Thread: MW pvp setup

10+ Year Old Account

MW pvp setup

So I know mw isnt too good right now but what is the best setup as far as talents and glyphs go? Also whats the best route glyph wise as far as mana tea and uplift? Thnx I was gunna ditch my mw cus it blows right now but I like monk soo much im just gunna ride it out and hope for a better misty in 5.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about...

...moved to the Monk forum. I suspect you'll actually get help here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about...

...moved to the Monk forum. I suspect you'll actually get help here.
    srry forgot to do that

You may want to edit your post to be more precise about what you do in pvp - BGs, RBGs, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 each have different playstyles and may induce some changes to the spec. Also, assuming you run arena, the comps you run will also tend to dictate the standard spec (although more often than not, you will swap spec around what enemy comp you run against).

Generic talents go
    T1 tiger's lust
    T2 Chi Wave
    T3 Chi Brew or Ascension highly depending on your playstyle (particularily depending on how much your comp allows for SoM chi build as opposed to the current standards of healing orbs spam)
    T4 Deadly Reach or Leg Sweep. Based on how much you expect to get trained, how many other stuns(or poly based DRs) your comp provides
    T5 Dampen Harm or Diffuse Magic depending mostly on what comp you are facing
    T6 Xuen

Chi Torpedo may seem attractive at first but since it breaks so many CCs, it may often leads as "your mobility breaking peels" or "you moving to go offensive breaking some offensive CCs".

As for glyphs, Life Cocoon and ReM are pretty much baseline. Floating 3rd slot bounces between zen meditation/transcendance/stoneskin/fortifying brew which are each situationnal/preference based/enemy comp based etc.

You shouldn't run glyph of mana tea for pvp as there are pretty much always windows to sip teas. In some rare RBG cases against comps/enemy teams you've faced before it may become a decent option but hardly is.

You shouldn't run glyph of uplift either. Outside "last seasons' style" where every team was a dot cleave, you should hardly ever uplift, at least not in a spammy enough way that you would feel the need to glyph it. In 3v3, we struggle enough for mana already that uplift is basically only used to beat LoS/Range issues with teamates in extreme emergencies. Arena (and hell even rbg atm) is mostly about single target burst and uplift doesn't counter that anyway. It only has a niche to help keep the whole team topped off for incoming swaps(esp in rbgs) which really doesn't require it to be glyphed.

This is my setup:

Glyph of Mana Tea (you just can't afford to stand around and drink, which also leaves you open for interupts, no thanks)
    Glyph of Life Cocoon (a must have imho, can't pvp without it)
    Glyph of Transcendence (the 10m added range is just godlike if used properly, gets you out of range 100%)

I used the Glyph of Renewing Mist for weeks, but after I switched out of it for a couple of days, I didn't notice any difference. Try it out, if you don't miss it, pick something more useful.

T1: Celerity (I switched out of it and picked Tiger's lust for a while and I absolutely hated it, I prefer the mobility, sometimes, 1 more roll is the difference between life and death)
    T2: Chi Wave (don't think there is any real choice here)
    T3: Ascension (the added mana-pool stacks with the 2% meta and mana tea, don't see any reason to pick something else)
    T4: Leg Sweep (had deadly reach for a while, but leg sweep seems superior, you can cc healers forever with this combo, leg sweep, paralysis from the back and then spear hand strike from the front, that's like a 16 seconds cc every 45 sec.)
    T5: Diffuse Magic (with the godlike monk mobility, magic damage just seems way more dangerous than melee and this saved me countless times, plus the reflecting of dots are a great bonus)
    T6: Chi Torpedo (this adds some meters to our roll, you just need to be careful not to "overshoot", the added heal saved me countless times, the damage helps to unstealth rogues, druids, mages etc., I would advise against Xuen, the damage is a joke, especially after the pvp-power nerf for damage and the dot can mess up your cc)

On a side note, never buy a pvp-weapon. The scaling of the added pvp-power is so weak and the iLvL of those weapons so low, you are better of with a weapon from raidfinder terrace or heart of fear. I made and excel sheet and it turned out to be the superior option (and you save a shitload of points). I'm also running with darkmoon trinket for the same reason.