The cinematic was cool.

Duviri Paradox speculation (spoilers for The War Within) could that be dad, trapped in the void? Or is that just us after temporal shenanigans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The cinematic was cool.

Duviri Paradox speculation (spoilers for The War Within) could that be dad, trapped in the void? Or is that just us after temporal shenanigans?
    It's us, and DE confirmed it on twitter ("https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1147645908890390530"). My guess is it has something to do with the paradox itself and how we actually arrive on Duviri, if the video is any indication.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

10+ Year Old Account
    So the immortal Keanu Reaves comes to Warframe too?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    So the immortal Keanu Reaves comes to Warframe too?
    He has always been there
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    None of this reflects my experience. I'll have to look into it again because I seem to definitely be missing something.
    probably the damage types of your weapons.
    you need puncture damage weapons against the grineer's armor, slash will work well-enough for the rest.
    later on you can get the energy damage types.

7+ Year Old Account
    I gave this game a chance.

The combat and movement are extremely fluid...and that's about all it gets right. Everything is a grind. You have to keep swapping out weapons and leveling them over and over again. The open world zones have so much potential but you only get like 1 hour of quests in them. The remaining content in them are dailies/reputation grinding.

Every planet follows this concept of having one or two "story" missions where five seconds of something noteworthy happens, and the rest are generic lookalike maps with boring objectives.

Everything about Warframe is just fucking boring grinding with nothing interesting ever happening. How do people play this game? Can they really find nothing better to do? Like watching paint dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post

The combat and movement are extremely fluid...and that's about all it gets right. Everything is a grind. You have to keep swapping out weapons and leveling them over and over again. The open world zones have so much potential but you only get like 1 hour of quests in them. The remaining content in them are dailies/reputation grinding.

Every planet follows this concept of having one or two "story" missions where five seconds of something noteworthy happens, and the rest are generic lookalike maps with boring objectives.

Everything about Warframe is just fucking boring grinding with nothing interesting ever happening. How do people play this game? Can they really find nothing better to do? Like watching paint dry.
    It sounds like this style of game just isn't for you. It isn't beginner friendly (although that's soon to change), and it takes a fair bit of getting into before you get to the juicy stuff (good frames, weapons). I find joy in using and experimenting with different frames and weapons (and varities of builds for said things), going on long endurance missions (done two 8 hour missions for my clan, and several hour(s) long missions as well), Eidolon hunts, and I also enjoy working the trade market and making platinum. There's a little something for everyone in this game - but that person has to understand what this game is and what you are going to realistically get out of it at the same time.

On TOP of all of that, the Dev team are truly wonderful and even better people. Their devstreams are a great time, and they are constantly innovating and adding new things to this game, and Tennocon yesterday was solid proof that they are constantly pushing their game into something.... more.

I just crossed 3000 hours in this game not too long ago, and I have no intention of stopping. It's the perfect game for someone like me while at the same time it isn't for someone like you. I'm sorry you don't like it, but in the grand scheme of things you are a small spec departing from the wave of people joining and playing this game, and thats perfectly okay. Assuming you weren't coerced by someone into playing, you can at least find satisfaction knowing that not one single person in this million-player game will ever miss you, or know you existed at all.
    Last edited by Mongler; 2019-07-07 at 07:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Tbh can't argue with this. Game looks solid i agree on it, but it feels like quests are just addintional feature, like PvP is in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    It sounds like this style of game just isn't for you. It isn't beginner friendly (although that's soon to change), and it takes a fair bit of getting into before you get to the juicy stuff (good frames, weapons). I find joy in using and experimenting with different frames and weapons (and varities of builds for said things), going on long endurance missions (done two 8 hour missions for my clan, and several hour(s) long missions as well), Eidolon hunts, and I also enjoy working the trade market and making platinum. There's a little something for everyone in this game - but that person has to understand what this game is and what you are going to realistically get out of it at the same time.

On TOP of all of that, the Dev team are truly wonderful and even better people. Their devstreams are a great time, and they are constantly innovating and adding new things to this game, and Tennocon yesterday was solid proof that they are constantly pushing their game into something.... more.

I just crossed 3000 hours in this game not too long ago, and I have no intention of stopping. It's the perfect game for someone like me while at the same time it isn't for someone like you. I'm sorry you don't like it, but in the grand scheme of things you are a small spec departing from the wave of people joining and playing this game, and thats perfectly okay. Assuming you weren't coerced by someone into playing, you can at least find satisfaction knowing that not one single person in this million-player game will ever miss you, or know you existed at all.
    Can you elaborate on what "style" game this is? Because if the mindless grind is the primary selling point, then yeah, fuck that "style."

A game like this either needs proper loot or a better story. Or even a story at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you elaborate on what "style" game this is? Because if the mindless grind is the primary selling point, then yeah, fuck that "style."

