Thread: <3 Ghostcrawler

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

<3 Ghostcrawler

Folks, it's just not necessary to invoke majorities. You don't know if they exist, you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.

I fucking love Ghostcrawler's tweets.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

You "forgot" to post the follow-up: "Context FTW. We don't care if a "silent majority" agrees with you. We care about the strength of your argument or feedback."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye i like his personality, might disagree with some game decisions but i respect him for putting up with all the shit he gets on a daily basis and still having the patience to engage with the community.

Ghostcrawler has to deal with passive/aggressive angry nerds. There is no way possible to come away from that unscathed. He could send every player in wow a check for a million dollars, and people would bitch that they can't cash it because they don't have a checking account, and demand cash instead. And then call him an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Marahdeka View Post
    You "forgot" to post the follow-up: "Context FTW. We don't care if a "silent majority" agrees with you. We care about the strength of your argument or feedback."
    The tweet implies that anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Aye i like his personality, might disagree with some game decisions but i respect him for putting up with all the shit he gets on a daily basis and still having the patience to engage with the community.
    I agree, I like how he deals with people but I do not like his philosophies.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Folks, it's just not necessary to invoke majorities. You don't know if they exist, you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Spoken well, he's a scientist and this is coming clear. He wants real feedback, not majority anecdotal crap which means nothing. Something tangible he can work with is what he's after, not raging opinions (which he and no one else should care about when it comes to design).

I don't understand, the developers use majority arguments all the time, they just call it "overwhelming feedback"

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Spoken well, he's a scientist and this is coming clear. He wants real feedback, not majority anecdotal crap which means nothing. Something tangible he can work with is what he's after, not raging opinions (which he and no one else should care about when it comes to design).
    Indeed, there's a lot of that anecdotal crap on wow forums. "The majority of wow players like X/hate Y". Really? how do people know it's a majority? did they talk to millions of other players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

My respect for this man grows every day.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I don't understand, the developers use majority arguments all the time, they just call it "overwhelming feedback"
    The devs have the actual numbers to look at. The players have nothing more than anecdotal evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I can tell you this. The majority of people who plays Horde are 12 year olds. Oddly, Blizzard can show\prove to you something different. Yet ALL my friends have confirmed, the majority of Horde players they know are 12 year olds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    And yet he constantly makes absolute statements that are different then what players experience (see the whole "hybrids only healed in vanilla" thing).
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    And yet he constantly makes absolute statements that are different then what players experience (see the whole "hybrids only healed in vanilla" thing).
    Hmm, yet, when you read the MMO champion thread on that very topic. You get two completely different stories. a chunk says it's true, a chunk says it's false. Who do we believe ?

Deleted
    Can't stand the guy personally. His position lets him cherry-pick the dumbest arguments to hack down to avoid having to answer for his terrible design decisions, and he only ever admits he was wrong when the time comes to promote a new expansion that will fix everything. The sooner he gets replaced, the better.
    Last edited by mmoc9f738f0006; 2013-01-06 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Hmm, yet, when you read the MMO champion thread on that very topic. You get two completely different stories. a chunk says it's true, a chunk says it's false. Who do we believe ?
    If even one person did not heal (such as myself who tanked) then it is false. That's how absolute statements work.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Can't stand the guy personally. His position lets him cherry-pick the dumbest arguments to hack down to avoid having to answer for his terrible design decisions, and only ever he admits he was wrong when the time comes to promote a new expansion that will fix everything. The sooner he gets replaced, the better.
    I vote yes - we can fired him...

Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    Can't stand the guy personally. His position lets him cherry-pick the dumbest arguments to hack down to avoid having to answer for his terrible design decisions, and only ever he admits he was wrong when the time comes to promote a new expansion that will fix everything. The sooner he gets replaced, the better.
    Twitter has a 140-letter limit. You can only do so much with that.

And he tried posting larger posts on the forums in the past. It didn't end well, thanks to a few loud-mouthed inbreeds.

There's an extremely common phenomenon whereby people think that since everyone is complaining, there's a majority, even if there are multiple and contradictory positions. That's the "majority" that usually gets invoked.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I can tell you this. The majority of people who plays Horde are 12 year olds. Oddly, Blizzard can show\prove to you something different. Yet ALL my friends have confirmed, the majority of Horde players they know are 12 year olds.
    It's nice to see that this arguement has come full circle. Anyways, the fact that your friends only know 12 year old horde players just shows your friends hang out with 12 year olds a lot. It doesn't make it fact unless your friends know the age of every horde player out there.