Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    There are 20 billion new resources, no idea where to find them, so I just... do stuff, and if I have the resource needed to do something, well that's great, but usually I have no clue where it came from.
    Another good reason to hold off from grinding too much on Deimos; hopefully the wiki will be updated with clearer information as to where to acquire everything soon. Since most of the new resources just look like differently shaped lumps of flesh, I've been having a much harder time differentiating everything from each other, even when compared to past new resource dumps.

Plus, they're painfully boring, with stuns, random OS in SP (any single slash/toxin tick from those big assholes one-shot if you don't have any damage reduction), and these immunities.
    The gas procs from the "tower" infested are the fucking worst. Even if you survive the initial hit, the dot chunks down your health like it was nothing. There are times where the only thing I can do is stand there and wait for it to finally kill me, which just feels awful.

It was cool and all, and then at the end, "hey by the way, take this blueprint to craft Xaku, the brOkEn WArfRaMe ! Oh yeah, we never mentioned its existence during the quest but we kinda forgot we added this frame with Deimos ! ". Another missed opportunity, the idea of a broken Warframe made from the parts of three other Warframes and it pops like that, like take this fucking blueprint and run some bounties to craft it ?
    We might get a Leverian entry about Xaku at some point in the near future, but yeah, why even have an NPC mention it at all if it has absolutely no bearing on that particular quest? It would be almost less strange if they just gave us the blueprint without comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    When's The New War coming out anyway? I could have sworn I did The Sacrifice when it came out like two years ago at least, and since then the entirety of the main story has been one short quest and a cutscene, with everything else being more distractions and grinds upon grinds. I'm not expecting a patch cycle as quick as WoW's, but jeez more than two years for one questline is pushing it even if they do have high production values.
    A very good question. There was absolutely no mention of it at the recent Tennocon, and I imagine that any plans they did have for it likely got pushed further back as a result of Covid. I believe it's been said that full-blown cinematic quests (like the Sacrifice, War Within, etc.) take a lot longer for them to make than other content, but I'm not sure if they've ever said why. I actually thought they also said that they weren't going to do any more Open World content because those also eat up a lot of development time, but then Heart of Deimos practically came out of nowhere.

While DE is actually a bit more open about their development plans when compared to most other game companies, we're still ultimately at the mercy of what they decide to show/tell us.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

7+ Year Old Account
    It’s the only open area I’ve enjoyed so far and apart from my two hour bird hunt yesterday getting the tokens and resources has not been an issue.

Sucks for people that aren’t enjoying it but I felt the same way about vallis and plains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    It’s the only open area I’ve enjoyed so far and apart from my two hour bird hunt yesterday getting the tokens and resources has not been an issue.

Sucks for people that aren’t enjoying it but I felt the same way about vallis and plains.
    Definitely a different strokes for different folks thing, I guess. I enjoyed both the Vallis and the Plains way more.

It's entirely possible I'm just starting to burn out on Warframe in general. I've begun to find myself getting irrationally angry at even non-Deimos related stuff that didn't used to bug me quite so much.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Yeah, Deimos feels like a wasted opportunity. I finally spent some time here, as I have now bought (in plat) the Conservation tags and Son's tokens required for R3 Entrati, and damn it feels a half-finished open world...

First of all, it's small. Like what, 20% of PoE ?
    Second of all, a big gripe I have with all Warframe's expacs, every single system is unnecessarily complex and nothing is explained anywhere. There are 6 new pets to "craft", no clue how that works. There are 20 billion new resources, no idea where to find them, so I just... do stuff, and if I have the resource needed to do something, well that's great, but usually I have no clue where it came from.
    Third, Enemies suck. Yeah, what was the point of reworking all Statuses recently if you exclusively add Viral-immune enemies ? Yay, back to Corrosive ! Plus, they're painfully boring, with stuns, random OS in SP (any single slash/toxin tick from those big assholes one-shot if you don't have any damage reduction), and these immunities.
    Then, bounties... Half-assed, mostly Mobile Defendes but with different colors, sometimes you have to wait 2 minutes to protect something from no enemy, sometimes you are literally swarmed (but that's rare)... Not counting bugged or incomprehensible bounties (the 25/25 "hacks" for the bonus, no idea how to impact those, sometimes it works, sometimes it fails, no idea !).