A game like this either needs proper loot or a better story. Or even a story at all.
    The gameplay is all it needs. If the core gameplay loop is fun, then the game is fun. I like the loop, you apparently do not.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    The gameplay is all it needs. If the core gameplay loop is fun, then the game is fun. I like the loop, you apparently do not.
    Doom 2016 has better gameplay than Warframe and yet people don't keep playing it for thousands of hours. So there's clearly something I don't understand about the appeal of Warframe.

10+ Year Old Account

The game actually has both of those things - relics are the primary source of gear (not 100% all though) and is based on a rarity system. You can upgrade relics with a resource to increase drop chance of the 'gold quality' gear within the relic, as well as group with other people with the same quality relic you have to better your chances of getting a specific item. The other way of getting items is by running a certain mission to specific rotation points, and seeing what you get from the rotation parts (dubbed A, B, and C).

Now for the other part - Warframe actually has a really great story. HOWEVER (and I can't stress this enough), it starts becoming good after a good portion of the game has gone by. I'm gonna level with you and be honest - early Warframe wasn't that great. It was really barebones in everything, story included. And it shows. Even today, there are still remnants of Warframe that exists before it became refined and has that polish that Digital Extremes puts on it today - something I hope they change [and judging by Tennocon yesterday, ARE changing]. The story starts to pick up and takes a radical change by the time you get to about Pluto and pick up The Second Dream quest - the first in a series of whats called 'cinematic quests'. From there, the story becomes fantastic and fleshed out. You start to get an understanding of what a Warframe is, how it operates (this is important), and why it came to be along with the enemies lurking behind the scenes and how they intertwine with the fate of the story. I won't spoil anything, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed these quests when I got to them. That being said, it does take a fair bit of getting past what I dubbed Betaframe before you get to the polished bit. Perfectly understandable if this is a deal breaker. I'm not so much a fan of games that take forever to get into myself.

Another thing about this game is that fashion plays an actual big part in this game. And no, I'm not joking. What this game does better than any other game I've played is the sheer amount of customization you can do to not only your Warframe, but your weapons and pets too. You can customize your armor choices, syandanas (capes), helmets, skins, and color each individual detail of the Warframe to your liking (along with all of the above). So much so that people have dubbed the endgame 'Fashionframe'. There are in-game currency skins and real money skins but a quick note on this: the real money skins are actually designed by players and they get a percentage of the money for all the sales made on their skin(s) they made (although what that % is, I don't know). So if you're talented and your design gets accepted, you can make some money.

And finally, I know you may have a problem with the grind in this game but I don't believe there's anything inherently wrong with that as thats purely subjective on whether or not grinding is good. Warframe is a grindy game. There's no two ways about it - it is. But there isn't anything wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks.

It still has a gear treadmill that most games have. You work your way up in Mastery to bigger and better guns and Warframes. I'd also argue it has the same end goal that most games have: get better gear so you can kill that monster slightly faster than before. Literally the same concept exists in WoW - why do people do raids and M+? To get that shiny new piece of gear to kill monsters faster. That is literally the sole purpose of gearing up in WoW (and possibly the singular purpose of WoW in general). Warframe is no different. And you can't tell me fashion isn't the same in WoW either because not only do you want better gear, but you wanna look fucking good at the same time. It's true, and we all know it.

- - - Updated - - -

Doom 2016 has better gameplay than Warframe and yet people don't keep playing it for thousands of hours. So there's clearly something I don't understand about the appeal of Warframe.
    With all due respect, no one really needs to explain why they enjoy a game the way they do, nor are they obligated. Some people like grindy games, some don't. That's really just the long and short of it. If you don't understand why people like it, then its entirely possible you never will, and that's fine.
    Last edited by Mongler; 2019-07-07 at 08:40 AM.

Think of it more like Pokemon, you gotta catch em all.

I will say I hate that they removed the random mission alerts in favor of the season shit that tons of games are copying now because of Fortnite. It's nice that you don't have to pay for it like most other games but it makes you feel forced to play or you are going to miss out and some of the quests would be near impossible for noobs and people that can't spend several hours playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Doom and Warframe have completely different genres and gameplay loops for one, apparently. Doom is a linear fps with hyper-real blood and gore that gives you an immediate "OH FUCK YEAH" feel. Warframe is neither linear, an FPS, or have hyper-real blood and gore.

I only really play Warframe for 1 or 2 months a year to just get all of the stuff. It's nice having all the stuff. Do I use most of it? No, of course not. I have a couple favourites I stick to, and then branch out to level the other stuff because I can. Its the same reason I play pokemon, because I wanna get all the stuff, but unlike in Pokemon, I actually enjoy the moment to moment gameplay of jumping around like a spastic monkey and slicing space humans to bits

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Think of it more like Pokemon, you gotta catch em all.

