Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you do Bloodsail first there is a quest that will zone you in to booty bay and you can kill adds and bosses for some decent rep. It takes time (its insane) but the adds are not elite and won't trap you like normal goblins. If you want to get creative get auto hotkey and kill the captain over night :-)). I wish now I went all the way to exalted but stopped at honoured. Now working on pirates in Tanaris. Once exalted with one of them (think gadgetzan), fly to the island near ratchet and go to town on them, and it will speed up ratchet rep (although not as many adds so you may want to stay Tanaris)
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    That must have taken a while.
    It does, but its doable, im exalted with them all and still revered with bloodsail, boooya!

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Having all the reps at the same time was originally intended.
    So the bug then is when you didn't need to have bloodsail and the goblins rep up at the same time during Cata? clearly not only did I do it backwards but I also decided to do it at the wrong time

How are you getting your Bloodsail rep?

Deleted
    Once i started this hunting for this achievement , but then again....i got a girlfriend instead :P
    1 thing i dont like.... endless mindless mob billing farm like a ch1n33s3 mofo!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryfagn View Post
    How are you getting your Bloodsail rep?
    I'd imagine slaughtering everything in Booty Bay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I'd imagine slaughtering everything in Booty Bay.
    at a point in cata if u didnt have a grp to kill the guards it was faster to kill blackwater riders in faldirs grove ,dont know if the guards in bb are now easily killable in mop

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    at a point in cata if u didnt have a grp to kill the guards it was faster to kill blackwater riders in faldirs grove ,dont know if the guards in bb are now easily killable in mop
    Fair point. Though now it also depends on your server type. Guards are weaker on PVP realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Having all the reps at the same time was originally intended.
    And your source on this? Because then it's wierd in-game GM's (Spare a few clueless) has since the dawn of time said that you only needed to have had the Reputation at the required level.

I'm in the process of sending emails to and from Blizzard about this, the first reply was "there are no bugs related to the achievement in our database but fill out a bug report so it can be looked at" I don't even know if it is a bug and from what I've gathered prior to cataclysm having both reputations simultaneously was required but then came cataclysm and I've read endless guides and posts from people saying they were hated with 1 or the other and still got the achievement, also people quoting GMs saying both were not required simultaneously, even when looking at some peoples Insane in the Membrane achievement shows everything checked off except Bloodsail but they earned the achievement because at one point they were honored with Bloodsail or exalted with the goblins.

It's not really a massive deal except for the fact that it made sense for me to start with the goblins since they were nearly revered so now I sit with only "Honored with Bloodsail Buccaneers" on my tracker, I know in the end I'm going to have to do Bloodsail and redo the goblins but I figured it's worth looking into since something went awry at some point
    Last edited by tylenol; 2013-01-12 at 04:46 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got my insane title a few days ago but i was Exalted with the cartel/honored with bloodsail at the same time.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...utamu/advanced

I just thought I'd check what happens when you fall below exalted with the goblins, I got 2 out of the 4 back down to revered and the tracker didn't change, it still says I only need honored with Bloodsail though I'm not going to continue till I make sure

Edit, scratch that, when I switched zones 2 of them popped back up on the tracker so
    Last edited by tylenol; 2013-01-12 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

Exalted with all Goblins, 0/36k hated with Bloodsail, what to do :P

Edit all of this

I was browsing around and came across 2 tickets from Blizzard someone posted:

Greetings,

I’ve gotten your ticket regarding finding some information about the Insane in the Membrane achievement. As the information you are requesting may be considered a game hint, I’m afraid I won’t be able to go into much detail regarding this, but I’ll provide you what information I can!

At this time, there are some issues with the tracking for the achievement, and our developers are looking into what may be causing this, and how it may be fixed. Please note that the intended functionality is that the reputations do not need to be held at the same time.

Unfortunately, however, the Game Master staff are not developers, and we do not have insight into the progress of any possible fixes, As such, I’m afraid that we do not have any more information available to us to provide.

I understand this might not be all the information you were looking for, but fear not! There are many wonderful resources that may yet have the information you seek! The most expansive resource is definitely your fellow players, and as such I definitely suggest checking out, and even posting in, our forums, which can be found at <>

I also highly recommend well known and reputable fansites, such as Wowhead or Wowpedia. While not always 100% accurate, the information you can find between their displays and comments from other players is amazing, and even I use them on a regular basis!

I hope these resources fare well for you on your quest for information!

Best wishes,
    Game Master
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://battle.net/support
    And the other:

Greetings,

So, to answer your first question, yes, you will need to obtain the needed reputation with the Darkmoon Faire to obtain the meta on that particular character. Unless the achievement specifically states that it is shared on the battle.net, then each individual character will be required to get the achievements that make up the parent.

Regarding your second question. You should not have to hold the reputations together. Once you hit honored with the Bloodsail, it should stay honored as you have obtained that achievement. You can then work on your booty bay / steamweedle cartel reputation.

If you have any further problems regarding this issue you can click on the “Need More Help” button. If you need no further help you can click on the “Message Read” button which will close out the ticket.

Regards,

Game Master
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com
    Both of those tickets are from October, after Mists came out

So it looks like there is an issue on their end but I'm curious if I were to get honored with Bloodsail in the next week would I either get the Insane achievement or if I don't get credit will I if the issue is ever fixed
    Last edited by tylenol; 2013-01-12 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    And your source on this? Because then it's wierd in-game GM's (Spare a few clueless) has since the dawn of time said that you only needed to have had the Reputation at the required level.
    I did the grind when the achievement was first introduced, it definitely was intended. The other way makes the entire achievement trivial. It's called "The Insane" for a reason.

Got a response, apparently everyone at Blizzard seems to think you do not need both simultaneously and various guides I've read seem to say both simultaneously were never required when the achievement was put in the game during Wrath, Wowpedia mentions nothing about needing both just that its better to end up on the goblins good side

Hail and Well Met, *bows*

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment regarding this. I apologize for the wait, we are experiencing a larger than normal ticket volume. I had a chance to go over the issue here and I think I can help. ^_^

As the previous GM itererated, I haven't been able to find anything in our known bugs list that would prevent you from earning "The Insane". As you've said, the achievement is meant to function in a way that you do not need to actually have all of the reputations at the same time, mearly that you had the required rep at some point. Without an active bug report in our system, I'd guess that the achievement is working as normal. If, however, you were to finish the requirements and find that it has been bugged, you'd need to submit a new ticket to look into that situation.

Edit, I got the achievement, honored with Bloodsail, totally hated with all the goblin factions so you do not need to hold the rep simultaneously
    Last edited by tylenol; 2013-01-13 at 06:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I got the achievement, honored with Bloodsail, totally hated with all the goblin factions so you do not need to hold the rep simultaneously
    i would still go for them simultaneously since ive heard so many times that ppl didnt get it if not :P

Bloodsail rep in classic; the brutality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    I did the grind when the achievement was first introduced, it definitely was intended. The other way makes the entire achievement trivial. It's called "The Insane" for a reason.
    This use to be the only way to get this back in the day.