I dunno, something feels off.
    Something I hated as well is the story part. It was cool and all, and then at the end, "hey by the way, take this blueprint to craft Xaku, the brOkEn WArfRaMe ! Oh yeah, we never mentioned its existence during the quest but we kinda forgot we added this frame with Deimos ! ". Another missed opportunity, the idea of a broken Warframe made from the parts of three other Warframes and it pops like that, like take this fucking blueprint and run some bounties to craft it ?
    Run around in your archwing and tranq any animals you see then go grab em. They won't typically run away if you are far enough away. The only thing you gotta watch out for is ranged mobs attacking you and the flying squids attaching to you and kicking you out of archwing. Often times the animals will show up in packs of three. Also make sure to have your drop boosters on so you get 2 tags a creature. I find it a thousand times better than fishing or mining.

The 6 pets are just different breeds that you can customize. They are basically just like all other pets giving you 2 special mods for that type. But yeah I agree they need to explain shit more in game its like all the devs have stock in the fandom wikis or something lol.

I actually like how compact it is. I think it works well with the idea of it being on a moon and not a planet with a small group of "survivors". It also helps to get a shit load of captures in a pretty short time lol.

The only thing I don't really like about this update is Xaku think it needs some buffs and possibly skill reworks. Xaku imo doesn't have much of a story because its the fan made concept that just happened to fit pretty good into the expansions theme of the one/family being a whole made up of parts.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-08-30 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Run around in your archwing and tranq any animals you see then go grab em. They won't typically run away if you are far enough away. The only thing you gotta watch out for is ranged mobs attacking you and the flying squids attaching to you and kicking you out of archwing. Often times the animals will show up in packs of three. Also make sure to have your drop boosters on so you get 2 tags a creature. I find it a thousand times better than fishing or mining.

The 6 pets are just different breeds that you can customize. They are basically just like all other pets giving you 2 special mods for that type. But yeah I agree they need to explain shit more in game its like all the devs have stock in the fandom wikis or something lol.

I actually like how compact it is. I think it works well with the idea of it being on a moon and not a planet with a small group of "survivors". It also helps to get a shit load of captures in a pretty short time lol.

The only thing I don't really like about this update is Xaku think it needs some buffs and possibly skill reworks. Xaku imo doesn't have much of a story because its the fan made concept that just happened to fit pretty good into the expansions theme of the one/family being a whole made up of parts.
    Yeah for the capture thing I’m doing it, but I don’t think you can get the birds this way. Have yet to see one « in the wild », so I’ve bought in plats all the required tags for ranking up.

Regarding the size, I agree with your feeling, but it looks more like a wasteland than an infested open world. I mean, go archwing mode and tell me how many infested you see until you activate a bounty ? You’ll be able to count them on your fingers.

Yeah for the capture thing I’m doing it, but I don’t think you can get the birds this way. Have yet to see one « in the wild », so I’ve bought in plats all the required tags for ranking up.

Regarding the size, I agree with your feeling, but it looks more like a wasteland than an infested open world. I mean, go archwing mode and tell me how many infested you see until you activate a bounty ? You’ll be able to count them on your fingers.
    You can get the birds I've gotten them in the south west corner of the map and the northwest corner. They seem to be around smaller tree things. I'm not sure if they are super rare or if its just harder to spot em because they are small and float/fly.

As for the infested I always see a ton if I'm farming and not doing bounties and constantly get bombarded by range attacks and the face huggers. It's kinda neat how they set up the infested to fight the animals. Not sure if I like the idea of only being able to tame ones that were wounded by infested but I do have 6 medjay, 18 pharaoh, 59 vizier, 4 crescent, 4 panzor, and 35 slys so I should be fine for any new mutagens and antigens if they add em. Also gilded a crescent but I heard they aren't giving mastery atm so I think I'm going to shelve it for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    You can get the birds I've gotten them in the south west corner of the map and the northwest corner. They seem to be around smaller tree things. I'm not sure if they are super rare or if its just harder to spot em because they are small and float/fly.

