Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Well done for fucking things up for lvl 90's, hope you are proud of yourself. You and the other guy have completely ruined the game for some players, and for what? This weird power trip that you had to be the one that got it fixed? Really?

Oh well, guess I'll just use my weekly LK 25 hc save to ninja the mount if it ever drops. I'll just send them to your Youtube account if they want to vent their rage <3
    So you get 600K+ vengeance a lot? Surely you can see this is temporary. If anything, you can still force higher stacks, no different than before (except they can't go above your hp pool, which involves you taking vengeance*50 damage every ~5 seconds. Assume a tank has 600k hp, 600k*50 less around 60ish percent for tank reductions, ends up being still around 12 million damage every 5.)

Still could use a better fix, if it's even possible. But hey, get mad at me if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    Bosses are +3 levels from YOUR level so if you're fighting a MoP boss as level 80 they are in fact only level 83. (In terms of combat table scaling)
    Not true. You might still need required hit and expertise to hit bosses lower content than you (90s in molten core), but you definitely need more hit/expertise/avoidance to hit bosses higher level than you. Level+3 is 1092% avoidance, 7.5% hit, 7.5% expertise (ignoring parry for now), +8 levels (80s vs 88s) is around 20% hit/expertise, 124% avoidance, and 70% caster hit (assumed numbers for melee, probably higher), +13 is 139% avoidance, and I'd guess nearly 40% hit/expertise, and some obscene level of spell hit for casters. Not done any tests on this part)

Quote Originally Posted by Ozziee View Post
    It's actually the red bars you want to look for. You need to press SotR exactly when it comes into the red area to get more vengeance. Because of the latency. The more latency you have the bigger the red area becomes. It's kind of a hard task to get it perfectly, since you need to get it in there in less than ½ a second. Then it also, as said, depends on your latency.
    Red bars are your current target, white are targets not attacking you, and yellow is your focus. Red bar on the left is latency, but it doesn't seem to completely be effective (chances are it was all parry RNG, but whatever). Dual wielding mobs make it go all funky.

Deleted
    On the plus side, this is amazing for vengeance trackers - Finally a maximum we can use to track with a progress bar instead of a number.

Deleted
    I would have PvP'd doing so myself.

Edit: I don't have the slightest clue if stats work the same in PvP so forgive me for being an idiot if it ain't.

BTW, eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Faruz/achievement#92:a6193
    bullfake...

Edit: omg, my bad. Ty, Shaoshi
    Last edited by mavr; 2013-01-08 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mavr View Post
    BTW, eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Faruz/achievement#92:a6193
    bullfake...
    That's a shared achievement

Faruz has around 50% haste so it makes sense why the sacred shield absorbs acted the way they did. This paladins raw stats are just amazing all around. Seems a lot of people are angry about the kills in this thread but I rather enjoyed seeing elegon die to a level 80.

Deleted
    Well i guess that will make my weekly LK25HC solo take quite a lot of more time.
    I didn't bother with BIS for my twink, so she's 97k Hp / 132k in ICC...
    Assuming 120k vengeance soloing will still be possible with near 100% damage reduction thats up nearly always.
    (and 120k veng sacred shield giving enough of a puffer still)
    Orbs in phase 2 will be annoying though given the capped vengeance when they won't just die to a consecration tick.

meh just made i to lk 25 hc yesterday on my twink soloing the other 11 bosses gave him a few trys but was to sleepy so sopped, woke up today to go and finish and cat get vengence over 112k ;/ oh well 50k gold on gear wastet for nothing - but ye i knew it would be fixed so not to mad

Deleted
    This is fucking ridicolous. Because some stupid people choose to exploit a bug, the real tanks who do current content are screwed over. Yes on windlord hc and empress hc phase 2 you do geto 1 mln vengeance. Stupid community and stupid blizzard making stupid band-aid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    Well i guess that will make my weekly LK25HC solo take quite a lot of more time.
    I didn't bother with BIS for my twink, so she's 97k Hp / 132k in ICC...
    Assuming 120k vengeance soloing will still be possible with near 100% damage reduction thats up nearly always.
    (and 120k veng sacred shield giving enough of a puffer still)
    Orbs in phase 2 will be annoying though given the capped vengeance when they won't just die to a consecration tick.
    Have fun dealing with the silence from the raging spirits (which I'd imagine, you've not even noticed)

