Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    *coughs*

• Sorties
    • Nightmare alerts
    • Eidolons in the Plains of the Eidolon
    • Orb Mothers in Orb Vallis

There are quite a few challenging things to do in Warframe. The problem is that ever since scaling was wrecked, the rewards for those high level challenges are not appropriate, meaning that the only reason to do those challenges is for the sake of a challenge. Thus, why people hardly run them. Also, RIP raids.
    Sorties, NAs and high-level defense are just normal missions with modifiers that you often cheese with specific frames and/or the scaling blown completely out of whack to introduce fairly artificial difficulty. Eidolons and Orb Mother have the same problem as other Warframe bosses; because players do sooo much friggin damage, they rely on invulnerability phases because if they don't, someone with min-maxed weapons is going to blow the boss to smithereens within seconds pretty much no matter how much HP it has. So you just dance to the deeply unsatisfying tune of finding the way to drop the immunity while not actually using the fun weapons and abilities that you'd like to use against massive, epic bosses.

Warframe has a lot of things going for it. Its endgame reward structure and boss fights are not these things. I ended up dropping the game for now when I realized that there's nothing like WoW raids, the thing that keeps me coming back to that game despite its inferiority in many other aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Eidolons and Orb Mother have the same problem as other Warframe bosses; because players do sooo much friggin damage, they rely on invulnerability phases
    Still looking for Profit Taker's invulnerability phase

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Still looking for Profit Taker's invulnerability phase
    Having to use specific damage types and (urgh) Archguns is better, I suppose, but the boss still relies on putting extra steps between it and its health bar all the same. It's definitely the most fun boss, sadly I got kicked a fair number of times as a newb before I found a group that let me do it for the first time.

There's a gift of the lotus up for another 10 hours or so which gives 75 wolf creds.
    Lovely bonus if you're short on nitain extracts (like myself).

and steel is giving out codes: (700 left, but they restock)
    https://games.steelseries.com/ucf/sh...e-booster-pack

with 3 day boosters, and some credits.
    Last edited by bbr; 2019-05-04 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Having to use specific damage types and (urgh) Archguns is better, I suppose, but the boss still relies on putting extra steps between it and its health bar all the same. It's definitely the most fun boss, sadly I got kicked a fair number of times as a newb before I found a group that let me do it for the first time.
    Yeah, imo this encounter, even though it's the most chaotic one, is a step in the good direction. No invulnerability phase, you always have to do something, and you really think this thing wants you dead (unlike the Exploiter Orb which you can fall asleep as nothing happens at all).

I really prefer the Profit Taker over the Exploiter Orb in terms of design. For the second one, nothing in your setup matters (warframe, weapons, consumables ? we don't care, just throw shit at her !), and that's a bit underwhelming for a looter/shooter.

Yesterday's Devstream was nice. Few changes for Nightwave (including catch-up mechanic, and some changes to be more newcomer-friendly, even though I personally dislike they "nerf" the Elite Weeklies), the new game mode, but the most important... Tennogen and Nyx Deluxe ! <3

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I downloaded the game, run through the tutorial/intro stuff with Vor or whatever. Get 0 loot other than crafting mats, none of which allow me to make anything, disappointed there.

Then I get to the main hub with the open worldish stuff, get first quest to help Saya or something. Go to quest marker, get absolutely demolished. K, I'll do something else, go to Everest since it's a low level (1-6). I get in and do basically no damage to the enemies there. K, find out they have a weakness that I have to use. I look up the weakness and find out I don't even have the right mods to create that weakness? On a level 1-6 area? That's when I just close the game.

