[Fire] Need help in figuring out what is wrong with the fluctuating dps

Hello all,
    well i am a raid leader and my mage is struggling with his dps. He blames it on bad stats on gear , bad procs and that fire was nerfed to the ground. Well i want someone to help me look at this guy and figure out whats wrong cuz before replacing him i want to try and help him cuz he is a good friend and been a very good player till a month or so ago .On some fights he goes to the top of dps list and on some he goes so down that he is 15k below the last dps ! so that is the issue i wanna solve. Going through the logs i did notice that he doesnt use alter time, last raid i tried to tell him that and gave him a description on how to be using it properly. But as i am no expert in mage i want help from the people to fix this issue.

armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADxs/advanced
    logs : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mako2s4l83aeo5vz/ - this is to the raid in which we cleared msv HC and norml TOES and he is there on most fights !

Thanks for all ur replies

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Given I'm tired and I tend to analyze really poorly while tired, I won't go too in depth.

He's using incanter's ward on all fights.
    His combustion damage is beyond pitiful.

Someone take it from here, I'm going to bed.

Deleted
    SG: he is ok. Cleave fight.
    Feng: Fire has neither good single target dmg nor any good AoE... shines only in cleave situations. He only had 2,2 mil dmg on the shards, the hunter had over 10 million in comparison
    Garajal: Have not looked int his log, logs for Garajal are completey irrelevant (different dimensions)
    4 Kings: Lots of movement, I would sag your WL is crap... but certainly not the mage. Dot classes have to be in front here (Moonkin does not count, they are really weak at the moment unfortunately )
    Elegon: As good as it can be as fire at the moment... single target
    Emperor: If he has to deal with the rages (was was his job apparently), simply go frost... Fire is not good for packs of 8 mobs. Fire has not aoe... only cleave for larger adds... rages die to quick

Protectors: Half of the raid is cheating the meters... they multidot like hell, although the bosses are healed up after one of 3 is killed. WL did 20 mil on Kaolan... Shadow 17 mil... your mage plays right.. the other ones show their epeen...
    Tsulong: he is moving too much, too many scorches... use blink etc... you only need 1 scorch to enter and exit the circle... for general moving use blink. Alter time can be ussed to reset stacks by the way. Concerning adds.. use him for the big add in the middle, all others die to quick... or play arcane
    Sha: Irrelavant due to the platforms

Conclusion:
    Fire is in bad state concerning single target dps at the moment... Most of the fights are single target unfortunately. Movement is for dot classes, not for mages... only arcance is able to compete at the moment due to scorchweaving and 6 stack camping.

He is at about 40% crit at the moment in raids... that is ok but since the heavy nerf fire is subject to heavy rng again.

Anyway: He is not reforged properly. He sometimes reforges from haste or crit to hit instead of from mastery etc. His crit could be higher if he reforges properly (see bracers for example). And never reforge crit into something else, there are other options. Use reforge light.

Furthermore: Jade Fig is complete crap... he has to buy (!!!!!!) the dm-trinket. Ask him to use +exp on hands instead of + hase, since he still has to reforge into hit to become capped
    Make him upgrade his bis - gear...

Concerning Combustion: There are lots of threads here how to use this spell properly... his combustions are not very... powerful somehow.

My few cents.

P.s. Incanters Ward is almost always the worst option. Eihter use rune if possible or evocation.
    Last edited by mmoca772988627; 2013-01-06 at 02:25 PM.

Make him play Arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    Conclusion:
    Fire is in bad state concerning single target dps at the moment... Most of the fights are single target unfortunately. Movement is for dot classes, not for mages... only arcance is able to compete at the moment due to scorchweaving and 6 stack camping.
    i dont think fire's single target is that bad really. i did 119k on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 25N this week, which would have been 17th ranked arcane mage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    i dont think fire's single target is that bad really. i did 119k on Imperial Vizier Zor'lok 25N this week, which would have been 17th ranked arcane mage.
    You have 5% more crit than he has ...do you really think you can achieve these numbers with 19% unbuffed? That is what he has at the moment.

But you are right, with almost perfect gear in a heavy movement fight like Zorlok fire is still competitve, since arcane has to drop charges sometimes.

With better gear fire will be even more competitve again I think... more crit / better dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkhtar View Post
    You have 5% more crit than he has ...do you really think you can achieve these numbers with 19% unbuffed? That is what he has at the moment.

But you are right, with almost perfect gear in a heavy movement fight like Zorlok fire is still competitve, since arcane has to drop charges sometimes.

With better gear fire will be even more competitve again I think... more crit / better dps.
    Never dropped a charge on this boss. You can achieve 100% uptime pretty easily .

Deleted
    Fire isnz viable for pve end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by elpadrino293 View Post
    119? You were either massively buffed with Tricks of the Trade spamming or you just got incredibly lucky.

On Average, my Fire DPS is a good tens of thousand below Frost for ST.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    119? You were either massively buffed with Tricks of the Trade spamming or you just got incredibly lucky.

On Average, my Fire DPS is a good tens of thousand below Frost for ST.
    no tricks and i wouldn't say i got incredibly lucky either as only one of the ignites i combusted off of was over 100k. the two other combustions were off a meager 50k ignite.