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    This is fucking ridicolous. Because some stupid people choose to exploit a bug, the real tanks who do current content are screwed over. Yes on windlord hc and empress hc phase 2 you do geto 1 mln vengeance. Stupid community and stupid blizzard making stupid band-aid.
    There there. This was only a temporary fix. Expect a better one for 5.2, or at least I'd hope they managed to. I'm under the impression that wind lord even on heroic is a bit of a push over when tanks can abuse vengeance that high?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    What is ridiculous is that Vengeance is horribly overpowered even at 90. The DPS tanks dish out is not really acceptable at all. They should never do more than 50% of the top ranked dps, that's the way it was during WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelo View Post
    Vengeance is now capped at max HP (tested this on an EU realm).

Edit: And a response about the 409 items: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...86044846915586
    I moved my old 80 paladin back from my old french server to my current server to enjoy solo twink pve (80 and under, i cba about Cata or MoP). I guess I won't get a refund if they remove my gear?

Make them GFed but I hope they leave them as they are on toons who got it. 84s get full MoP gear too. And they won't fix? Scaling is good there too.

I wish they could fix resilience scaling at 70 instead of wasting time and energy on 80s

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    You really have to define what a bug and what an exploit both actually are. A bug usually means a game mechanic that is doing something unintended, which is what we're seeing with the levels of vengeance. An exploit is using that bug for personal gain, or just using it in general, which is what we're seeing here.

Vengeance is supposed to be 2% of unmitigated damage taken. Say a boss hits a tank with around 80% from armour + passives for 10k. This means a 50k unmitigated hit, which translates to 1k vengeance. Say that same boss gives me 1 million vengeance because I'm using this bug, would you call that clever use of game mechanics? I know I wouldn't.

So yes, it IS an exploit.
    it's an exploit because normal gameplay doesn't expose it
    it's a bug because blizz fucked up some code

this idea that exploits aren't bugs is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's a bug because blizz fucked up some code

this idea that exploits aren't bugs is ridiculous.
    by that logic soloing raids is a exploit because you should have to group to do raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dota2please View Post
    by that logic soloing raids is a exploit because you should have to group to do raids.
    No, if you inferred that from what he said, I'd rethink what you call logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    No, if you inferred that from what he said, I'd rethink what you call logic.
    he said
    Soloing a raid boss is not normal gameplay or every class would be able to do it therefor by his logic soloing raid boss's is a exploit.

until recently you couldn't get into raids solo, so not really. the mechanic worked like it was intended to work. you would not walk in teh door without a raid group

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 02:06 PM ----------

he said
    Soloing a raid boss is not normal gameplay or every class would be able to do it therefor by his logic soloing raid boss's is a exploit.
    that's not my logic. that's just logic. that's common sense. you sound like you disagree but you've yet to say jack shit to disagree. man up, grow a pair, pick your side and debate

your pointless yapping isn't doing anything

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    As always, if you want shit fixed, expose it. Same with all the things reported in MoP beta that was still ready and avilable during 5.0 progress

Just look at the whole hex crash exploits in planetside 2.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    that's not my logic. that's just logic. that's common sense. you sound like you disagree but you've yet to say jack shit to disagree. man up, grow a pair, pick your side and debate

your pointless yapping isn't doing anything
    And now its clear that you only have readed this page and the title cause I have stated many times in this thread what I though about all of this.

Didn't know "Growing a pare"= posting a message on the internet that must be new.

Also posting anything on this site dose nothing since blizzard dose not read MMOC

10+ Year Old Account
    he said
    No, you do play normally when you solo raid content. That isn't what is being talked about at all. I don't want to quote myself.