Thread: <3 Ghostcrawler

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Perhaps you should go back and read my previous 2 comments and what I was responding to before lumping me in with that statement. Though I would argue that good feedback with a logical basis has no real reason to not be dealt with appropriately. If you would disagree with that statement then the WoW forums users would all be posting with their real names, Transmogrification would never exist, and warriors/hunters could still have the stars align and gcd their targets in pvp without issue. Not to mention many of the other balance changes and content that have been implemented. There are some things though that are picked and chosen seemingly at random or just merely dismissed that really shouldn't have any business being added or ignored, which is where all the intelligent dissatisfaction comes from. (see my previous posts in this thread for some examples)
    I mean, is it not your opinion that some stuff should be added that isnt and other things shouldn't be added that are? Blizzard doesn't have to listen, reply to, acknowledge, or even give credit to your feedback, even if it is the most amazing truth-rooted feedback ever presented to them. I'm sure, at some instance where you gave good feedback that wasn't acted upon, whatever you presented to Blizzard was actually a great fucking idea that would improve the game for 80%+ of the WoW population. I do not doubt this for a second that you have the capacity (and likely a history) of leaving good, quality feedback/suggestions.

Where you are wrong is that Blizz isn't forced to act on your suggestions merely because you believe they should, regardless of your degree of correctness on the matter.

I'd argue that, most of the time stuff isn't implemented, it's not because Blizz didn't want to do it.
    See: New player models, the proposed DotA bg, item upgrades in 5.0, etc.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

While I appreciate him and the job he does....one thing I don't like is how when there's a serious problem with the game....but he manages to find the dumbest, most arrogant tweet about that problem and responds like the person's an imbecile (which they probably are) but then it makes the rest of us who actually have constructive and thought-out ideas a little peeved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I can tell you this. The majority of people who plays Horde are 12 year olds. Oddly, Blizzard can show\prove to you something different. Yet ALL my friends have confirmed, the majority of Horde players they know are 12 year olds.
    For you and they to know that, they'd have to play horde, thus, you are either saying you and your friends are all 12 year olds, or proving your statement false in the statement itself.

The opposite I've also heard in the years (all Alliance are kids) ... so by the two theories, nearly no adults play this game at all, which is false.

Anecdotal evidence is useless, especially when coming from a skewed originating viewpoint, and based on no real life evidence (I 'think' this person is 12 based on my online interaction with someone who lives no where near me, nor have any proof anything they say has any value or merit (lies)).

Ghostcrawler is doing a great job, and I hope he doesn't get discouraged. I don't agree with everything he says, nor some of the decisions as a whole Blizzard has made with various aspects of the game, but that doesn't make him an asshole. I respect he is trying to communicate, even though people mostly vent -at- him, and rarely talk with him nor give proper feedback; mostly just 'I'm mad, u suck, fix it or u is da worse eva and I quit!!!1' nerf x it killed my y too easily, and other stuff ... nor do they listen to the reasons (arcane using scorch was unintended use of mechanics, to avoid class design limitations (mana management)).

But it is all ok, Mad_Murdock is 12 years old playing Horde with his 12 year old friends ... the world can be at peace now

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't agreed with all the decisions that GC has made, but I fully support and enjoy his Twitter responses.
    Last edited by Zoma; 2013-01-07 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kleinlax21 View Post
    I mean, is it not your opinion that some stuff should be added that isnt and other things shouldn't be added that are? Blizzard doesn't have to listen, reply to, acknowledge, or even give credit to your feedback, even if it is the most amazing truth-rooted feedback ever presented to them. I'm sure, at some instance where you gave good feedback that wasn't acted upon, whatever you presented to Blizzard was actually a great fucking idea that would improve the game for 80%+ of the WoW population. I do not doubt this for a second that you have the capacity (and likely a history) of leaving good, quality feedback/suggestions.

Where you are wrong is that Blizz isn't forced to act on your suggestions merely because you believe they should, regardless of your degree of correctness on the matter.

I'd argue that, most of the time stuff isn't implemented, it's not because Blizz didn't want to do it.
    See: New player models, the proposed DotA bg, item upgrades in 5.0, etc.
    They don't HAVE to implement it, but there are things they have no reason not to change, and some things they have no reason to change but do anyway. While Blizzard does listen to a degree, I feel they could greatly improve by taking some community suggestions more seriously. This isn't only talking about things they put in game, but themselves as a company as well. Do you not agree? RIOT as a company proves that by themselves by having a monthly player base larger than WoW's total subscribers have ever been, and a total player base 3 times larger. The biggest difference between those two companies is how they interact and listen to their respective community. By not listening to intelligent and constructive feedback or suggestions the only thing they are doing is hurting themselves. When I suggested Healing Rain for shaman to them the idea got snatched up like candy and they made certain no signs remained until they were ready to reveal it 6 months later. They pick and choose what they want to take, which is fine. But where they lay the reasoning for the decisions is inconsistent at best, and complete fabrication at worst.

