Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    No one has been attributed as creating non-Titan races as of yet, but, the way it stands, Tauren and more specifically the Trolls, recorded the arrival of the Titans. I'm not sure about the Night Elves as Blizzard has purposely left their ancient past a complete mystery/clusterfuck, but there are statues in Ulduar which lend you to believe they too, had come about as a separate race from Trolls when the Titans or perhaps the Titans lent a hand in their evolution. The Curse of Flesh was something that effected Titan creations after the Titans had left.
    You know, I hate it when we the fans clearly think about it way more than Blizzard writers do. And they just spend months thinking whom Jaina is in love with this time. Screw their mess of cosmology, I'm still worshipping Old Gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You know, I hate it when we the fans clearly think about it way more than Blizzard writers do. And they just spend months thinking whom Jaina is in love with this time. Screw their mess of cosmology, I'm still worshipping Old Gods.
    Audiences thinking about things more than the writers do is pretty much standard across all media and genres.

Anduin and Greymane's daughter will marry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Was Alleria a Ranger General? She wears blue too, even blue facepaint. And lipstick!
    Well, she was captain. And sadly, we don't know what color her outfit was, since there's no color official illustrations of her. In war II, her in-game unit was red to make her stand out from the other ranger units, so that's the only hint we have (wowpedia shows her as blue because it uses default player 1 color).

My headcanon is that she either uses warm colors (yellow/red) hence the red unit in War II, or green as most rangers do (green is the predominant color for elven rangers/hunters in quel'thalas) Most fanworks put her on green, but there are some that show her more in reds or browns as well.

When will blizz release artwork of her??

10+ Year Old Account
    Here are few that were bouncing around in my head, some serious and some funny:

-Silvermoon has a barber shop, however there aren't enough barbers and hairstylist to keep up with demand so the doors remain closed for the most part.

-A hearth stone can be used to stay warm on cold night even when it's on cool down.

-The Reliquary found Felo'melorn in Outland, but it's location and condition are a closely kept secret, only the regent-lord outside of the Reliquary's leadership are aware of it's existence.

-Minerals have a natural magical property, which is why when we smith them into armor or weapons they have stat boosts and attributes.

-Cobo Cola tastes like Coca Cola.

-When a Paladin dies (lore-wise) they are sent to a paradise afterlife similar to the Elysium fields in Greek mythology where they rest in eternal bliss. When a warlock dies (lore-wise) they either just come back to life or become a new demon-quasi-spirit that makes deals with mortals making them into new warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiZe View Post
    -The Reliquary found Felo'melorn in Outland, but it's location and condition are a closely kept secret, only the regent-lord outside of the Reliquary's leadership are aware of it's existence.
    I've got my own little headcannon about Felomelorn, and thats that the Twin Blade of the Pheonix King IS Felomelorn. I just think it makes sense, matches the description plus Kael was the last person to wield it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    We will at some point in time arrive on Argus, and while we're there there will be a second cataclysm that makes Azeroth look like Classic, rebooting the entire story, making The Eternal Burning Crusade the expansion that comes after. Certain NPCs may or may not have vague memories of things happenings twice.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I think some if not most of the loot from bosses are trophies are players create from said boss such as armor from the body parts or weapons from the horns etc

This explains why a dragon carries armor around. Or it is treasure we found in their lair.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Here here. I suppose maybe we shouldn't be, but the lot of us tend to like consistency and continuity without retcons in the story xD

I'll also add more to the Night Elf stuff I wrote. I think the lack of walls is more of a sign of trust amongst the population, open homes means no secrets kept and no need to worry about thieves and vandals. More respectful society. Also I'd say revealing ones body is more matter of fact than anything else. A night elf needs to wash his or her clothing, she will remove it and do it, nothing sexual about it.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-01-08 at 09:20 AM.

illidan did not die.
    in game he is classified as a demon. it is a known fact in lore that demons do not die, but shed their physical body and return to the twisting nether. illidan is out in the nether, somewhere.
    or.
    he used the reliquary of souls to 'soulstone' himself. suffering, desire and anger are illidan's three main emotions shown throughout his storyline. his desire for tyrande, his desire for power. his suffering of his brother disowning him, his 10k year jail. his anger fueled his rise to power in felwood, and he consumed the skull of guldan. illidan transferred part of his soul to the reliquary, so in case of his death, he could re-emerge. now you could say we 'killed' the reliquary, but what of the giant glowing floor beneath? whats that under there? does physical destruction of the reliquary even destroy its contents?

