Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    No chance.

The Democrats could well put Hillary up there, but the GOP would never put Palin in front of a camera on official business ever again.

I see 2016 for the Republicans involving Marco Rubio, Luis Fortuño, Rand Paul, and Allen West. I strongly doubt any of them could defeat Clinton, though. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised to see the USA become more or less a de facto one party state in the not too distant future. The younger generation that will be old enough to vote by 2016 is so overwhelmingly supportive of the left, as are the new waves of immigrants who are also starting to vote along with those legalized by Obama's immigration reform, that elections will be little more than formalities in the future with the Democrats locking in a majority that will probably never again be challenged by 2024.
    Nah, sooner or later the Republicans are going to veer back to the middle, unless they want to suffer the fate of the Whigs. It's just a question of how many elections they're going to lose before they figure it out. Hypothetically, a Republican candidate in 2012 could run on civil rights, ending military interventionism (just like W did, lol), and prosecuting too-big-to jail executives; all while still remaining true to the purported Republican party ethos. And while I suspect the chance of any such Republican candidate is very, very low, I do think it would be a pretty popular platform.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Nah, sooner or later the Republicans are going to veer back to the middle, unless they want to suffer the fate of the Whigs. It's just a question of how many elections they're going to lose before they figure it out. Hypothetically, a Republican candidate in 2012 could run on civil rights, ending military interventionism (just like W did, lol), and prosecuting too-big-to jail executives; all while still remaining true to the purported Republican party ethos. And while I suspect the chance of any such Republican candidate is very, very low, I do think it would be a pretty popular platform.
    The GOP, or the party of 'small government' is currently the one trying to force social restrictions upon everyone that isn't a white Christian male, and if you look at their Administrations starting with Reagan and moving forward, they have been the fiscally irresponsible party as well.

The GOP has literally nothing to offer a majority of the country, unless you are a white Christian that feels that the government should regulate morality for everyone else, or are a multi-millionaire who wants to pay less taxes and at the expense of the country as a whole.

pretty much zero chance of that happening

Hillary has less than 5% chance of running, and Sarah has less than 0.1% chance of winning primary, let alone running.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 02:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    WTF is the "middle" now adays and how do you define civil rights? They ALL run on civil rights. Too-big-to jail executives isn't a partisan issue whatsoever. Military interventionism? Lmao, not a partisan issue whatsoever between Dems/Reps, Libertarians yes.

It's damn hard to beat an incumbent, so you shouldn't act like Republicans are declining. More people are leaving the Democratic party than any party. I swear to God every 8 years the 'other' party is declining and in turmoil. Things evolve.
    Last edited by Trakanonn; 2013-03-12 at 09:04 AM.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    Hillary has less than 5% chance of running
    Curious where you got this idea

Personally I think Hillary will have too many medical issues to run for president. And Palin would have no choice of winning so I doubt she will make it through the primaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    No chance.

The Democrats could well put Hillary up there, but the GOP would never put Palin in front of a camera on official business ever again.

I see 2016 for the Republicans involving Marco Rubio, Luis Fortuño, Rand Paul, and Allen West. I strongly doubt any of them could defeat Clinton, though. To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised to see the USA become more or less a de facto one party state in the not too distant future. The younger generation that will be old enough to vote by 2016 is so overwhelmingly supportive of the left, as are the new waves of immigrants who are also starting to vote along with those legalized by Obama's immigration reform, that elections will be little more than formalities in the future with the Democrats locking in a majority that will probably never again be challenged by 2024.
    Let us hope this does not come to reality. Regardless of your feelings about the Democratic party, you do not want to see them running the country unopposed. The most virtuous and benevolent political party turns corrupt and oppressive when it has nobody to keep it in check.

Let this be a warning to all of you: Even if you hate the Republican party with your very soul, you need them to exist. You may think that a country run exclusively by democrats would be great. But you'll never see it, because once it happens, it won't be the same Democrats anymore. It will be the Democrats you know now, warped and corrupted by the knowledge that they can do anything they want, and nobody can stop them. No man on Earth can stay honest in that position.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I really just want both parties dead and buried. Don't see the need for them when they're as shitty as they are now.

