View Poll Results: What design for Kill Shot would you prefer?

Voters
232. This poll is closed
  • How it is now. Medium damage, free, cooldown, just another button.

48 20.69%
  • Execute-style. High damage, costly, no CD, dominates rotation sub-20.

104 44.83%
  • Neither of these. I'd prefer a different solution.

22 9.48%
  • I am a confused Paladin. Why am I here? How do I get to my forum? Help!

27 11.64%
  • I am Greg Street! I hereby ban you from game design forever.

31 13.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hate the double click execute for my Hunter and Priest. I think it should do more damage, have a higher cooldown, and only be clickable once.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because I pvp.

And in pvp that would be ridiculousness.

You can kite a warrior, not so much a hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

It would be really interesting to have a 60+ focus kill shot, but I think PVP balancing would ruin it.

I'd just like the old version back, even without the former glyph effect. No focus, medium CD, hit like a TRUCK. It's another case of our individual skills getting nerfed damage wise due to some mechanic Blizz thought was cool. In this case, making the glyph effect of a reset if the target survives baseline, they felt it necessary to bring the damage way down from where it used to be. Once upon a time a Kill Shot had a pretty solid chance to actually kill whatever you shot, excluding raid bosses.

Either return it to that reward shot for getting our target near death, used to finish the job, or remove it. But that's just me, I'm in favor of really pruning and tuning our abilities, and I know few agree with my viewpoint.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    No, because I pvp.

And in pvp that would be ridiculousness.

You can kite a warrior, not so much a hunter.
    I feel this is a poor justification for opposing the idea. You can't LoS a Warrior, but you can LoS a Hunter. A Warrior with teammates supporting them can get glued to you with a full Rage bar, CDs, and their Execute ready. Likewise, a Hunter can be trained or CC'd or Disarmed as someone slips low.

Further, with a Focus cost, you're only eating so many before the hunter has to refuel. There's plenty of room for planning and strategy, it would hardly be an "IWIN" situation even if you get sloppy and get dropped low with a high-execute class around. It's not exactly turning KS into some kind of instant Chaos Bolt.

I think if you appealed to "That would annoy me in PvP!" before every class ability was designed, you'd end up with every single player having nothing but auto-attack and some /spit macros on their actionbars. Maybe Fel Flame for the casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Warrior's Execute is very impractical most of the time. We in my previous guild had to swap our Warrior out at the start of Mogushan Vaults on Feng because the first phase was taking too long. We were all under geared and so were our healers, those one or two extra epicentres really hurt. After swapping him out we instantly saw major improvements and got him down.

To answer your poll's question, no I don't want an execute like a Warrior's Execute. I'd rather see Kill Shot's damage doubled and not resetting the cool down if it doesn't kill it's target. Not because I want to see high numbers, but because spamming it twice in a row every 10 seconds is a little clunky.
    Did you know you can avoid 80% of every Epicenter? Your raid is dumb lol. Our first kill on Normal and HC avoided full Epicenters, instead we stunned him and used bubble on those where we couldn't get him stunned.

I like how it is now tbh, though the damage seems a little low at times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Did you know you can avoid 80% of every Epicenter? Your raid is dumb lol. Our first kill on Normal and HC avoided full Epicenters, instead we stunned him and used bubble on those where we couldn't get him stunned.
    80% isn't 100%. This was the day after Mogu'shan opened, we had no valor gear and not even full heroic dungeon blues. That little bit of damage actually made an impact on our healer's healing and mana regen in the long term. Feng is a long fight and you will be eating more AoE damage in the other phases. Still doesn't change the point I was trying to make. Our Warrior's damage was low for the first 80% of the fight and that made it a lot harder compared to having a DPS who was able to do more upfront damage. Our Warrior wasn't bad and his damage would have been normal over the full fight, but especially in the gear we had back then we just had issues with him in our group.
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-01-09 at 09:27 AM.

