Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Do not ignore Christie. He is a monster of a good person (although he's gotta lose some weight before he runs nationally).
    Eh, why? Taft was fatter.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Either the republican party has Christie as its candidate and possibly wins, or chooses another far right candidate, and the party dies. Personally hoping for the second option, since that has a possibility of forming a multi party system, instead of just 2
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Eh, why? Taft was fatter.
    Because politics is about image now, which is sad. I bet people already have their slander against Christie lined up. It already happened last time when he was trying to get a nomination.

I'd vote for him fat or skinny though.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    Either the republican party has Christie as its candidate and possibly wins, or chooses another far right candidate, and the party dies. Personally hoping for the second option, since that has a possibility of forming a multi party system, instead of just 2
    Nah. We would just go to three parties. Worst IMO because it just splits votes.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    2016 will be Democrat Hillary Clinton against Republican Sarah Palin.

First woman president 2016=D
    Not a chance - not even the GOP is dumb enough to run an idiot like Palin - even Rove would rather have Obama in the White House.

It might be Clinton/???? vs Rubio/Bush in 2016 - but there is a LOT of time before we narrow it down. Christie is awesome, but he's too fat.

And don't forget the parade of idiots that the GOP will have to roll out before they get a half-way decent candidate.
    Last edited by cubby; 2013-03-11 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

if you had any relevance to the 2016 election, there is a mexican american governor who is gonna run for president, seeing as he will be old enough to run for president.

I guess I'm kind of confused why you bumped this rather pointless old thread?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I guess I'm kind of confused why you bumped this rather pointless old thread?
    Two answers, you pick which one best suits your current needs:

1.) Didn't know it was old, wanted to discuss it

2.) Why the heck do you care at all, and why are you wasting your time answering if you don't care? If you do, why are you pretending not to?

Cheers!

Two answers, you pick which one best suits your current needs:

1.) Didn't know it was old, wanted to discuss it

2.) Why the heck do you care at all, and why are you wasting your time answering if you don't care? If you do, why are you pretending not to?

Cheers!
    I was just curious as to why you bumped it, relax, I didn't say you did anything wrong.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was just curious as to why you bumped it, relax, I didn't say you did anything wrong.
    I had some extra nerd-rage left over, had to get it OUT!

I think the next nominations is an interesting topic - especially when we can look back at 2013 and see who was being discussed compared with who is now running. Do you have any thoughts (that I realize would be pure speculation, just as mine are)?

I had some extra nerd-rage left over, had to get it OUT!

I think the next nominations is an interesting topic - especially when we can look back at 2013 and see who was being discussed compared with who is now running. Do you have any thoughts (that I realize would be pure speculation, just as mine are)?
    I'm pretty sure I already posted in thread, but I don't think Hillary has any intention of running for president in 2016 and I believe Marco Rubio is going to be put up as the GOP candidate because the GOP infrastructure, as ridiculous as people want to believe them, understand demographics and how they are losing that battle. Their only choice is to either relax on their social policies, which they can't do without alienating a bunch of their base, or put up Rubio and hope he swings the Latino vote their way.

I wouldn't be surprised if the GOP tries to run someone who is hispanic to say, "hey look guys we actually care about you (and especially your vote since it looks like we need it now.)" lol. Ignore that the majority of our base is absolutely stupid regarding the issue of illegal immigration and cant research the internet to pull up an article that isn't from fox news.

The GOP would run over every minority they can if they could. Now they cant. So they'll pick one to try to edge just enough votes. "Someone who is nice to you, but rude to the waitress is still not a very nice person." I think this quote applies.

And Christie didn't let New Jersey vote on marriage equality so I'm pretty sure he won't be getting my vote unless the Democrat is absolutely horrid. Also, Christie's weight is almost politically moot for me compared to his thin-skinned personality.

I wonder if it isn't the republican party that has gone so far right, but instead the collective political unit including the democratic party that has gone so far right and pushed them into a corner where it's impossible to compete. The GOP's candidates are going to have to be more libertarian at least or that train isn't moving anywhere.
    Last edited by Height; 2013-03-11 at 04:42 AM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Maltese Tiger will be our first third party president. He's the only leader wise and deadly enough to watch over our country. A new era will begin, all that's left is to believe in it. First tiger president trumps first female president any day.

OT: Palin could never run for anything ever again. Alaska might take her back, but no one else would.

Hopefully the Republican nominee is Senator Rand Paul, but it will probably be Marco Rubio (Really hope it's not Christie)

My Predicitions:

Republicans will make modest gains in the senate during the mid term elections(probably won't gain a majority but its definitely possible with what seats are up for reelection) and retain the house

As far as 2016 goes Republicans will take back the Presidency since the economy will still be stuck in a rut thanks to obama's failed economic policy.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    They dont stand a chance to win until they finally make up and kick the teaparty out of the GOP. That right wing extremism will drive away folks for generations to come unless they get serious about kicking them out of the party.
    This^. You have to break it to fix it. At some point the GOP has to decide. The GOP is not even an option anymore for lots of voters.

Christie will switch parties and run as a Dem with Castro.
    Operation Red Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    U.S. economy is actually on the rise right now, almost to pre-recession levels.

Also, Obama isn't the sole setter of economic policy.
    Hastings, that isn't the GOP tagline. 'Blame the President' is how they roll when Dems are in the WH, and when they have it the tagline is 'If you question the president, you are a traitor'. It is kind of sad, really.

2016 will be one white guy vs another white guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post
    This^. You have to break it to fix it. At some point the GOP has to decide. The GOP is not even an option anymore for lots of voters.

Not a chance. Christie deals with Dem idiocy in New Jersey daily. He's tired of people in his part doing dumb things, but he's hardly going to switch parties.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hastings, that isn't the GOP tagline. 'Blame the President' is how they roll when Dems are in the WH, and when they have it the tagline is 'If you question the president, you are a traitor'. It is kind of sad, really.
    I don't particularly like to demonize either party, but you're absolutely right about this. I see both parties making excuses for their president left and right when he's in power, but Republicans turned a blind eye to just about everything when Bush was running the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunah View Post

the gop needs to do the same with the fundamentlist right in their party. it really turns off the more moderate voters. and having to listen to the gop talk about social issues is starting to make me scared what will happen to all the progress with social reform that has been made in the past decade or two if they do get elected back into the white house.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Palin already cost them one election so don't get to upset when that never happens.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."