Thread: Market control

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    Biggest part of the battle is knowing your market. Blues and yellows have *very little* use and stack to the ceiling for anyone shuffling. If players sniff a market for them, its flooded immediately because the supply is insane. I've vendored bank tabs full of both.
    That's not my point... I just wanna say that u can't control market because it's full of retards who sell stuff BELOW vendor price... Guy is selling gems for 3 gold - ah cut - posting cost... Vendor price is 4 gold, and raw one is costing 35... It's not 1 gem, it's not 10 gems, it's 50 gems....

Quote Originally Posted by Ignotum View Post
    You are very wrong with the blues and yellows have very little use. Plenty of profit to make off those gems. Not huge but def steady.
    I am correct that they have little *use*. They can be cut and sold as raws. The yellows go into a single blue ring. YMMV, but on the 3-servers I occupy and across the broad server spectrum (wowuction/undermine) they are very poor for profit. They are considered a byproduct and end up at the vendor.

If your server throughput exceeds your supply, either (1) you're not selling that many or (2) your server is a needle in a haystack and atypical.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 04:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by igibum View Post
    That's not my point... I just wanna say that u can't control market because it's full of retards who sell stuff BELOW vendor price... Guy is selling gems for 3 gold - ah cut - posting cost... Vendor price is 4 gold, and raw one is costing 35... It's not 1 gem, it's not 10 gems, it's 50 gems....
    I got your point and agree that control is typically outside the realm of possibility for very long. My point was specifically to those items.