Deleted

Holy shock macro

yo, ive been trying to find a good holy shock macro to use in arenas, i remember a few years ago most of the paladins were binding taunt on their holy shock macro, is it possible anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    Holy and Ret paladins don't have Righteous Defense anymore iirc, so that macro is no longer possible.
    You're wrong.
    That is not the only taunt available to paladins, Righteous Defense hasn't be available to anyone but prot for like 3 expansions.
    Reckoning is also a taunt, though every castable CC in the game now turns off their pets attacks on you.
    IE: Polymorph turns their elementals attack off of you, so taunt does nothing to help break that.

THOUGH if you're versing a hunter team, taunt his pet on you to eleviate the pressure on your team mates.
    Some times you can get lucky and taunt the hunter pet at the right time and break the paladin's repent on you, or similar.
    Last edited by solvexx; 2013-01-07 at 06:07 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    yo, ive been trying to find a good holy shock macro to use in arenas, i remember a few years ago most of the paladins were binding taunt on their holy shock macro, is it possible anymore?
    Part of the reason for that was that the paladin taunt had a damage component, which it no longer does.

Quote Originally Posted by Valex View Post
    I'm pretty sure the macro he was talking about was Holy Shock + Righteous Defense on party member, to taunt whatever was attacking that party member to go onto you, also pretty sure Righteous Defense was available to Holy and Ret Paladins in Cata.
    You're wrong. It hasn't be available to anyone but prot for like 3 expansions.
    Reckoning is still and always should be used.
    I've been using it in 2300+ arenas for 3-4 expansions.
    So.. Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    You're wrong. It hasn't be available to anyone but prot for like 3 expansions.
    Reckoning is still and always should be used.
    I've been using it in 2300+ arenas for 3-4 expansions.
    So.. Yeah.
    Nope HS + Righteous Defense was there in cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Nope HS + Righteous Defense was there in cataclysm.
    Yeh.. For prot.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In Cataclysm, it was a baseline spell available to all Paladins, just like it was in Wrath and Burning Crusade.

Before MoP, the only spells that were spec-restricted were the ones that you had to talent into - Righteous Defense and Hand of Reckoning were never talents.

Yeh.. For prot.
    I don't remember if ret had Righteous Defense in Cata but I know 100% it was available in Wrath.

EDIT: claiming your 2300 + rated while armory says your highest rating is 2227, tss
    Last edited by gildra; 2013-01-09 at 03:14 AM.

Deleted
    Yeh.. For prot.
    Nope, for holy as well.