Start now or wait for next season?

Hello, I've recently come back to WoW and dinged 90 on my Rogue. I'm wondering whether I should cap honor and wait for next season or buy the blue gear now.

Cap honor to 4k and leave it, come back when season ends and you can buy the current conquest gear for honor and then fully gear up in the week before 5.2.

Why not start gearing now? 5.2 is at least several months away.

If you're looking to push rating in PvP, it may be a little late for that. But for random BGs, and low MMR RBG/Arena you'll be fine. The conquest cap is even higher than it was in Cata (2200). That's a new piece of conquest every week. Plus their's a world boss that spawns every 15 minutes, and gives you a weekly shot at PvP gear.

I don't enjoy RBGs enough to just play them for fun all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    5.2 is most likely not coming for about 2 months, and particularly if it is AV time, you can get full Honor gear in under 1 week. However, trying to get all Conquest and things would probably be a waste of time. So I would probably recommend just doing whatever else the game has to offer, capping out honor, and starting fresh with the new season. That is what I will be doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

you still have at least 8 resets so that's 17600 points at least that you can get, more if you get to 2.2k-ish rating(as it gives like 2400-2500 cap). if you wait to buy conq gear with honor, you will still have to grind extra honor to get a full gear set, while you can get fully geared by season end, bar upgrades and t2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootstrapper View Post
    Not rly several months, but anyways. I'd say start gearing up this season as there is quite some time until the next season comes.. Oh and while you gear up... You also practise your rogue skillz.
    ^ This. If you can get used to how rogues are now while they're gimped and do a good job at it, you'll eat people alive when they get buffed, .

Deleted
    Just play with friends and grab som gear from arenas and/or BGs.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you can totally play casually, but dont expect to kill anything until u get t1 weapons. pvp power ftw. and rogues are kinda gimp atm. next patch should help with getting prep baseline.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    I would start gearing now, don't forget the honor weapons will have a 7200 honor ''season earned'' before you can buy them like the previous seasons so at least save up and get your weapons, i would start getting as much dreadful as possible too (and maelv gear before the weapons) i wouldn't expect the patch any sooner than 2 months they have not even started number crunching yet they are simply testing functionality, LFR is not implemented and a few new talents and a host of other ''first round'' changes are not implemented as of yet.

i would say you can atleast earn 17600 CQ points without getting an increased cap.
    depending on how fast you can gain honor then dreadful is easily done.

every little bit helps and in all honesty the more practice the better.

you can totally play casually, but dont expect to kill anything until u get t1 weapons. pvp power ftw. and rogues are kinda gimp atm. next patch should help with getting prep baseline.
    there not as bad as everyone makes out, granted though not in the best spot.
    Last edited by mmoc167c07865c; 2013-01-07 at 02:31 PM.

As a returning Rogue I recommend waiting. I completed the honor set, but due to a lack of weapons even when someone let's me unleash a full shadow blades + dance on them I barely do 15-25% damage to their HP. When it occurred to me that by the time I can get weapons that the season will essentially be over I've decided just to hang it up for a while (which is ironic as I just re-subscribed after 13 month hiatus). I am simply not having fun being restricted by a severe gap in damage, and really hope that the dev team considers adding some form of honor weapons in future seasons because this is the first time I've ever experienced this (I played from beginning of season 9 and into season 11 and never encountered this level of disparity before).

if i had your choice i'd start farming the current honor set and the t1 weapon/s, then cap honor and probably keep playing for lulz just to stay in shape.

Deleted
    just spend it, you can cap ur honor in a day before the patch without much effort anyways.