Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gentlemen, time to jump ship.

"In all honesty, I'm feeling like we need a complete revamp. I don't see what direction you guys want Mages to be in for MoP."

"We really like the mechanics of all 3 mages now. Most of the changed we've made are just damage adjustments."

Source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...07785877831680

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you hoping for a mage revamp?

Mage gameplay is exactly where they wanted it to be - Arcane using more than two spells, Fire having less issues with Hot Streak and Frost which hasn't really changed at all other than losing Deep Freeze as a DPS ability is now competitive in PvE. In short, they succeeded in their plan. The rest will just be tweeks, bumps and nudges back and forth left and right.
    Last edited by Shangalar; 2013-01-06 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted
    What's the problem with mages, according to you ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask View Post
    What's the problem with mages, according to you ?
    - Mobility sucks in a modern raiding environment where Blizzard is too lazy to come up with mechanics besides "shit on the ground, move out of it."
    - Fire's rotation is complete crap; explain to me what is compelling about maintaining a single DoT, spamming your nuke while waiting for RNG to align?
    - Frost is just a procwatching spec with no real flavor, the pet is entirely superflous given that it's just a damage padding tool, still lacking in damage to compete with the other two.
    - The Level 90 talents are awful; only one of the three specs actually cares about mana management, not to mention they are poorly designed and thus clunky to use.

Once again, the fact that nobody on the Mage development team actually plays a mage comes back to bite us in the ass.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Were you hoping for a mage revamp?

Mage gameplay is exactly where they wanted it to be - Arcane using more than two spells, Fire having less issues with Hot Streak and Frost which hasn't really changed at all other than losing Deep Freeze as a DPS ability is now competitive in PvE. In short, they succeeded in their plan. The rest will just be tweeks, bumps and nudges back and forth left and right.
    They wanted Mage gameplay to be completely boring and immobile? Very droll. I regret spending so much effort on my mage because it makes it that much harder to jump ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I honestly still don't have that many problems playing this class and have no intention on jumping ship.
    Obviously your opinion may differ from mine but I do get slightly confused at how prevalent these topics are when I am still enjoying myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I honestly still don't have that many problems playing this class and have no intention on jumping ship.
    Obviously your opinion may differ from mine but I do get slightly confused at how prevalent these topics are when I am still enjoying myself.
    "I have no problems, ergo that must be the case for everyone." There, confusion solved.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 12:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You don't need the dev team to play them. They have internal testers that play absolutely everything in the game for them. If anything, blame the testers that tell them things are ok as they are.
    It would be better if they had people that actually mained Mages because then they might not come up with such god-awful changes and 'fixes'. And yes, I am aware their testers are complete shit too.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to bump fires damage UP a little bit ( they clearly over nerfed it, atleast in comparison to arcane ), and arcane needs to A) have 6 camping fixed ( thank god for that in 5.2 ). The only other issues i see are a complete lack of mobility. Hunters have the ability to do their full rotation on the move. Warlocks level 90 talents allows them to do their full rotation on the move. Spriests at least have dots / instants to refresh while moving short distances. Arcane mages while we have a dot to use while moving, and i suppose scorch, we are severely gimped by needing to step out of our rune of power for extended periods of time, and even then scorching and mage bombing on the move feels awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    "I have no problems, ergo that must be the case for everyone." There, confusion solved.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 12:24 PM ----------

It would be better if they had people that actually mained Mages because then they might not come up with such god-awful changes and 'fixes'. And yes, I am aware their testers are complete shit too.
    Sounds like they should employ you.

It would be win/win.

Not only would Blizzard get the guy/gal who knows how everything should be, we wouldn't have to listen to him/her complaining constantly about it not being that way already.

Please do everyone a favour and write an application. Do it now, before you respond to me or anyone else. We'll all be in your debt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mswhiskerson View Post
    Sounds like they should employ you.

It would be win/win.

Not only would Blizzard get the guy/gal who knows how everything should be, we wouldn't have to listen to him/her complaining constantly about it not being that way already.

Please do everyone a favour and write an application. Do it now, before you respond to me or anyone else. We'll all be in your debt.
    Pardon me for being vehement in my attempts to get my beloved class in a good state.

Now, if you're done with the ad hominems, post something relevant or get out.

I didn't say that, I explicitly made sure that I didn't say that because I knew that's what the response would be :U

15+ Year Old Account
    I jumped ship mid cata, what do I win?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say that, I explicitly made sure that I didn't say that because I knew that's what the response would be :U
    Sorry, missed my :P as usual. -.-

I am glad that at least someone is enjoying the class.

Deleted
    Pardon me for being vehement in my attempts to get my beloved class in a good state.

Now, if you're done with the ad hominems, post something relevant or get out.
    How is what I suggest not relevant?

You want to fix your class and I offer you a route to take to get that done.

What I suggest is certainly more likely to achieve what you say you want than complaining on a fan forum will.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is what I suggest not relevant?

You want to fix your class and I offer you a route to take to get that done.

What I suggest is certainly more likely to achieve what you say you want than complaining on a fan forum will.
    How I choose to express my disgust is my business, not yours. I would not work for Blizzard or Activision out of principle.

There is obviously something wrong with you if you still enjoy playing a class that somebody claims has no mobility and can't figure out how to do a rotation. Shame on you for having fun!

Deleted
    I have no idea about mage PVE in current content , but in PVP as always mage is the favorite child of blizzard :\ , stupid burst and tons of roots.

Deleted
    How I choose to express my disgust is my business, not yours. I would not work for Blizzard or Activision out of principle.
    Well now you've changed your tune. No longer is it a noble quest to get your beloved mage class fixed. Now it's an avenue to express your disgust.

That's fine and dandy, you're in good company on these forums. One of the many who instead of trying something constructive prefer to hand out pitchforks and see how much hate they can generate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now you've changed your tune. No longer is it a noble quest to get your beloved mage class fixed. Now it's an avenue to express your disgust.

That's fine and dandy, you're in good company on these forums. One of the many who instead of trying something constructive prefer to hand out pitchforks and see how much hate they can generate.
    Didactic is one of the main people on these forums that offer ideas about how to improve the class...
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchback View Post
    I have no idea about mage PVE in current content , but in PVP as always mage is the favorite child of blizzard :\ , stupid burst and tons of roots.
    For one spec, perhaps. Fire's periods of ascendancy are incidental and the only time I can remember Arcane being usable was as an AB spam snipe-spec.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    There is obviously something wrong with you if you still enjoy playing a class that somebody claims has no mobility and can't figure out how to do a rotation. Shame on you for having fun!
    Excuse me? Please tell me of this oh-so-interesting Fire rotation that you seem to possess gnosis of.

"I have no problems, ergo that must be the case for everyone." There, confusion solved.[COLOR="red"]
    Turn it around. You are saying because you have a problem with playing a mage everyone else must. OP seems to think his view is universal, the one who replied just stated he did not have a problem. Who do you think has the more reasonable attitude? Hint - reasonable is never someone who thinks his view is universal.