Poll: Favorite feature-length film from Quentin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    didnt he make a movie called "with an iron fist" or something like that? had a nice cast as well, i remember russell crow's name on it. havent watched it yet

Deleted
    Not a huge fan tbh, I think he is overrated. I did enjoy Kill Bill 1 & 2, also Grindhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    didnt he make a movie called "with an iron fist" or something like that? had a nice cast as well, i remember russell crow's name on it. havent watched it yet
    The man with the iron fists was produced by his company, he didnt direct it.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Inglourious Basterds

Imo it was a very entertaining movie and I loved Brad Pitt in this comedy

Pulp Fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Not a huge fan tbh, I think he is overrated. I did enjoy Kill Bill 1 & 2, also Grindhouse.
    I think Quentin is more respected among aspiring filmmakers compared to normal consumers. Its really hard to cherish him as much if you don't understand the nits of filmmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    Yea he was executive producer, hence not even the technical part of the film just the finance. and boy what a ridiculous movie that was

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't want that, I don't want that at all
    Resevoir Dogs is basically a western with some cop drama thrown in.

i voted pulp but i havent seen django.

pulp was originally garbage in my eyes but its better after a few times (dont ask me how this happens to people but it just does)

honestly I would of voted old boy because its my favorite of the vengeance trilogy and hes a big part of how they got over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, but seeing as this is "pick your favourite Tarantino film" not "pick a Film Tarantino likes, and then attached his name to, despite having done no work on it" Oldboy isn't on the list.

although if it was, I'd have picked it too Oldboy is probably the only film I like more than Pulp Fiction.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    All of his films are fantastic and high up in my fave films list with Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill1/2 in my top 10, Pulp Fiction is my #1 favorite film of all time. Man uses dialog and music perfectly and treats films as art, which makes up for his vanity to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kill Bill 1 & 2 get my vote. Not only were they my first Tarantino films, I love that "tribute" and "homage" that it plays to a lot of classics. The over the top bloody action is something we're missing in a lot of action movies these days (horror doesn't count, it's required of them).

Inglorious Basterds was amazing, I loved that movie from start to finish, probably my second favorite of his (counting KB 1 & 2 as a single vote). The way it played out, the humor, the conversations, etc - it all just fit well for being a different take on a "period piece."

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but I was bored out of my mind watching Reservoir Dogs. Bored to absolute death, I can't stand that movie. It doesn't help that about 70% of the film's script was the word "fuck" over and over again. The characters arguments among each other was boring and bland, and it just felt like it went on forever. The concept was great, it's something that I saw had a lot of potential, I just didn't like the execution.

But, on the other hand, I loved Pulp Fiction. The way it was structured presented itself in that way where I can't ever get bored and lose interest, it keeps me wondering how it all comes together and the outcomes of each one of them. I liked practically all the characters, never once hated a single person in the movie.

Death Proof was... something else. I stand kinda neutral on this one; I didn't like it or dislike it, as it provided mindless fun entertainment, but not to the level that KB or any of the other movies he's made has done for me. But in the end the concept was meh to me. Didn't really have an interest to begin with, so that doesn't help either.

I have yet to see Jackie Brown or Django. No comment here.

Deleted
    Reservoir Dogs is my favourite as it always bears multiple repeat viewings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerath View Post
    Reservoir Dogs for me.
    I think it's Steve Buscemi bitching about tipping that seals the deal
    Because of this thread, I put on Reservoir Dogs on last night!
    I kinda forgot about that bitching ^^

Still tho, Pulp Fiction has more (better) dialog.
    For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snW3cM1KipQ

Pulp Fiction. Haven't seen Django (stupid premiere on 18th january in my country), Jackie Brown and KB 2. Can't say i am a huge fan, but i like all of the movies i have seen.

Reservoir Dogs. It and Pulp Fiction I love. Kill Bill kinda sucked, Death Proof did suck, Inglorious Bastards was average at best(and by far his most overrated work), I only vaguely remember Jackie Brown(I need to rewatch it but I recall thinking it was pretty good), and haven't seen Django.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never seen Django Unchained or Jackie Brown, but I really liked Pulp Fiction.