans need their king.

And that Warchief will always end up being the primary figure among the Horde. Yes, this Warchief wont rule with an iron fist a'la Garrosh, but they will still be the go-to leader.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is everyone so obsessed with councils? It's maddening. The last thing the Horde needs is bureaucracy.

Next expansions:

World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Tax Collectors

World of Warcraft - The Jobsworth Crusade

World of Warcraft - Stormwind Parliament Election
    Last edited by Rend Blackhand; 2013-01-05 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer it to just making Thrall the warchief again. Seems like it'd be a step backward for his character, and the potential future conflict could fuel some interesting storylines.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Why is everyone so obsessed with councils? It's maddening. The last thing the Horde needs is bureaucracy.

Next expansions:

World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Tax Collectors

World of Warcraft - The Jobsworth Crusade

World of Warcraft - Stormwind Parliament Election
    I wanna join in on this game.

World of Warcraft - Fiscal Cliff.

Totally revamps the game world due to higher taxes and less military spending. All PvP is removed as a result.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep a Warchief but the way the Horde is run has to change or else nothing will change and things DO need to change.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    A "puppet" council is usually the worst possible solution, next to full occupation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-05 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This is not Germany, and the Alliance is... well, just the Alliance on Azeroth and not Russia and Co. :P If it wouldnt be for the rest of the Horde to rebel against Garrosh, he would crush the Alliance in an eye blink.
    How? He can't do it right now and the only rebel act was on the Echo Isle, not affecting the rest of the Horde.