Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

What's your gaming OCD?

What's your gaming Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

mine is pressing the reload button even if i haven't fired any shots.. better same than sorry i guess..

If I have one, I guess it would be keeping every game I've ever owned lol. Never liked trading any in.

In a game with numerical HP, I cannot stand to have an Odd total for health... Final Fantasy pissed me off so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really really really have to finish a game 100%. I just don't like leaving stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't finish games. It's not something I enjoy doing, but it just... happens. Like Ocarina of Time. I loved that game, but I didn't bother finishing it the first time. The second time, I got until the 2nd phase of the final boss fight and just forgot about the game. Come to think of it, the only two games I've ever finished have been A Link to the Past and Dragon Age: Origins. O_o

Edit: Both of which on the 2nd play through, years later. I need professional help.

Revealing the entire map in games like Diablo 2. I like to have everything discovered for a chance at epic loots.
    It's your 15 bucks and you can do what you want, but it's our 60 bucks and we think you're an idiot. That's your answer. Do whatever the hell you want to do when you're alone, but in a group setting you're expected to at least ATTEMPT to play your class correctly.

Hitting F5 (quicksave) after just about every fight. Like, literally every fight. I swear I quicksave every 30 seconds or so. Yeah, I'm paranoid.

Reloading every time I kill someone, I could have used 1 bullet out of 99, but I click that reload button every. single. time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cutting down every bush in a patch on zelda games, also having to check every single customization option, when playing multiplayer w/ friends I'm not allowed to customize my appearance

Extreme and unrelenting overkill.

Always.

WHAT?!?!? the monster only has 50 health?

*full buff*
    *full debuff*
    *limit break*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SegenThePally View Post
    Revealing the entire map in games like Diablo 2. I like to have everything discovered for a chance at epic loots.
    I did the exact same thing in D2!

Quote Originally Posted by Beouf View Post
    What's your gaming Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

mine is pressing the reload button even if i haven't fired any shots.. better same than sorry i guess..
    in wow I always had to park my toon in an inn and rest, I know at first it was smart because you getting resting XP for lvling but later on, in my crazy head I believe my wow toon soul would be wondering around like a lost ghost if hes not parked and resting in an INN.

My friends would be over and they'd be like what are you doing just log off! I would be like NO I HAVE TO GET TO AN INN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Reloading every time I kill someone, I could have used 1 bullet out of 99, but I click that reload button every. single. time.
    I don't think this is really an ocd as much as it is a good habit in a shooter, I always laugh when I watch ppl running around w/o a full clip and they ALMOST kill someone but run out of ammo cuz they're too dumb to reload.

Reloading constantly in gears of war for active reload every time i kill an enemy of even shoot.
    And i can never use a really strong ability on something with a low amount of hp left, its feels like a massive waste XD

edit: turn based combat games like final fantasy i always make sure i kill people wost efficiently without overkill, it just feels.. messy when i dont
    Last edited by Roflstompz; 2011-11-02 at 07:20 AM.

Deleted
    I also save A LOT and can't stand games that have little to no opportunities to save your progress. This is because in the old days, games used to hang randomly and at critical points in games, which would make me throw stuff against walls.

That's also why I really can't try games like Demon's Souls. It would literally cost me my soul to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    I don't finish games. It's not something I enjoy doing, but it just... happens. Like Ocarina of Time. I loved that game, but I didn't bother finishing it the first time. The second time, I got until the 2nd phase of the final boss fight and just forgot about the game. Come to think of it, the only two games I've ever finished have been A Link to the Past and Dragon Age: Origins. O_o

Edit: Both of which on the 2nd play through, years later. I need professional help.
    Haha, I played Dragon Age: Origins and seriously stopped about 5 minutes before the game would have been over. Not sure why to this day, but I'm pretty much like you where I just don't finish games. I have completed Pokemon Red/Blue and Harvest Moon game or two though. Other than that, everything else just doesn't get finished.

I don't know if you would call it ocd, but i obsess over making my toons perfect. for example im considering character race changing my orcs in to other races because i only want one orc. my goal is to have one of each faction per class and it's driving me insane.

Orc warrior staying Orc
    Orc shaman changing Tauren
    Orc rogue changing Bloodelf
    Troll Priest
    Undead Warlock
    Goblin Hunter
    Nightelf Druid
    Worgen DK
    Human Mage
    Draenei Paladin

Pandaren(Horde) MONK <3333333333

I always always search the entirety of zones in games like God of War, I see where I can go, how far I can go, see if anything is hidden, any secret stuff anywhere. I leave no stone unturned and this adds a few hours to the time it takes me to beat the game. Always do it, I can't bring myself to not doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traknel View Post
    Yes it is. In fact, the next expansion is going to be called "Mists of Metzen" and is just going to be various mobs with his face stuck on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marimba View Post
    I don't think this is really an ocd as much as it is a good habit in a shooter, I always laugh when I watch ppl running around w/o a full clip and they ALMOST kill someone but run out of ammo cuz they're too dumb to reload.
    It isn't a good habit when you have a 200 round drum on your M249, you use 5 shots to kill someone, then start the lengthy reload process as soon as you see the +100 for the kill, without looking around or realizing you have 4 clips worth (120 rounds) of ammo from most guns you can fire without being even close to having to reload, but HIT X TO RELOAD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post

Lol, I have a similar problem. It usually takes me YEARS to beat a game. I bought Mass Effect on release day, and I only beat it a couple of months ago. I started ME2 soon after, and have since stopped playing it. I'll probably beat 2 several years after 3 releases lol.

My friends and family consider it a monumental achievement when I actually get around to beating a game Also, and probably because of this, I RARELY play a game again after I've beat it; like the Tales games, I play it once and that's it, even though that series is MADE to be repeated. I just can't do it. That's probably why I don't like beating games...once I do, they get shelved forever. Most RTSs that have a skirmish mode don't get shelved permanently, things like Supreme Commander I'll fire up every now and again just for shits and giggles. But RPGs, once they're done, they're done. I've actually started Oblivion for the umpteen millionth time, and actually plan to beat it this time.