80% isn't 100%. This was the day after Mogu'shan opened, we had no valor gear and not even full heroic dungeon blues. That little bit of damage actually made an impact on our healer's healing and mana regen in the long term. Feng is a long fight and you will be eating more AoE damage in the other phases. Still doesn't change the point I was trying to make. Our Warrior's damage was low for the first 80% of the fight and that made it a lot harder compared to having a DPS who was able to do more upfront damage. Our Warrior wasn't bad and his damage would have been normal over the full fight, but especially in the gear we had back then we just had issues with him in our group.
    You should only have 2 ticks of Epicenter if Bubble is used correctly, even that isn't really tough, we were in same dungeon blues + some had epics from Stone Guards normal. My friend's guild never used the stun on their first kill on Normal, they just stacked at the middle(boss was where he picks up the Epicenter weapon) and heal through every 2nd Epicenter.

Just sounds like your guild's healers weren't that prepared for raids.

Edit: Warriors have very strong burst at start, that would make the the first phase be really fast, which it is.

I just want the old Killshot back, 1 hard hitting ability to use sub 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I hate the double click execute for my Hunter and Priest. I think it should do more damage, have a higher cooldown, and only be clickable once.
    Basically this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    With how mop plays now I'd rather just have KS gone. It's just another stupid button that does no damage but we have to push it to be competitive.
    This statement makes absolutely 0 sense. If KS did such pitiful damage that you could realistically generalize it as 'no damage' (which is complete hyperbole nonsense btw), then how would pushing it do anything to make you competitive?

/boggle

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    Having played Warrior quite a bit lately, I find myself missing the very powerful Execute. Kill Shot just doesn't deliver the same way by comparison, and I especially miss that shift into "EXECUTE MODE /RAWR" where it's time to obliterate something.
    As for you, what you don't seem to realize is that warrior dps is balanced around the batshit-crazy damage we do in Execute range. Meaning, 80% of the time, we're doing less dps than we would be were it not for that button. While that doesn't matter on fights with long execute phases (its damage alone will rocket you past all but the best dps in your raid) its still a slightly annoying mechanic.

So yeah, I'm quite happy with KS as is. I wouldn't mind a single-use, harder hitting KS on a cooldown, but definitely not the execute model.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2013-01-09 at 11:51 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like some others, I would prefer to not "double" Kill Shot, instead boosting damage. I think you should've separated that option, it's not exactly like it is now, but close.
    Kill Shot feels pretty weak ATM, cause its' benefit is reduced by both having no focus cost and being able to use it twice.
    I'd rather have pure 10-sec cooldown 15-20 focus hard-hitting shot.
    Old Gods made me do it.

The pvp argument is meh. Most of the time, when someone gets into "execute" range, they are healed up before you can get the shot off. And even if you do get the shot off, there's travel time where that player gets healed right back up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    As for you, what you don't seem to realize is that warrior dps is balanced around the batshit-crazy damage we do in Execute range. Meaning, 80% of the time, we're doing less dps than we would be were it not for that button.
    I'm extremely sceptical about these claims and believe that the difference is being severely exaggerated. As someone in the Warrior forums pointed out, it's easy for any Warrior to hit relatively high damage during Execute even without strong planning. This can skew the range to make it look like Warrior damage is just low pre-20, when in reality it just requires better control of the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Like some others, I would prefer to not "double" Kill Shot, instead boosting damage. I think you should've separated that option, it's not exactly like it is now, but close.
    I was thinking about this, but I think it's more-or-less irrelevant. If you prefer the "free, cooldown" model, then that's what you prefer — clunk-tastic resets or not. And that's what I'm really looking into.
    Last edited by Lovestar; 2013-01-09 at 08:40 PM.

Was better in Wrath.

Deleted
    Double dmg, remove the double cast shit and give it a cast time. Like fat powershot op kill execute spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howmakesense View Post
    Double dmg, remove the double cast shit and give it a cast time. Like fat powershot op kill execute spell.
    Please for the love of god don't give it a cast time. I'll take the current design including the cooldown resetting mechanic over that.

Please for the love of god don't give it a cast time. I'll take the current design including the cooldown resetting mechanic over that.
    CD reset doesn't work half the time. It just uses it once and then goes on CD...

Deleted
    I slightly agree. I want kill shot to hit a bit harder, but I kinda like it this way.
    Kill Shot doesnt really feel like a execute-ability atm imo.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a perfect way to fix MM. Add a passive ability, "You take precise aim with killshot dealing x% more weapon damage, and the ability now costs 25 focus" or something.