Poll: Where do you stand?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They're valid if the government chooses to recognize them.
    I don't agree with you. There will be a referendum this month, if we should build a second Nuclear power plant. I will go vote, because it is very an important thing. (The EU made us close most of the blocs of our first power plant, which was lame and cost us money.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakir the Windlord View Post
    In legislative elections you don't vote for people, you vote for the party. Those who are to become MPs are chosen by the party before the elections. Generaly these are reputable, competent and well educated people from the upper-middle class.
    actually you can vote for a person, I suppose it doesnt work that way in your country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killingifrit View Post
    actually you can vote for a person, I suppose it doesnt work that way in your country.
    You're informed enough about the guy to vote for him instead of his party ? Damn. Not to mention the fact that the way he's going to vote is actually going to be dictated by his party.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 02:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    I don't agree with you. There will be a referendum this month, if we should build a second Nuclear power plant. I will go vote, because it is very an important thing. (The EU made us close most of the blocs of our first power plant, which was lame and cost us money.)
    Do you have more detaisl ? I'd like to know about that.
    Last edited by mmoc64d0b88c60; 2013-01-06 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakir the Windlord View Post
    Why don't you make up your mind too?
    oh please. lacking comprehension are we? the first quotation is regarding a national parliament, the second is concerning the european parliament. they are not the same.

obviosuly the european parliament didnt exist before it was created.

Deleted
    You mean throwing your vote away by voting for an independent?

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    Do you have more detaisl ? I'd like to know about that.
    http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf87.html

The EU made us close most blocs to join. We were forced to keep exporting cheap electricity for our neighbours from other sources which cost us a lot.

Deleted
    oh please. lacking comprehension are we? the first quotation is regarding a national parliament, the second is concerning the european parliament. they are not the same.
    The British Parliament could have as much power as the bundestag if the brits were willing to make themselves as much an indispensible part of the EU as the germans. In the meantime, your parliament can just refuse the EU's recommendations and we end up only having 26 countries in the compromise.

EDIT:
    http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf87.html

The EU made us close most blocs to join. We were forced to keep exporting cheap electricity for our neighbours from other sources which cost us a lot.
    Get lobbying I guess. If the IAEA says your reactors are a-okay, I don't see why the EU would say no.
    Last edited by mmoc64d0b88c60; 2013-01-06 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're informed enough about the guy to vote for him instead of his party ? Damn.
    even if you are voting for a candidate you are still voting for his party.

i think there are a very select few things that referendums are ideal for. overall they are a terrible system of governance imo
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    The British Parliament could have as much power as the bundestag if the brits were willing to make themselves as much an indispensible part of the EU as the germans. In the meantime, your parliament can just refuse the EU's recommendations and we end up only having 26 countries in the compromise.
    Oh my god, a sensible post about the UK's relations with the EU. /le gasp
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the problem. More black-and-white thinking.

All out nationalism is bad. Your country is not infallible.

All out opposition of the state is also foolish. Everything is not fucked.

Just more polarizing nonsense.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted

obviosuly the european parliament didnt exist before it was created.
    You claimed that the members who compose the EU parliament (the same ones who accept/reject the comission's proposals) were powerless and then you claim the EU is overpowered. How can it be powerful when decision makers are, according to you, powerless.

I'm no American, but equating liberalism to "hating America" makes this just a little bit of a loaded question.

Typical Swazi thread, I guess. 10 bucks says he has a second account that he uses to post in these threads and still be taken seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You don't seem to grasp my point. The text is there, read it as many times as it takes you to understand it.
    it is a critical decision since you have to be an mp to become a prime minister. it wouldnt be in the nation´s interest to have a mp who doesnt serve in the nation´s best interest and then become the prime minister who in turn "elect" ministers who doesnt serve in the nation´s best interest.

Get lobbying I guess. If the IAEA says your reactors are a-okay, I don't see why the EU would say no.
    It's too late now. Our politicians lack any backbone to stand up to the EU dictarors anyway.

Deleted
    It's too late now. Our politicians lack any backbone to stand up to the EU dictarors anyway.
    Pretty sure that they have other things to worry about. If the reactors are up to international standards and your government wants to, there isn't much that the EU can do. Apparently the latter is more of a problem than the former.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I don't think patriotism is a bad thing, I think if you believe in your country and are proud of it, there's no shame in expressing your pride. But I do feel like there is a fine line between being proud of your own country, and a misplaced sense of superiority to others, myself, I try to be proud of my country, but at the same time I know that we are not perfect, and there is always room to improve, we should always be willing to find places to improve ourselves and move on as a nation, and sometimes that means identifying things about ourselves we don't like to admit.

But that's ok, every country has its strengths and weaknesses, we should celebrate the good and do away with the bad where possible
    Oh I think patriotism is a good thing, but I don't think people who scream "America is #1!!!!" are true patriots. The real patriots are the ones who are willing to look at the nation's faults and try to fix them.

I also don't believe its possible to say the US is the best country in the world if you haven't lived in several of the other first world nations for long enough to get to know them.

And just happening to be born in a nation, to me anyways, doesn't mean I should have pride in that nation. I'll have pride in a nation if it merits that pride from it's actions.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...so if I don't believe patriotism to be a good thing or necessarily agree with everything my nation does, I automatically oppose it? I feel as though the poll options are quite biased.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    There is a large difference in being Patriotic and blindly following a government. I think highly of my country yet I do not agree with how it is ran a lot of the time. One must recognize the good and the bad not just always look for one or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm proud of America and it's ideals and the ones I follow. But I feel some things are sensationalized and not everything is doom and gloom. I do feel the whole defining yourself by political field you put yourself in...is just really dumb. It's really tiring, conservative, Liberal IDC. Now I know a republican who's..a bit..not on my fond side but I'm not going to foam at the mouth and go

"YOU DIRTY REPUBLICANS RAWR YA'LL SUCK" or vice versa.

I'm pretty well mannered, just don't go conspiricy theory on me or doom and gloom and we'll get along. I also like cookies.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi