Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Insane Title in MOP

So i picked up the game after having a break in cataclysm.

I remember the repeatable quest in Dire Maul is gone to grind rep with Steamwheedle Cartdel, i assume its still gone ?

What would be be the easiest way to gain rep with them? I have already done the bloodsail rep, and currently im honoured with all the Steamwheedle Cartdel factions.

Is there any better way in MOP ?

Thankful for any hints

Though not directly related to your question, I'd wait with farming the title at all. There's a bug at the moment where your achievements get their rep progress reset when you lose the required status with a faction. So to get the achievement unlocked, you will have to be both Honored with Bloodsail AND Exalted with the goblin factions at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Though not directly related to your question, I'd wait with farming the title at all. There's a bug at the moment where your achievements get their rep progress reset when you lose the required status with a faction. So to get the achievement unlocked, you will have to be both Honored with Bloodsail AND Exalted with the goblin factions at the same time.
    That doesn't mean it isn't possible.

I'm currently 9,701 / 12,000 towards Revered with Bloodsail while still exalted with Steamwheedle.

Waiting for a fix could take a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    That doesn't mean it isn't possible.

I'm currently 9,701 / 12,000 towards Revered with Bloodsail while still exalted with Steamwheedle.

Waiting for a fix could take a long time.
    All of Steamwheedle? How are you getting your Bloodsail rep?

All of Steamwheedle? How are you getting your Bloodsail rep?
    Did Bloodsail first, and then farmed pirates to get the goblin rep back. There are a few pirate mobs that will give cartel rep but not reduce bloodsail rep. I think the ones in Grizzly Hills qualify.

Did Bloodsail first, and then farmed pirates to get the goblin rep back. There are a few pirate mobs that will give cartel rep but not reduce bloodsail rep. I think the ones in Grizzly Hills qualify.
    the best pirates to farm are in tanaris
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

That must have taken a while.

That must have taken a while.
    More people farming it the quicker the respawn and nets more rep compared to tanaris/Barrens

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    More people farming it the quicker the respawn and nets more rep compared to tanaris/Barrens
    Lol, I keep forgetting about the bloody CRZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrdus View Post
    So i picked up the game after having a break in cataclysm.

I remember the repeatable quest in Dire Maul is gone to grind rep with Steamwheedle Cartdel, i assume its still gone ?

What would be be the easiest way to gain rep with them? I have already done the bloodsail rep, and currently im honoured with all the Steamwheedle Cartdel factions.

Is there any better way in MOP ?

Thankful for any hints
    Cataclysm and MoP did not introduce any new mobs that give rep with steamwheedle. Cataclysm however did introduce a battle standard that increases rep gain by 10% (maybe 20%, can't remember) that lasts for 15 minutes and now has a 2 or 5 minute cooldown. It can be killed so try to drop it somewhere it won't be targeted by npcs.

As for the best rep farming for Steamwheedle, your best bet is at Venture Bay in Grizzly Hills. You should be able to get at least one of the goblin reputations to exalted and all the others to revered from that spot alone.

Deleted
    Is it possible to get credit for the bloodsail part if you got the title, or do i have to farm it from the start again?
    Last edited by mmoc6ba6df96fd; 2013-01-09 at 12:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    i dunno as i recall faray islands ones give 5 rep per kill to a different steamwheedle faction than tanaris ones so that might be something worth looking into if u miss much more rep on (lets say ratchet than gadgetzan cos i cant remember exactly). theres is also a captain in faray islands that gives 25/12 rep per kill with a decent respawn timer

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    i dunno as i recall faray islands ones give 5 rep per kill to a different steamwheedle faction than tanaris ones so that might be something worth looking into if u miss much more rep on (lets say ratchet than gadgetzan cos i cant remember exactly). theres is also a captain in faray islands that gives 25/12 rep per kill with a decent respawn timer
    Need to do both regardless, as once you reach I think it's revered, the ones that you kill near the rep city doesn't give rep to that faction (Tanaris doesn't give rep past revered to Gadgetzan)
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    Need to do both regardless, as once you reach I think it's revered, the ones that you kill near the rep city doesn't give rep to that faction (Tanaris doesn't give rep past revered to Gadgetzan)
    very likely i did this in early cata so memorys not so great about it

Was either Cata or MoP that changed Booty Bay Bruiser rep gain capping at honored to capping at 999/1000 Exalted. If you're interested in getting all exalted reps, I'd suggest farming them all the way since there's no change in the time needed to get your Steamwheedle Cartel rep back up.

As for the Cartel rep grind I'd suggest getting a guild battle standard before farming rep. Also helps to check sites like openraid for people needing to grind rep so you can just partner up for more kills and faster respawns.

1. Go to Venture Bay in Grizzly Hills and farm the Venture Co Evacuee. They grant Cartel rep to Revered with Booty Bay and Exalted with all others.
    2. Once you've reached Revered with Booty Bay I would suggest going to Tanaris and farming Southsea Pirate (Gadgetzea) or Southsea Freebooter (Ratchet). Do this until you get Exalted with Booty Bay.
    3. Go back to Venture Bay in Grizzly Hills. Continue farming the Venture Co Evacuee until you get Exalted with your last Cartel rep (either Ratchet or Gadgetzan depending on what you farmed in step 2).

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    Depends on if you are a class with spammy ranged attacks, like hunters of moonfire or whatever and/or you are rolling with a lot of people to help you kill.

If you are solo melee, especially at 90, the Venture Co ship in the middle of Venture Bay is probably better up until a point (One of the 4 stops at revered. Forget which one, but I've done the gobby exalted grind twice, so I've spent 'quality' time in both locations ). They have the forced respawn just like the pirates and are all couped up inside the ship. Can basically one shot em and just keep rolling with much less running to the next kill.

Plus, with AoE loot, you get far better stuff to vendor/DE/etc from ~72-73ish mobs than ~40ish mobs.

---------- Post added 2013-01-09 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Was either Cata or MoP that changed Booty Bay Bruiser rep gain capping at honored to capping at 999/1000 Exalted. If you're interested in getting all exalted reps, I'd suggest farming them all the way since there's no change in the time needed to get your Steamwheedle Cartel rep back up.

As for the Cartel rep grind I'd suggest getting a guild battle standard before farming rep. Also helps to check sites like openraid for people needing to grind rep so you can just partner up for more kills and faster respawns.

1. Go to Venture Bay in Grizzly Hills and farm the Venture Co Evacuee. They grant Cartel rep to Revered with Booty Bay and Exalted with all others.
    2. Once you've reached Revered with Booty Bay I would suggest going to Tanaris and farming Southsea Pirate (Gadgetzea) or Southsea Freebooter (Ratchet). Do this until you get Exalted with Booty Bay.
    3. Go back to Venture Bay in Grizzly Hills. Continue farming the Venture Co Evacuee until you get Exalted with your last Cartel rep (either Ratchet or Gadgetzan depending on what you farmed in step 2).
    Yep, pretty much this is what I did on my Pally. Only thing of note is the last Gobby rep to hit exalted will likely be Everlook, because there are no "primary pirate" mobs to grind like the other 3, and there is only a small pool of quests for them.

I'm beginning to think I did it wrong

Bloodsail Buccaneers 25750/36000 Hated

Exalted with all 4 goblin factions...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    I'm beginning to think I did it wrong

Bloodsail Buccaneers 25750/36000 Hated

Exalted with all 4 goblin factions...
    yeh with the current "bug" in the achievement u should definetly go for bloodsail honored first since raising them will allways reduce steamwheedle cartel rep where u can raise steamwheedle without reducing bloodsail rep

Maybe I'll just leave it alone now and hope the bug gets fixed, then again getting the gobins from mid honored to exalted only took ~10 hours with breaks every hour or so...In Cata you didn't have to keep the reputation, it just had to have been there before (like bloodsail honored) right? is it actually a bug or are the requirements now simply getting them all to the required rep and keeping it there?

I was always confused how to get bloodsail rep anyway aside from killing booty bay bruisers

10+ Year Old Account
    Having all the reps at the same time was originally intended.