Deleted

Biowares bandwidth

Are the folk over there completely nuts to have such minuscule bandwidth for downloading game data?

I've looked over the official forums and there are a multitude of other people with exactly the same problem. I have 60mbps interwebs, downloading games from steam at around 7 mb/s yet downloading the however many gigs for a fresh install of SWTOR, i'm downloading constantly at <200kb/s...

There are no suggested solutions so the only reason I can see is, like i said, bioware just didn't bother installed a decent infrastructure to allow people to download their game at normal speeds.

No real question by the way, just wanted a rant.

10+ Year Old Account
    downloading the 9bg game plus all the extra crap whatever they may be and the non stop crashing to desktop and random errors and freezes are a godamn pain but other than nto playing theres nothing i can do about it as ea dont care about f2p players so support doesnt work

I downloaded the game a month ago and for sure had a higher download speed.

They might have changed something inbetween or there are more people dl ?

Downloaded the game for my misses last night had a constant 6mbs download speed.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm, i downloaded it about a month ago on a laptop and i was downloading at 1.5 or 2 megs a sec. not sure its on their end really. in fact even when i patch the game i download at this speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I considered playing again in Dec when ppl were coming back for F2P and the Cartel Coins, I was pulling an easy 5-6Mb the whole time. I had the entire game downloaded within 6 hrs. Id have to say its something either on your end or between you and them.

P.S. I never launched the game and deleted it again recently, just in case your wondering =)