Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    have you tryed it on ptr to see if its fixed there yet?
    If it is caused by a race condition involving how vengeance is calculated it may be a very hard bug to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Well then if it is real then it's not such a surprise why tanks are topping damage / dps charts.
    I did a icc with a 80 fire mage and he was pulling 500k+ dps with combust up and then pulling agro from the tank and instant dying lol

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The very fact that Blizz released MoP gear that an 80 could even wear (in past expacs, lowest level gear was previous level cap - 3, so 57 for BC, 67 for Wrath, 77 for Cata) showed that whatever intern they hired to allocate the items in their database really fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    just look at the 80-84 bg bracket and the 80 twinks stand out like a sore thumb lol.
    And if you want to make some quick gold start farming mobs in Jade Forest sell the blues, i found the Mail Agility helm and sold it for 12k gold sold pretty much as soon as listed it.
    Last edited by starkey; 2013-01-06 at 07:14 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys you forgot one thing... Since MoP, avoidance doesn't work the same. Block isn't on the same ctc table than parry/dodge/miss are.
    Originally Posted by cutterx2202
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    You know, I was going to ignore it, but since you were being such a cunt...

He has HEAVILY edited his original post since I made that statement. So kindly fuck off.

Everything below the word "edit" was not there when I posted.
    Wow, the anger is strong in this one. Need a hug?

I really think that this is starting to spill into current raiding tiers, and it depends on how many bosses fall to this bug, Blizzard will start working faster on a fix. I do kinda think it's a cool bug, just hoping it doesn't start ruining things.

its totally possible. Ive yet to try it as i dont have much time to give it solid attempts.

watch?v=6Rozs0eTeuA
    ^
    this is me doing normal mode ICC Marrowgarr...at 50 seconds in you can see the bug happen (going from 80K vengeance to over 250K). When this happens it will also buff your sacred shield (as you can see later in the fight). The amount of vengeance gained is determined by the size of the hit. On LK heroic 25...you can get past 4mil vengeance...allowing you to kill him in under 2 mins.

I can easily see someone killing stone guard if the get the bug to proc many times in a row...making the paladin do insane dps/absorbs.

I can't wait for this to be solo'd on heroic next week. Incase you were all wondering, this is not the first time a level 80 has solo'd it. Heroic mode entails having a level 90 healer help you paint the floor, only healing themselves. You can sell the BiS gear to the healers for about 30k a run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    Good thing it is impossible to edit a photo.
    Its not fake, he have a registered kill on his actual armory.

Done with an exploit? Meh, color me not caring/not impressed. *rolls eyes*
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Is there some reason for the weird combination of int, spirit and str gear used?

Quote Originally Posted by Teorino View Post
    Is there some reason for the weird combination of int, spirit and str gear used?
    Mop enchants for higher stat value to become mastery cap for the bug

Deleted
    Stop moaning and let the people doing this enjoy their fun, no reason to remove it. its not like their doing WF heroic kills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    They can't use the gear at all.
    But they can "boost" someone who can use the gear. And that's where the problem kicks in with this otherwise very fun idea.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Although its legit due to gear, with Vengeance it seems OTT. There was an 80 Prot Paladin on my realm yesterday soloing SW Guards on a PVE Server. I have full PVP Gear as a Mage, and the guy absorbed all what I threw at him and started hitting me for 60k plus. He only died when about 4 90s dropped on him. He came back, and I started looking at his stats. Sacred Shield absorbing 90k per tick? OTT
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Done with an exploit? Meh, color me not caring/not impressed. *rolls eyes*
    This isn't an exploit.
    It's game-breaking and something blizzard needs to fix, but it's really just clever use of game mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    This isn't an exploit.
    It's game-breaking and something blizzard needs to fix, but it's really just clever use of game mechanics.
    You really have to define what a bug and what an exploit both actually are. A bug usually means a game mechanic that is doing something unintended, which is what we're seeing with the levels of vengeance. An exploit is using that bug for personal gain, or just using it in general, which is what we're seeing here.

Vengeance is supposed to be 2% of unmitigated damage taken. Say a boss hits a tank with around 80% from armour + passives for 10k. This means a 50k unmitigated hit, which translates to 1k vengeance. Say that same boss gives me 1 million vengeance because I'm using this bug, would you call that clever use of game mechanics? I know I wouldn't.

So yes, it IS an exploit.

How can 80 level characters can enter 90 level raid?

Deleted
    As long as that gear exists, people will find clever ways to use it even in current content. Just fixing the vengeance mastery bug for protection paladins won't remove the underlying issue, and someone will eventually find another way to use that gear on lvl 90 content.

Significant evidence via screenshots and whatnot.

I'd like logs, thanks.

Oh, wait. You can't let that happen, because it would actually force Blizzard to respond, which, despite your claimed intention, you don't want. Meanwhile, everyone who pays to access a particular forum, would be admonished.

Heaven forbid Blizzard's corrections cut into potential Youtube revenue.