As for your last sentence, I would disagree whole-heartedly. I believe most of the things they don't want to change/implement is because they don't want to change/implement it. People have wanted a DotA style BG since DotA became popular, do you really think it would take 6+ years to create? Same could easily be said of character models, I remember people starting to ask for better models back when Aion came out. Do you think it takes 3-4 years to make new art? These sort of things are suggestions that they either started and scrapped because they decided they didn't want to do it at that time, or decided to keep as a backup plan because they knew people would still want those things far into the future. Transmog is a prime example of that, especially with how easily it could have been done, but was held back until they knew Cataclysm was going badly and they needed something to keep players happy. Overall I think you are just giving Blizzard too much undeserved credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you really think that people will leave a game because of twits of some random man? I doubt it. Even if this random man is lead designer, I don't care about anything he says.
    People (I mean those, who don't butthurt about GC and him being a lead designer, but those who actually plays a game) read these clueless twits and laughs, because GC says exactly same thing, you would say to these trolls. At least he is one of casual players, and most of these clueless posters with their reckless solutions about game balance like "NERF FROST MAGES TO THE GROUND AND MADE THEM UNPLAYABLE" or "REWORK THE WHOLE FROST SPEC COMPLETELY SO PEOPLE WHO ENJOY GAMEPLAY WILL REROLL OR QUIT GAME" wannabe hardcore players, are just bandwagons who gets carried by guild/raid and posts only to get attention to them, not to an actual problem.
    Do you think that they just surf wow forums and answer on questions whole day? Or forum is their main source of their statistics and feedbacks? People who actually try to improve a game, never will post on forums, but will send them email.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    How does being rude to customers have anything but a negative effect?
    To suggest it will get more players to subscrible is ridiculous.
    He has never been rude in any of his tweets. Sarcastic sometimes? Yes, but never rude nor snide. People just love to twist his comments and in turn try really hard to get themselves "offended."

Have you seen the garbage he gets daily? Beat-up threats, calls for him to get fired, etc. It is amazing that he puts up with these every day and still maintains his composure and doesn't snap like Tseric did way back then. This man has master-level Zen training I tell ya.

Besides, he is being paid to design the game, he is not a Community Manager, he is not Customer Relations, he is not Support. A lot of trolls don't get that. He could immediately cease all communication right now from Twitter (and he is considering it BTW), Forums, etc, and he would still work and get paid at Blizzard. But he stills maintains direct communication with the players out of his own choice.

All people I know who play wow are older then 30! All horde players!
    All people ALL my friends know that play wow are older than 30! All horde players.

There goes the 12 year horde-player statement.

OT: I personally don't like the way GC answers and defends his ideas. I wouldn't say he needs to be fired maybe he needs a bit more freedom when deciding the direction of the game; maybe he is being directed too much in regard the direction and pacing of the game. I don't know really.
    Last edited by Synstir; 2013-01-07 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    He has never been rude in any of his tweets. Sarcastic sometimes? Yes, but never rude nor snide. People just love to twist his comments and in turn try really hard to get themselves "offended."

Have you seen the garbage he gets daily? Beat-up threats, calls for him to get fired, etc. It is amazing that he puts up with these every day and still maintains his composure and doesn't snap like Tseric did way back then. This man has master-level Zen training I tell ya.

Besides, he is being paid to design the game, he is not a Community Manager, he is not Customer Relations, he is not Support. A lot of trolls don't get that. He could immediately cease all communication right now from Twitter (and he is considering it BTW), Forums, etc, and he would still work and get paid at Blizzard. But he stills maintains direct communication with the players out of his own choice.
    *against activision-blizzards choice

While I have no issues agreeing with ghostcrawler being the leader in the team that did some amazing things for this game (the word balance not existing pre-wrath), could really do without his arrogance as he basically treads on parts of the community he doesn't like.

Deleted
    I dislike GCs way of handeling things. Not because he is rude or sarcastic or anything. I couldn't care less about that.
    Many comments of GC make it seem like he doesn't know wtf is going on. If he just cannot communicate well or if he really doesn't know basic WoW things or if he sometimes just lies I am not sure. Yet he always feels the need to make comments.

GC seems to me like the too talkative CEO of a big company that is completely detached from the product itself.

In contrast (although I personally view D3 as a failure) I always had the feeling that bashiok knew what he was talking about. I don't feel that with GC at all and that is my problem with him.
    Last edited by mmocb100f50513; 2013-01-07 at 12:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I don't understand, the developers use majority arguments all the time, they just call it "overwhelming feedback"
    Well if the overwhelming feedback is actually helpful and not just the blatant whining it makes sense...