Michelle obama will be the candidate, the people who vote obama wont even know it isnt him.

If I have to guess, and it's certainly guessing...

Andrew Cuomo versus Jeb Bush.

Cuomo is ruthless, he has a massive political machine behind him... he will say anything, he's a natural liar... probably as good as Bill Clinton.

Jeb's advantage is he's smart, he has a large politcal family/machine behind him... and he speaks fluent spanish and is married to a latina.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Willy View Post
    No, I really just want both parties dead and buried. Don't see the need for them when they're as shitty as they are now.
    Well one benefit of the two-party system is that it makes everyone more moderate. A good example of what happens when you have too many parties is India, which is basically in a state of high-functioning anarchy.
    Here's a scientific study about it.
    http://kellogg.nd.edu/publications/w...rs/WPS/144.pdf

Or, if (like literally every normal human being) you find scientific papers boring, here it is in a cracked article!
    http://www.cracked.com/article_20134...y-believe.html
    It's #6 on the list.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 07:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post

Cuomo is ruthless, he has a massive political machine behind him... he will say anything, he's a natural liar... probably as good as Bill Clinton.

Jeb's advantage is he's smart, he has a large politcal family/machine behind him... and he speaks fluent spanish and is married to a latina.
    Another thing Jeb has going for him is that by 2016, most of the extreme negative emotions about the Bush name will have dissipated from the general public. When people go to the polls, they'll see "Cuomo" and, like almost every candidate, realize that they've never heard of this guy before today. Then they'll see "Bush" on the other side, and say "hey, I think I've heard of this guy before..."
    People like familiarity. That's one reason it's so damn hard to beat an incumbent. Now, if they went with Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, she'd have an even greater advantage there. Because not only do most people know the name Clinton, they also know who Hillary is.

10+ Year Old Account

So, evil Democrat versus Republican saint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Well one benefit of the two-party system is that it makes everyone more moderate. A good example of what happens when you have too many parties is India, which is basically in a state of high-functioning anarchy.
    Here's a scientific study about it.
    http://kellogg.nd.edu/publications/w...rs/WPS/144.pdf

Or, if (like literally every normal human being) you find scientific papers boring, here it is in a cracked article!
    http://www.cracked.com/article_20134...y-believe.html
    It's #6 on the list.
    Didn't mean to imply I want the party system to be done away with. I just want these two abominations out of this country.

So, evil Democrat versus Republican saint?
    If it's Hillar(it)y it's the same pretty much.

The only real knock on Cuomo is his evil is so apparent. It might not test well. Hillary had a big reinvention period to make her look like someone competent.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I just don't see Hillary running.

Eh, I just don't see Hillary running.
    I can see them trying to prop up Elizabeth Warren. They featured her at the DNC after all. But she's really such a vapid moron.

With Hillar(it)y out, I see Cuomo though. That's if he can stop snarling at people and yelling all the time and somehow learn to fake some tears..

15+ Year Old Account
    I can see them trying to prop up Elizabeth Warren. They featured her at the DNC after all. But she's really such a vapid moron.

With Hillar(it)y out, I see Cuomo though. That's if he can stop snarling at people and yelling all the time and somehow learn to fake some tears..
    Can't wait to hear what presidential candidate you want to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Such is the downside when you have a system that votes for the man, not his party and policies.
    Tell that to the African Americans in Atlanta......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    Tell that to the African Americans in Atlanta......
    Tell that to the rural whites in West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Tell that to the rural whites in West Virginia and Eastern Kentucky......
    Tell that to your penguin overlords in Antarctica......

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Tell that to your penguin overlords in Antarctica......
    Tell that to your Peruvian Torch Cacti harvesters in Southwestern New Mexico...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Tell that to your Peruvian Torch Cacti harvesters in Southwestern New Mexico...
    Tell that to your one true master in R'lyeh.