Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is your Grandma "hip"?

Trying to determine if your grandma is hip, and I don't mean she recently had a replacement.

Growing up my Grandma still dressed like she was in the 60's...and everything in her house was what I believed to have been bought in 1984.

Deleted
    The world is going to be a dark place when the "internet troll generation" becomes old people.

To answer the question, my grandma is old school. Probably the least "hip" you can be.

Deleted
    Mine died when i was 9 or 8 But then she wasn't really hip either

Deleted
    Depends wich one, the oldest one is your standard grandma :goes to church, story's about the war, brilliant cook, a bit conserned about me experimenting with various consumable products, encourages me to find a nice partner, ...

The other one, the youngest one: lives in Portugal, right next to party city Albu Feira, encourages me to go out and get laid, awesome cook, story's about my mother as a pesky teenager, entered a (dutch) coffeeshop once, owned a bar, atheist, ...

They are both, well old, and I don't know if I would like them to start acting 'hip'. But I can tell you my younger grandma is a lot hipper then your average grandma xp
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2013-01-05 at 10:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    both of my Nana's dead when i was around 5-6 yrs old so cant really remember them.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

She's dead, but if there is an afterlife i'm pretty sure she's rockin'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    Depends wich one, the oldest one is your standard grandma :goes to church, story's about the war, brilliant cook, a bit conserned about me experimenting with various consumable products, encourages me to find a nice partner, ...
    The other one, the youngest one: lives in Portugal, right next to party city Albu Feira, encourages me to go out and get laid, awesome cook, story's about my mother as a pesky teenager, entered a (dutch) coffeeshop once, owned a bar, atheist, ...

They are both, well old, and I don't know if I would like them to start acting 'hip'. But I can tell you my younger grandma is a lot hipper then your average grandma xp
    Be a great cook and your a good grandma in my book.

Both of they grandmas were not hip. Funnily enough one of them had hip problems.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluewhale View Post
    The world is going to be a dark place when the "internet troll generation" becomes old people.
    I'm actually looking forward to that time, especially to what will be 'hip' in that future

No, not really, she never really listened to music so she doesn't really know anyone, but she's learning I guess, she at least knows Pink Floyd now. She does enjoy Howard Stern now though.

10+ Year Old Account
    my grandma is quite conservative she likes mike huckabee for one. she doesn't vote though she thinks it encourages the politicians.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2013-01-06 at 12:10 AM.

nope, I mean this is a woman who came away with the classic line "he's a nice boy, shame he's a poofter" during lunch today - she's one of those grannies which most people find hideously offensive but truthfully, she's just too fuckin stupid to realise she's doing it. To her hip was some time around about 1946 or something you break & get replaced.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Deleted
    Mine is standing with one foot in the grave. She aint very hip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt know the one.

I hate the other one. Bitch made me call her Mrs Lastname. She treated/treats my mother like shit for no reason. Terrible, vile woman.

So sadly nope no hip g-ma's. No g-mas here

Both mine are in really good health, +80 years both of them though.

1st one is a retired school teacher, got a smartphone, knows her way with internet, born into a wealthy upper class family(but merried a "lowely pleb" rofl), very opinionated, a bit of a partier in her younger days, always tells me funny stories from her youth including old drunks etc, votes rightwing, don't believe in god, is liberal, never goes to church, really educated and tries her best to educate us grandkids(she always buys me history books for bday and xmas for example), loves art, opera, musicals, not particularly found of cooking, but she can throw up some mean food when she feels like it(her fishburgers in particular are incredible), always interested in new music/art/photography/fashion(she watches the VS fashion show for example rofl), likes to travel, loves her wine.

2nd one is a homewife, church goer(not very christian though, never tried to push religion onto anyone in the family either, grandad is a heithen ;P), big into charity(red cross for example), always very up o date on whats going on in the world, hates to travel but been around(USA, all over Europe, Africa) because my grandad loves to travel, she prefers to be at home in the countryside and take long walks in the nature and take care of the horses etc, loves to shop for pretty dresses and clothes, very handy with textiles/knitting/weaving/etc, great at cooking but prefers to bake cakes and cookies etc, she barely ever drinks anything stronger then cider(seen her drunk twice though, funny as hell), never uses her cell phone.

Both are funny and posetive and I love them dearly. I don't know if I would call them hip though, my 1st granny is modern though, and both of them dresses quite nice and hip(hip for their age at least) I guess.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Given she's pretty up on tech. (She got a kindle with internet suppport and an email adress for xmas) I'd say yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine curses at me in random languages whenever she sees me/realizes I'm on the phone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Nope all of my grandparents are dead so no. Also, the first time I heard any racial slurs used was one of my grandmothers and I know I had heard racial slurs from both my other grandmother and my grandfather when I was younger so probably not so much when they were alive either.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2013-01-06 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Mine curses at me in random languages whenever she sees me/realizes I'm on the phone.
    What the fuck?

Mine isn't "hip", but still awesome. Well...the one that I know at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    What the fuck?

Mine isn't "hip", but still awesome. Well...the one that I know at least.
    A good portion of my extended family is unhappy that I took my studies to the States

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    A good portion of my extended family is unhappy that I took my studies to the States
    /shrug

Not to pry, but is it Cold War mumbojumbo?