Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Beyond frustrating-Lfr loot

Just got my char to 470 and entered raids to get 10 bags of gold and not 1 single drop,this is driving me and many of my friends to consider leaving the game after 7 years,its not fun to constantly get no loot,its simply broken
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-01-06 at 07:50 PM.

no its simply rng.

i did sha and got my sha touched weapon on my first run WITH A COIN @-@

its all rng
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Lol can we lock this thread.

It's RNG. If you were raiding for real, you could have killed 10 bosses and not gotten loot for your spec. Im betting someone got loot on those 10 bosses, and its quite possible you personally just didnt get anything. If that makes you quit, don't LFR. Real raiding is exactly the same, you just dont get to see what others get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevo705 View Post
    Just got my char to 470 and entered raids to get 10 bags of gold and not 1 single drop,this is driving me and many of my friends to consider leaving the game after 7 years,its not fun to constantly get no loot,its simply broken
    1. its not broken. its RNG.
    2. there IS an amazingly simple solution... gather up 9 of your friends... make a raid... go kill the bosses... divide up the loot... I hear that normal raid bosses always drop stuff, that way you and your friends are always guaranteed 'loot'.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by boseguy22 View Post
    Lol can we lock this thread.

It's RNG. If you were raiding for real, you could have killed 10 bosses and not gotten loot for your spec. Im betting someone got loot on those 10 bosses, and its quite possible you personally just didnt get anything. If that makes you quit, don't LFR. Real raiding is exactly the same, you just dont get to see what others get.
    not to mention most of the time when doing lfr atleast for me every boss atleast a couple people say "hey look i got this!" im pretty sure theres plenty of other people that got something and didnt say anything. hell after only two weeks i was already almost done with my sigils for the gems
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday I did all the 3 raids and used 3 coins. I got gold in all but one roll, which gave me boots I no longer need. Is it frustrating as hell? Of course it is. I was pretty damn pissed. But is it any different from losing every freaking roll to items you want because people are assholes rolling for gold/their friends? I'd say the latter is worse.

In the end, RNG is RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Laws of probibility dictate you would get something from 10 rolls but this isn't happening RNG isn't working i don't expect free loot for nothing but its just broken

I have to ask, though, does anyone actually enjoy RNG? I do not and I must say that I simply do not understand how anybody does so.

Laws of probibility dictate you would get something from 10 rolls but this isn't happening RNG isn't working i don't expect free loot for nothing but its just broken
    luck is luck, the other day i got ashes on my first farming run is the system broken? ive been farming the first boss of kara since i could solo it yet i have yet to ever see the mount is the system broken?

rng is rng

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 10:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    I have to ask, though, does anyone actually enjoy RNG? I do not and I must say that I simply do not understand how anybody does so.
    if there was no rng we would all be bored in weeks and quit playing

10+ Year Old Account
    You're seriously considering leaving because of something that's not even real raiding?... Run normal or heroic modes like people used to do before, there's your answer.

I waited 4 weeks for the last Sigil of Wisdom to drop. You don't see me QQing about quitting..

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 03:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    Without RNG you'd do something once, get everything you wanted then and never do it again. THEN you'd never want to play again as the game becomes stale. RNG is a blessing in disguise.

Oh look, its this thread again.

RNG is RNG, deal with it.

Go find a raiding guild and if you don't like that, then stop complaining and deal with LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    the law of probability doesn't dictate it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_total_probability go look it up, if you say its too complex to understand then you just admitted you don't understand the law of probability which means you don't know what you are talking about.

someone DID get something from those rolls.. I did... I got my staff from Tsulong finally. Thank you for playing, please come again.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Well.. as others have stated.. it is RNG ! We have a small raidingteam in our guild that does 10 man 1 to 2 times a week , besides that i do some LFR to get some upgrades to improve my normal raiding healing. The loot i get there.. is all bonus and i don´t QQ if nothing drops.

If LFR is all the raiding you do.. then consider do some normal raids also since the bosses there drops loot the normal way AND you can use a token if the item you wanted did not drop

Tyr

You didn't get an item one week? I've heard worse. And that isnt even bad. Maybe join an actual raid group and then you can complain about items not dropping there

Deleted
    i dnt see how that is more frustrating then do DS LFR and then see nothing usefull drop and if something usefull drops someone wins it too vendor it.

so far my win rate of items has been higher in MoP LFR's then in DS LFR. and on the plus side i now get some gold even if i get no gold, while you were emptied handed before.

It isnt any different than my shield from Blackhorn never dropping in heroic in tier 13.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    2. there IS an amazingly simple solution... gather up 9 of your friends... make a raid... go kill the bosses... divide up the loot... I hear that normal raid bosses always drop stuff, that way you and your friends are always guaranteed 'loot'.
    ^THIS plus LOCK THIS THREAD!!!
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

meh, rng will be rng. I really hope at some point there will be a "I complain about LFR MEGATHREAD" so all these random threads stop popping up.

Also, see you @ runescape. That is, if you're really quitting! :-)

Deleted
    I hate rng aswell.
    I mean why do i get loot from LFR, when i want a bag of gold?
    I can't use the items anyway and they sell for less than the amount of gold i get from a bag

Pretty tired of hearing this over and over again. Just because you don't understand it doesn't make it a horrible monster out to get your free LFR loot. I killed 5 bosses in heroic MV this week no loot. It's RNG bro