As for the infested I always see a ton if I'm farming and not doing bounties and constantly get bombarded by range attacks and the face huggers. It's kinda neat how they set up the infested to fight the animals. Not sure if I like the idea of only being able to tame ones that were wounded by infested but I do have 6 medjay, 18 pharaoh, 59 vizier, 4 crescent, 4 panzor, and 35 slys so I should be fine for any new mutagens and antigens if they add em. Also gilded a crescent but I heard they aren't giving mastery atm so I think I'm going to shelve it for now.
    You should check out the panzer instead of the crescent.

It has a self ress it can use repeatedly and because it’s in larval form during the ress fetch still works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You should check out the panzer instead of the crescent.

It has a self ress it can use repeatedly and because it’s in larval form during the ress fetch still works.
    I do plan on making a panzer as well but I wanted to give it a tail that needs rank 4 i think. I heard atm it doesn't give a fuck about stealth or anything and will shoot at shit you don't want it to.

https://investgame.net/news/tencent-...u-technologies

Welp, Tencent owns Warframe now. I want to say hopefully nothing changes. But its Tencent sooo

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Welp, Tencent owns Warframe now. I want to say hopefully nothing changes. But its Tencent sooo
    Yup, we'll see if that changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

let's hope nothing changes,.
    that would be the best case scenario.

Normally it won't have any impact, unless DE starts bleeding money. As long as Warframe is profitable, I don't see Tencent changing anything.

I've started subsuming stuff yesterday. Subsumed Hildryn to give Pillage to Harrow (replacing condemn, which is terrific at generating shields), it should be great. I'll try that this evening on SP Deimos Bounty, now that infested units have armor (and are walking 98% heads, perfect for Harrow). Valkyr currently subsuming, but I don't really care about the whole system tbh. Will just subsume here and there to level Helminth passively.

Anyone has ideas about good synergies through Helminth ?

I ended up replacing protea's 4 with nidus's skill on a secondary loadout to try. So far it seems pretty good. Feeding the Helminth is crazy expensive though not sure if I'll put any more abilities on any warframes unless its an insane upgrade. I'll probably just keep eating my duplicate frames to save some space.

The necromech is kicking my ass though. Still need a broken pod and spent tons of hours yesterday farming the Thaumica you need. Think I only got 2 nodes of it in the entire time I've been farming, had to get the rest from the reactive crystal node drops.

I ended up replacing protea's 4 with nidus's skill on a secondary loadout to try. So far it seems pretty good. Feeding the Helminth is crazy expensive though not sure if I'll put any more abilities on any warframes unless its an insane upgrade. I'll probably just keep eating my duplicate frames to save some space.
    Same here. Most of the subsumed spells are meh, I guess it will depend on some kind of fun interactions, like Reave on Nyx that could be fun if that works.

The necromech is kicking my ass though. Still need a broken pod and spent tons of hours yesterday farming the Thaumica you need. Think I only got 2 nodes of it in the entire time I've been farming, had to get the rest from the reactive crystal node drops.
    Is it that bad ?
    I'm stuck at R2 so far as I'm missing Anima stuff and can't get any more as the Isolation Vaults bounty seems to be buggy af (impossible to finish one T3 over the last 3 days), so I couldn't really check the crafting costs (not that I am even remotely interested in Necramech though... Seems about as fun as Operator gameplay).