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    I do like his sarcastic marks, but sometimes we really need answers. Like understanding why an extremely strong class is getting buffed. Sure for PvE, but he adds onto the feeling I have that the devs of WoW don't PvP outside BGs.
    Well tbh I doubt if weNEED answers but even so, I do believe that if they have the answers they would provide them.
    PVP is not my cup of tea so hard for me to judge that area, but for the rest I think GC and Blizz in general are doing one heck of a job.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I can tell you this. The majority of people who plays Horde are 12 year olds. Oddly, Blizzard can show\prove to you something different. Yet ALL my friends have confirmed, the majority of Horde players they know are 12 year olds.
    Haha, you hit the nail right on spot here.

Read this quote and next time think about this before you go nerd rage because you lost a game. (Please feel offended if this offended you)

Ghostcrawler is, quite honestly, the best thing to ever happen to this game. I remember when we had a direct line of communication with him during early WotLK. It was fantastic. We got open, candid, intelligent discussion about the game, we were able to provide direct feedback to the developers... It was a beautiful thing.

Then immature wastes of space came in and shouted at him because he wasn't doing exactly what they wanted, blamed him for everything that went wrong (ignoring that he works as part of a team), and generally wasted his time with noise and garbage.

So that stopped. The devs tried to treat us with respect, the community threw it back into his face.

Now we're trying again with Twitter. Mostly it's going well, but again, some idiots in the community are trying to ruin it. Again. Just stop it.

Stop getting offended. Stop hyper-analyzing everything he says. Stop looking for insults when there weren't any. He's just trying to get proper, reasoned feedback: he's not trying to insult people.

Grow up, stop getting offended over every little thing. You may just be happier for it, and we'll keep an open line of communication with one of the better development teams in gaming. Win win situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Ghostcrawler has to deal with passive/aggressive angry nerds. There is no way possible to come away from that unscathed. He could send every player in wow a check for a million dollars, and people would bitch that they can't cash it because they don't have a checking account, and demand cash instead. And then call him an asshole.
    We know what happens when a CM cracks under pressure. It is not pretty.
    Not pretty at all.
    Never forget Tseric. Remember his final posts?

First post

When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make. Until you face mobs of psychology, you will not see my side.

Until you see some bright-eyed player coming onto the forums wanting to know what they should spec as this class, and see them shat on and driven away by petty and selfish people who are simply leveraging for game buffs, you will not understand.

You will not understand until you have to see it daily, for years...

Until you understand that many people will trod over you to get where they're going, or to get what they want.

Until you understand that so many people will agree, completely, 100% with a loud, vulgar and assertive individual, not because he is right, but because he is making a stand against "the Man"; to take no critical thought in what they say, but simply to hop on board.

Until you actually try to acknowledge those who do not speak on the forums, for whatever reason they have, you will not understand.

If you think an archaic business formula like "the customer is always right" works, you fail to understand customers, not a customer. It is a collective. No one person, even myself, is truly above the whole.

I simply have the unfortunate quality of being easily singled out.

Second post

Can't help it.
    Posting impassionately, they say you don't care.
    Posting nothing, they say you ignore.
    Posting with passion, you incite trolls.
    Posting fluff, you say nonsense.
    Post with what facts you have, they whittle down with rationale.
    There is no win.
    There is only slow degradation.
    Take note. It is the first and only time you'll see someone in my position make that position.
    You can be me when I'm gone.

While not necessarily about Tseric, you may recall the Jar of Ashes in Hellfire Peninsula:

"Here is a jar of ashes. These are the ashes of my sanity, my passion, and my drive. All, utterly destroyed by themselves. May all those who look upon these desolated lands of Hellfire remember this fallen peon. He shed blood for the Alliance, and sacrificed for the Horde only to be driven utterly mad by the wicked and soulless ones who devoured what he held most dear. As they feast from his toils, may they suffer his wrath. Maybe not in this world, but in every world hereafter. It is my declaration, my solemn oath, and my everlasting promise. I will avenge my suffering."
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-01-07 at 01:52 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think iBlizzard would be better off, to not just reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, but to execute the right in a few hundred (it ain't more than that) cases, and kick some douche bags out of the contract.
    Or.... Alternatively, Blizz could do what every other big company does in the genre.... Not communicating at all. Don't give a rats ass about what the people actually think.
    Offer them a product, they can either take or leave it. No discussion. No time to talk to little douche bags. Business is more important.

Wait... What's Blizzard doing? Offering a communication platform, putting up with douche bags on a daily basis.
    And yet again, continues to offer just that,...... Meanwhile a bunch of brats either forgets, or never understood, that WoW is just a product, and not a "I make my own game" project.

I'm not happy with everything in the game. I am sure I would do some things a lot different. But I still don't act like a self entitled ass bag, I rather appreciate the chance to communicate with the responsible people. And often enough they in fact listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Seems like half of the braindeads who want him fired don't even know he answers on twitter on his free time or on breaks, not on paid hours.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.