Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why are most people who play WoW rude?

I just dont understand what has happened to the community. I remember back in Vanilla and BC days it wasnt nearly this bad. But as things that make people more anonymous such as LFD, LFR, Xrealm raiding etc... More and more people expose who they really are. Complete cock jugglers in need of a complete attitude adjustment. Nobody has respect for anyone, everyone talks shit and ninjas, kicks ppl from raids, calls people names etc because they have no realm reputation to uphold anymore.

Really makes me lose faith in the human race. Funny thing is 90% of these assholes couldnt even defend themselves in a real fight and would never do anything in reality to put themselves in any kind of danger. The internet is great, wow is fun for the most part, but its really turning people into the scum of the earth. I dont believe in hell, but sometimes I wish it existed, because then I could rest easy knowing the majority of people Ive encountered in this game would be going there.

I encountered a whole lot of bad people just as you described in BC. It's not that there are a lot more bad people, it's that there's a lot fewer good ones. So many of them have left and not nearly enough replace them since the environment is very hostile to newer players.

I hate to break it to you, but if that's the attitude that you bring with you into WoW, it's likely you rubbing people the wrong way.

There have always been not-so-nice people in the game. You're just noticing them more now.
    There have always been nice people in the game. You're just paying them any attention any more.

That, or your server is one I'd rather avoid.

Most people in life are just pretty shitty at the end of the day. There's a reason people murder, steal, cheat, lie, etc.

Without fear of punishment or consequences of any kind, most people are pretty nasty, selfish apes.

The reason it's gotten worse in WoW is simply there are no consequences any more. Things designed to make the game play quicker and easier have also made it much more annonymous and consequnce free, therefore people behave like idiots rather than just putting a tiny bit of effort in behaving because it might come back to bite em.

It's the internet. Not the game. It's playing games with other human beings behind keyboards or consoles. Has nothing to do with wow.

I don't think WoW turns people into jerks, it's just there's a lot of them out there (just as there are in the real world), and it's become a lot easier to encounter them with all the random matchmaking mechanics. The jerks stand out more by their nature, so it makes it look worse than it really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no different today and to be honest, I hardly ever come across these sorts of people, that's not to say I don't though. Being civil isn't that hard, even in the face of a complete cunt.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

You talk so high and mighty but I bet you'll act just like them in real life.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Most people who play WoW are not "shit heads".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Welcome to the internet.

don't know about those "shitheads" but you don't seem to be too nice yourself :-s. Calm down and look past those things, you'll find plenty of good people.

Most people you see talking crap in trade chat and other things are kids. They are in highschool and still don't know how to act. It's best to just ignore it.

After reading your post you actually sound like a huge asshole yourself. Wishing others would spend an eternity in hell because they annoyed you in a video game? "Oh most of these people couldn't defend themselves in real life" Not only is that assumptious and based on no actual evidence at all, it is irrelevant to the point you are trying to make. You are actually sounding like an "Internet Tough Guy" whether you intend to or not, the whole "You guys should come fight me IRL, i'd crush you little nerds" attitude doesn't really make a lot of sense .

If you want to make a post about people being rude and angry online and how it upsets you. You should start by wording your post in a non agressive way, and CERTAINLY not make assumptions about peoples lives outside of the internet, and say how much you want them to be tortured painfully for the rest of eternity. You sound childish and mad

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnok View Post
    I just dont understand what has happened to the community. I remember back in Vanilla and BC days it wasnt nearly this bad. But as things that make people more anonymous such as LFD, LFR, Xrealm raiding etc... More and more people expose who they really are. Complete cock jugglers in need of a complete attitude adjustment. Nobody has respect for anyone, everyone talks shit and ninjas, kicks ppl from raids, calls people names etc because they have no realm reputation to uphold anymore.

Really makes me lose faith in the human race. Funny thing is 90% of these assholes couldnt even defend themselves in a real fight and would never do anything in reality to put themselves in any kind of danger. The internet is great, wow is fun for the most part, but its really turning people into the scum of the earth. I dont believe in hell, but sometimes I wish it existed, because then I could rest easy knowing the majority of people Ive encountered in this game would be going there.
    And you never once thought you may be part of the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you adequately comment on the nature of the entire WoW population? It's not like you've met enough of them to be able to hold a proper base in the claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

People-identity=douchbag, look at pranks calls before caller id, people will show their true colors if no one is around to catch them on it.

Deleted
    It was always like this. I had to migrate away from a realm in TBC because of constant harassment, even some who threatened to rape me(WTF?). Found myself a really nice guild on my new server on the other hand, still talk to people from there. Some of them I played with through wotlk, was an awesome group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because deep down all of mankind are shitheads.
    Our natural state is one of anarchy not harmony.

Do you really think people are nice? That they care about someone other than themselves (and in emergencies their offspring)?
    Would a complete stranger sacrifice himself to save you willingly?
    No, That is not how we are made. We are made to be self preserving.
    In a lawless state (no form of repercussions present) the common man would kill you If your death benefited him just the slightest.
    Anyone would kill you, and you would kill anyone if it benefited you; because nobody would ever be safe.
    And with the anonymity there are no forms of repercussions (real or imaginary).
    Naturally people then act the way they are and not the way they pretend to be.

My theory is all the people who wanted to do sandbox/community things left a long time ago after starving for so long, and mostly the community is left with the FPS stat-jockeys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using a term like "cock juggler" and pulling the "wimp IRL" card when trying to discuss a trend of rudeness really kills your credibility. You're just as rude as the people you seem to detest.