I'm currently focusing in reaching last Entrati rank before buying/crafting stuff. Made some rounds in Cambion to get the new pets, only missing the Medjay and one Vulpaphylla so far but they seem so rare I probably won't care at all in the end

Is it that bad ?
    I'm stuck at R2 so far as I'm missing Anima stuff and can't get any more as the Isolation Vaults bounty seems to be buggy af (impossible to finish one T3 over the last 3 days), so I couldn't really check the crafting costs (not that I am even remotely interested in Necramech though... Seems about as fun as Operator gameplay).
    The Thaumica is the real bitch if Otak ever sells it I suggest buying it for plat if you don't have enough already from farming. I just finally got my broken pod tonight (ended up with 4 from resource boost I think) and so went to demios to try it the necramech out after rushing it and just running through the starting tunnel entrance and surrounding area I mined around 10 of the orange mining nodes (which Thaumica comes from) and not one of them was it. Everything else seemed pretty easy but you do need mats from plains and orb valis in which sucks if you hadn't saved any of the base metals/gems and crafted the higher tier stuff for those areas.

I had to do some wiki-ing tonight and just learned that during the son/sun phase you can shift into those run down Necramechs that show up and if you get them to break(also if the living ones running around that help you also die) they can sometimes drop parts. I tried it with one on this quick test run I did but it didnt drop anything. Also during the daughter/night phase infested are more calm and don't attack as much.

I only tried the Necramech a couple mins until it died but sofar it seems pretty cool. I only got it up to level 4 or something so didn't unlock all the skills yet but it seems like it will be fun.

I'm currently focusing in reaching last Entrati rank before buying/crafting stuff. Made some rounds in Cambion to get the new pets, only missing the Medjay and one Vulpaphylla so far but they seem so rare I probably won't care at all in the end
    Make sure you play with your sound on if you are in your archwing with your tranq gun its helpful when looking for orange bodies. It will beep if you are somewhat nearby a creature. Its not as good as the mining gun or anything but it will kinda help you get the general direction. Also if you tranq an animal you can pull some infested towards it so it gets attacked and weakened which will give you a tameable version. Just don't try it with the lil bugs they pop with a single hit. I've probably lost 20+ to some dickhead infested with a ranged attack.

Here's a quick map I made of where I usually find groups of creatures to tag:

It's from memory so it's probably not 100% but should help you out quite a bit. I usually archwing back and forth on the top part of the map a few times and will end up with atleast a couple rares and often times a pack of the birds. If you still dont see any medjay I'd maybe buy a few lures and nest hunt them. Then once you get one dart it and let an infested attack it just enough to weaken it.

The Thaumica is the real bitch if Otak ever sells it I suggest buying it for plat if you don't have enough already from farming. I just finally got my broken pod tonight (ended up with 4 from resource boost I think) and so went to demios to try it the necramech out after rushing it and just running through the starting tunnel entrance and surrounding area I mined around 10 of the orange mining nodes (which Thaumica comes from) and not one of them was it. Everything else seemed pretty easy but you do need mats from plains and orb valis in which sucks if you hadn't saved any of the base metals/gems and crafted the higher tier stuff for those areas.

I had to do some wiki-ing tonight and just learned that during the son/sun phase you can shift into those run down Necramechs that show up and if you get them to break(also if the living ones running around that help you also die) they can sometimes drop parts. I tried it with one on this quick test run I did but it didnt drop anything. Also during the daughter/night phase infested are more calm and don't attack as much.

I only tried the Necramech a couple mins until it died but sofar it seems pretty cool. I only got it up to level 4 or something so didn't unlock all the skills yet but it seems like it will be fun.
    For the Necramech drops, it was hotfixed in 29.0.4.

Player-usable Necramechs that you can Transference into on the Cambion Drift no longer drop rewards.
    Transferring into a Necramech and then standing around waiting for it to die to drop rewards is far from the intentions of the Necramech system. We understand this is a frustrating oversight. Additionally, this was often bugged that only 1 person got the drop at all. Enemy Necramechs in the Isolation Vaults will still drop rewards, and now they’ll drop more of them (Scintillant).
    Honestly the grind in Deimos is so bad I don't really care so far. For Mutagens some fishing resource was needed so I waited for Daughter to sell them and sank 250 platinum to be safe, will probably do the same for everything Mech-related (Mech parts are tradeable now). That's probably DE's goal when they introduce abominable grinding...

