Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    And to people saying this is a exploit. It really isn't everything is working the way it should but the problem is blizzard did not see it working this way. Only way I would say this is a exploit is the way player's are going into the level 90 raids.
    Have you read the reason as to why people are calling this an exploit in this thread? There is a bug with vengeance currently that allows you to get over 100 million AP. There's is even a video posted. If people using a clearly unintended bug is not exploiting I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Have you read the reason as to why people are calling this an exploit in this thread? There is a bug with vengeance currently that allows you to get over 100 million AP. There's is even a video posted. If people using a clearly unintended bug is not exploiting I don't know what is.
    Once again the way Vengeance is working is not a bug. It is just poorly setup and needs to change.

Just because people have made it so they can scale AP to stupid high dose not mean its a bug it just scale's stupid and needs to be reworked.

The Vengeance giving 100mil ap would not even happen the way it dose if it was not for the fact level 80's are putting on MOP gear and once again this is something that's blizzards fault because they didn't put a level cap on gear.

Vengeance+MOPgear+Level 80 Pally using SS=stupid scaling in numbers and this would not have happen if blizzard did there gear scaling a lot better and put a cap on the MOP gear. Remove ether of those 3 and it will not work.

This "BUG" has been going on since MOP released and for blizzard to fully fix it they would have to do a roll back on all accounts that have a pally on it if not all 10million accounts to make sure they get everyone then redo the gear/skill. This will not happen because like i said this has been going on since MOP came out and lots of people who didn't do it would lose a lot of kills/gear ect...

If this is a Exploit then mionelol soloing the first boss in DS untill it enraged while the raid was current is also a Exploit.

Edit: To sum this up and its my final comment on this topic this is blizzards fault for the way they scaled things and for making MOP gear that a level 80 can use.
    Last edited by dota2please; 2013-01-07 at 08:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    Once again the way Vengeance is working is not a bug. It is just poorly setup and needs to change.

Just because people have made it so they can scale AP to stupid high dose not mean its a bug it just scale's stupid and needs to be reworked.
    So me getting 370k attack power from a normal auto attack from Patchwerk is not a bug? Fighting agains't Professor Putricide heroic for a few minutes, vengeance up at 40kish where it should be, then suddenly POOF 1.6 million AP, Putricide dead in seconds?

I noticed this bug early on after buying a bunch of new gear for my old paladin twink, and there was no doubt in my mind that this is definitely bugged as hell.

You know, this bug imo is hilariously funny, especially since it makes them so powerful they can solo raid content that is 10 levels above them. Just wait until they can do heroic.

Of course it's Blizzard's fault. Bugs are mistakes in the code, and the authors of said code are the only ones who can take responsibility for said mistakes. However, if one is to define an exploit as "taking advantage of a bug that isn't Blizzard's fault," then there would be no such thing as an exploit, because those bugs do not exist. This is obviously baloney. Bugs are bugs, and taking advantage of them is taking advantage of them. Which is why I physically cringe whenever I see the argument "it's not an exploit because the bug was right there in front of me, can't blame me for jumping all over it."

As for this particular instance, the bug and exploit appears to be not in scaling issues for underlevel characters in raids, it's the fact that said characters got into the raids in question at all. Blizzard doesn't balance raids around having underlevel characters in them because they aren't supposed to ever be in there in the first place, a fact that should have been made painfully obvious by the giant letters spelling out "You must be this tall to ride" whenever a lowbie tries to go into a raid by normal means. The fact that they are in there despite the warning message, still in full effect, clearly stating this should be impossible - That is an exploit.

Not sure why everyone's so up in arms about it. "AMG BLIZZ MUST FIX NAO!!1" Who cares if a couple of level 80s found a glitch so they can get gear they can't wear for another 10 levels? Good for them. I always find it to be kind of cool when people figure stuff like this out, along the lines of stuff dks solo. But I guess everyone turns into jealous assholes when other people get stuff they can't themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Not sure why everyone's so up in arms about it. "AMG BLIZZ MUST FIX NAO!!1" Who cares if a couple of level 80s found a glitch so they can get gear they can't wear for another 10 levels? Good for them. I always find it to be kind of cool when people figure stuff like this out, along the lines of stuff dks solo. But I guess everyone turns into jealous assholes when other people get stuff they can't themselves...
    There was a bit on page five or so by one of those 80's saying he was going to bring a 90 healer along on a H Stone Guards kill and sell him his BiS for 30k a piece.

That, sir, is just one of the many, many things that is wrong with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Been asking for a fix for a few months now actually, still nothing has been done about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's still people calling it not a bug/exploit? Learn what one is before you post. Its not even scaling related.

Silly people are silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone can't see the problem with a level 80 soloing level 90 raids, then there's not really anything we can do for them.

Deleted
    What addon is that they are using ? the enemy swing timer one. Could be damn useful but it sounds like its personally made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    If someone can't see the problem with a level 80 soloing level 90 raids, then there's not really anything we can do for them.
    I ask this question again and to everyone else QQing about this:

What does this have anything to do with your personal enjoyment of the game? How does this affect you in ANY way? Simple answer: it does nothing to affect you, other than make you jealous.

Same goes for everyone else "upset" about this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

What does this have anything to do with your personal enjoyment of the game? How does this affect you in ANY way? Simple answer: it does nothing to affect you, other than make you jealous.

Ask me again when my guild makes me dps instead of tank when they need to bring in an invincible level 80 twink to do my job better than I ever could. Just because this has only been used for %^&*s and giggles does not mean that is the only possible application.

Deleted

Yes, its completely fine that a single character, 2 expansions behind your 10 current payers, can kill a boss quicker than your entire guild can.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    There's still people calling it not a bug/exploit? Learn what one is before you post. Its not even scaling related.

Silly people are silly.
    Thank you kindly. So tell me, how long do you usually steep your tea?

Should be upset about this "feature"

It's buggy and should be treated as such. It affects my enjoyment of the game because I am against broken stuff. I'm not upset or even slightly annoyed, I just think it should be fixed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It affects my enjoyment of the game
    No it doesn't. In fact it's none of your business even.
    All I can see is lvl 90s who are bitter that lvl 80 is the peak of character power (even during the entirety of Cataclysm they were), and those 90s are too lazy to lvl a new char to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No it doesn't. In fact it's none of your business even.
    All I can see is lvl 90s who are bitter that lvl 80 is the peak of character power (even during the entirety of Cataclysm they were), and those 90s are too lazy to lvl a new char to 80.
    It's not about "peak of power"

It's about a lvl 80, 10 levels below the contents intended level, soloing said content. Their is going to be nothing stopping them from going straight into the new raid in 5.2 and soloing things that a full 10 man raid can't do. If you claim that's working as intended then i would presume you're the type who claim that if you can dupe in game it's blizzards fault and it's working as intended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Their is going to be nothing stopping them from going straight into the new raid in 5.2 and soloing things that a full 10 man raid can't do.
    All they need to do is to fix the lvl check for MoP content instance portals so that lower lvls can't enter even after a 90 did. There's no need to fix cataclysm raid portals though, as that's old content.

Deleted
    Vengeance is now capped at max HP (tested this on an EU realm).

Edit: And a response about the 409 items: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...86044846915586
    Last edited by mmoc2e27bb62e7; 2013-01-08 at 05:25 AM.