I will say I hate that they removed the random mission alerts in favor of the season shit that tons of games are copying now because of Fortnite. It's nice that you don't have to pay for it like most other games but it makes you feel forced to play or you are going to miss out and some of the quests would be near impossible for noobs and people that can't spend several hours playing.
    So the season stuff makes you feel like you're missing out, but the random mission alerts didn't? I can't count the number of times I needed a couple Nitain extracts and they just didn't show up on alerts

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongler View Post
    The game actually has both of those things - relics are the primary source of gear (not 100% all though) and is based on a rarity system. You can upgrade relics with a resource to increase drop chance of the 'gold quality' gear within the relic, as well as group with other people with the same quality relic you have to better your chances of getting a specific item. The other way of getting items is by running a certain mission to specific rotation points, and seeing what you get from the rotation parts (dubbed A, B, and C).

Now for the other part - Warframe actually has a really great story. HOWEVER (and I can't stress this enough), it starts becoming good after a good portion of the game has gone by. I'm gonna level with you and be honest - early Warframe wasn't that great. It was really barebones in everything, story included. And it shows. Even today, there are still remnants of Warframe that exists before it became refined and has that polish that Digital Extremes puts on it today - something I hope they change [and judging by Tennocon yesterday, ARE changing]. The story starts to pick up and takes a radical change by the time you get to about Pluto and pick up The Second Dream quest - the first in a series of whats called 'cinematic quests'. From there, the story becomes fantastic and fleshed out. You start to get an understanding of what a Warframe is, how it operates (this is important), and why it came to be along with the enemies lurking behind the scenes and how they intertwine with the fate of the story. I won't spoil anything, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed these quests when I got to them. That being said, it does take a fair bit of getting past what I dubbed Betaframe before you get to the polished bit. Perfectly understandable if this is a deal breaker. I'm not so much a fan of games that take forever to get into myself.

Another thing about this game is that fashion plays an actual big part in this game. And no, I'm not joking. What this game does better than any other game I've played is the sheer amount of customization you can do to not only your Warframe, but your weapons and pets too. You can customize your armor choices, syandanas (capes), helmets, skins, and color each individual detail of the Warframe to your liking (along with all of the above). So much so that people have dubbed the endgame 'Fashionframe'. There are in-game currency skins and real money skins but a quick note on this: the real money skins are actually designed by players and they get a percentage of the money for all the sales made on their skin(s) they made (although what that % is, I don't know). So if you're talented and your design gets accepted, you can make some money.

And finally, I know you may have a problem with the grind in this game but I don't believe there's anything inherently wrong with that as thats purely subjective on whether or not grinding is good. Warframe is a grindy game. There's no two ways about it - it is. But there isn't anything wrong with that. Different strokes for different folks.

It still has a gear treadmill that most games have. You work your way up in Mastery to bigger and better guns and Warframes. I'd also argue it has the same end goal that most games have: get better gear so you can kill that monster slightly faster than before. Literally the same concept exists in WoW - why do people do raids and M+? To get that shiny new piece of gear to kill monsters faster. That is literally the sole purpose of gearing up in WoW (and possibly the singular purpose of WoW in general). Warframe is no different. And you can't tell me fashion isn't the same in WoW either because not only do you want better gear, but you wanna look fucking good at the same time. It's true, and we all know it.

- - - Updated - - -

With all due respect, no one really needs to explain why they enjoy a game the way they do, nor are they obligated. Some people like grindy games, some don't. That's really just the long and short of it. If you don't understand why people like it, then its entirely possible you never will, and that's fine.
    I don't have a problem with grinding when it's combined with all of the other elements that make for a great game. As you admit, the early (and by early, DOZENS OF HOURS IN) game lacks any meaningful story. You just have to somehow commit to grinding for the sake of grinding to get past the shitty parts. That's a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge flaw and one which clearly is going to turn away a lot of people. It did for me and a friend of mine who came to a slightly different, but similar conclusion.

The most polished aspect of any game needs to be the beginner experience. John Romero describes this well by designing the first levels of games at the last point in development, once you've gained insight into proper design. If you're not giving your A-game in the opening missions (or even opening HUNDRED missions) then you can't expect people to just look past it and keep playing until it "gets good."

So I guess I understand Warframe now. There's probably a reasonable experience down the line but they fucked up what the average player is going to see.

Nightwave season 2 started today.

Full stream from yesterday:

The new war:

New player cinematic trailer
    Last edited by bbr; 2019-07-07 at 10:26 AM.

Warframe really needs normal trading system instead of some third party site with trade chat parsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Probably the Operator.

The cinematic is insane but I'm sad that was the only interesting part of that Tennocon. Empyrean really felt underwhelming, and New War seems to be so, so far away that's depressing

10+ Year Old Account
    While not into the game, man that TennCon footage was amazing... I just wanna play out of curiosity now lol.

I remember Totalbiscuit always used to talk about how great the game was but I always shrugged it off. Kind of wish I got into it sooner to be there when it started.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    While not into the game, man that TennCon footage was amazing... I just wanna play out of curiosity now lol.

I remember Totalbiscuit always used to talk about how great the game was but I always shrugged it off. Kind of wish I got into it sooner to be there when it started.
    It was awful when it started. If you start now you get to enjoy all the improvements from the get go
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side