Make sure you play with your sound on if you are in your archwing with your tranq gun its helpful when looking for orange bodies. It will beep if you are somewhat nearby a creature. Its not as good as the mining gun or anything but it will kinda help you get the general direction. Also if you tranq an animal you can pull some infested towards it so it gets attacked and weakened which will give you a tameable version. Just don't try it with the lil bugs they pop with a single hit. I've probably lost 20+ to some dickhead infested with a ranged attack.

Here's a quick map I made of where I usually find groups of creatures to tag:

It's from memory so it's probably not 100% but should help you out quite a bit. I usually archwing back and forth on the top part of the map a few times and will end up with atleast a couple rares and often times a pack of the birds. If you still dont see any medjay I'd maybe buy a few lures and nest hunt them. Then once you get one dart it and let an infested attack it just enough to weaken it.
    Thanks for the map, it will be helpful.
    That's already what I was doing, archwinging around the edges of the map and stopping when the tranq beeps. But sometimes I fail to find what the hell it beeps for, I guess it can beep from further the animals are so they're not highlighted probably ?
    I was surprised by how small birds are. I was expecting 2m-wingspanned monstruosities but all I got was hummingbirds rofl

I think I've already got every weakened pet except Medjay and one Vulpaphylla, I think I won't give a shit anyway, I only wanted the Panzer and I got one so that's it...

For the Necramech drops, it was hotfixed in 29.0.4.

Honestly the grind in Deimos is so bad I don't really care so far. For Mutagens some fishing resource was needed so I waited for Daughter to sell them and sank 250 platinum to be safe, will probably do the same for everything Mech-related (Mech parts are tradeable now). That's probably DE's goal when they introduce abominable grinding...
    Lame that sucks. But unless they add more Necramech types atleast I don't have to grind it anymore. Still need 2 parts of the weapon though.

Thanks for the map, it will be helpful.
    That's already what I was doing, archwinging around the edges of the map and stopping when the tranq beeps. But sometimes I fail to find what the hell it beeps for, I guess it can beep from further the animals are so they're not highlighted probably ?
    I was surprised by how small birds are. I was expecting 2m-wingspanned monstruosities but all I got was hummingbirds rofl

I think I've already got every weakened pet except Medjay and one Vulpaphylla, I think I won't give a shit anyway, I only wanted the Panzer and I got one so that's it...
    Yeah sometimes I can't find what its beeping for also. I assume its either the bird or the bugs cause they are so small it can be easy to miss em sometimes. I'm also not sure how the spawning works but it seems like I get more hits when I move normal/slow speed with the scope instead of just boosting around the map and checking spots I know stuff spawns at. Wild Medjay are apparently only active during Fass. I would have assumed the opposite as Pharaohs seem twice as common and Fass Lasts twice as long as Vome.

I think I have everything except for the Monachod Mutagen and other stuff ranked the same or higher than that. Really wanna get that to put the massive tail/back armor on a Medjay. I really wish they would let kubrow/kavat armors work on these and the other kubrow/kavat unique skins I don't see why they couldn't they let them work on the Helminth charger.

For finding animals, you're actually better off using the Simaris Scanner; just keep mashing the mouse button to flick it on and off again, so things show up green or red a lot more often.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    For finding animals, you're actually better off using the Simaris Scanner; just keep mashing the mouse button to flick it on and off again, so things show up green or red a lot more often.
    The scanner doesn't have enough range imo the tranq gun highlights creatures farther away. Also I think the wiki was wrong about the medjays cause I just caught 5 wild ones during this moon phase in that cliff area east of the necralisk.

The scanner doesn't have enough range imo the tranq gun highlights creatures farther away. Also I think the wiki was wrong about the medjays cause I just caught 5 wild ones during this moon phase in that cliff area east of the necralisk.
    Well thanks, I confirm. Was waiting for Fass to spawn but tried my luck with Vome and found 8. I could have searched for months without getting a Medjaÿ