Am I missing something? This game doesn't explain anything very well.
    YOu should easily be able to get to lvl 15 areas with no Mods or very little mods with only the starting Weapons. You can also open the Marketplace on your Ship and Buy a LOT of really cheap Weapons for Credits or really low Material cost.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    steel is giving out codes: (700 left, but they restock)
    https://games.steelseries.com/ucf/sh...e-booster-pack

with 3 day boosters, and some credits.
    Ooh, and a Syndana as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I really prefer the Profit Taker over the Exploiter Orb in terms of design. For the second one, nothing in your setup matters (warframe, weapons, consumables ? we don't care, just throw shit at her !), and that's a bit underwhelming for a looter/shooter.
    I'm glad to hear someone else say this, since everywhere else I go, it seems like people are always praising the Exploiter Orb fight, which I personally found to be way more tedious. Getting the right weapons/frame/archgun set up for Profit Taker can take awhile, but once you are all set up and know the mechanics, it's a much faster and more straight forward fight than Exploiter. Having to face a small army of Corpus at the same time is kind of annoying, and a bit less immersive than if it was just the boss by itself, but since PT's mechanics are so straight foreword, they're kind of the only thing that really adds any challenge to the fight at all, unfortunately.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Damn guys, I haven't played in 6 months and everything's changed. Anyone have a good explanation of the nightwave stuff? Shit I still havent gotten around to do the fortuna stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    Damn guys, I haven't played in 6 months and everything's changed. Anyone have a good explanation of the nightwave stuff? Shit I still havent gotten around to do the fortuna stuff.
    It replaces the old mission specials and makes them world-wide and weekly.

With some daily missions you can do anywhere, such as paint your sigil, do an emote, pick up 8 mods, mark 4 mods or resources, kill 150 enemies with electricity damage,. various stuff.

Each nightwave "reputation level" is 10k reputation.
    Up to 30 levels, after which you get prestige levels which each give 15 wolf creds - those you can spend on her inventory list of items and blueprints.

each task gives 1k, 3k or 5k reputation, and every week there's enough for about 30k, plus random spawns in missions.

hope that's short enough - but there's plenty more.

Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    @bbr already summarized the whole thing, but basically this is a kind of "season pass". There is 43k standing available per week, and this "Season 1" is planned to end on 15th of May. So unfortunately if you just start now, you won't be able to go further rank 10 or so.

After that a second season should start, with some improvements (catch-up mechanics, fewer missions, shorter missions...).

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    YOu should easily be able to get to lvl 15 areas with no Mods or very little mods with only the starting Weapons. You can also open the Marketplace on your Ship and Buy a LOT of really cheap Weapons for Credits or really low Material cost.
    None of this reflects my experience. I'll have to look into it again because I seem to definitely be missing something.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

None of this reflects my experience. I'll have to look into it again because I seem to definitely be missing something.
    You should definitely switch out the MK1 weapons you start with for their normal variants on the marketplace. Make sure you max out their level before you get rid of the MK1s though, as they still count towards mastery experience.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Market/Weapons

Scroll through this list, you will see some have a Platinum cost and others have a Credit Cost. If you go to the Marketplace and click the Tab for Primary/Secondary/Melee Weapons and make sure to untick the "Show Blueprints only" box at the bottom, you should be able to find a range of Credit bought Weapons.

You can also purchase the Blueprints for Weapons that require very little Materials in the same way.

Today - last day of the wolf event.
    Get your wolf mask and maul today ^.^

Next week another season should begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully, they listened to feedback. There are pro's to the new system but a lot of people say it as a chore and got burnt out by it.

Personally, I just threw my hands up by week 3 and went back to playing the game as before.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hopefully, they listened to feedback. There are pro's to the new system but a lot of people say it as a chore and got burnt out by it.

Personally, I just threw my hands up by week 3 and went back to playing the game as before.
    It's a great source of nitain extract ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

They have listened to feedback...supposedly. Here's a brief summary of some of the changes they plan on implementing for Series 2.

Probably the best change they plan on making, besides removing/reducing some of the more annoying challenges, is allowing challenges to carry over between weeks. If you've completed all of the weekly or elite challenges, any you missed previously will become available again.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

The plague star event has returned.

So, if you're running it you can get 1 free, fully made forma per run.
    Time to stock up on those for the next 10 months ^^

Also, nightware intermission for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    The plague star event has returned.

So, if you're running it you can get 1 free, fully made forma per run.
    Time to stock up on those for the next 10 months ^^

Also, nightware intermission for a few weeks.
    The plague zaw parts are pretty good too.