gul'dan will return. he is simply too powerful to remain dead. gul'dan proved himself that death meant nothing when he created the first death knights.

bolvar fordragon is now an agent of yogg saron, and the lich king. arthas' armor was crafted from saronite, his fortress made of saronite. only the helm of domination and frostmourne were the original lich king kil'jaeden crafted relics. yogg saron quotes 'he will learn, no king rules forever, only death is eternal'. in the end cinematic after defeating arthas, 'king terenas' tells arthas 'no king rules forever, my son'. king terenas was yogg saron. king terenas soul was never allowed to emerge because yogg saron used it to manipulate arthas.
    in the matthias lehner quest chain, why was arthas' frozen heart being guarded by faceless ones? how is mathhias lehner able to travel so freely in icecrown, if he is supposedly a 'fragment of arthas' humanity? matthias lehner was yogg saron. he was showing us the ways to destroy arthas, and implement his own pawn, bolvar. yogg saron showed just how powerful he is during his brain encounter when in the lore events, his voice is an undertone and can be heard faintly to nefarian creating the dragon soul, garona murdering king llane, and saurfang and bolvar's corruption. yogg saron took advantage of a weakened bolvar, and invaded his mind, taking his body completely over. bolvar died at the hands of the lich king at that moment, he became a shell for yogg saron.

cho'gall fused with cthun. when we faced cho'gall in bastion of twilight, what were we truly fighting? cho'gall? or just cthun using the ogres' body? remember, old gods cannot die, with the exception of y'shaarj, and that is my next point.

the sha are essences of y'shaarj, but the 7th sha is unaccounted for. despair, anger, fear, violence, hatred, doubt. doubt, despair and fear share a common emotion, dread. anger, hatred and violence all share another common emotion, rage. are the 6 sha actually 6 of yshaarj's 7 heads? or are the sha as we know it, just lesser incarnations of 2 of yshaarj's heads? yshaarj was the first old god encountered by the titans, because after they 'killed' him they saw what horror yshaarj's death created. the titans built the mogu and the mogu forge inside the vale in an attempt to keep the sha's corruption at bay. they saw that a race of constructed, obedient beings would be immune to corruption and would be perfect. they were clearly wrong. pandaria was the first place where the titans encountered the old gods. shaohao's creation of the mists shielded pandaria from the sundering, preserving it as the rest of azeroth was remade. it can be safe to say that pandaria is the oldest intact place in all of azeroth. yshaarj's final head/sha will be seen, and soon.

garrosh is corrupted. i hate saying this and using corruption as the reason for everyone being evil, but it makes sense. garrosh was a depressed, loaf who was clearly useless in outland at garadar. then garrosh is inspired and brought into the horde by thrall. he sees how the horde can empower his people once again. he learned of his father's death and thrall's friendship with grom blinded him to garrosh's changes. garrosh clearly had different views of the horde, as is seen dramatically when thrall and garrosh actually fought eachother in the orgrimmar arena during the wrath launch event. after garrosh became warchief, and thrall left, there was nobody around to keep him in check. garrosh began experimenting with demon magic again, as is seen in game now. he threatens to break the allegiances of the horde and resents the trolls, goblins, elves and tauren. he feels the horde should only be the orcs, and the lesser races serve as thralls (not the thrall we all know, the shaman son of durotan, thrall is another word for slave). im seeing that the siege of orgrimmar and garrosh's dethroning will be either an old god or burning legion corruption story.

despite my bolvar speculation being true or not, we are not done with the scourge.

10+ Year Old Account
    - That there is one Belf in Silvermoon with the Fantasia hat directing all the magical brooms
    - That all troll priest are simply miss-named witch doctors from WC III
    - That most trolls enjoy reggae music and drink red stripe.
    - That if Monks could use stealth that rogues would no longer be needed
    - That Pandarens come from when a German met an Asian and had furry sex
    - That every cult member I kill is an NPC modeled after a forum QQer
    - That Epicus Maximus will come back one day
    - That Blizzard puts stuff like the Whispering Forest in Tirisfal Glades just to mess with us.
    - That Illidan will come back at a pre-expansion patch and act like Doc Brown at the end of Back to Future.
    - That Alleria will side with the blood elves when/if she comes back
    - That Jaina is slowly becoming evil
    - That One day I will get a Bat mount that looks like the Batwing (come on they had a batman rogue tier)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    That my blood elf death knight is really an undead (Forsaken) high elf death knight.
    Isn't this less "headcanon" and more "perfectly viable if you want to play it like Koltira"? It's no different than human roleplayers from other kingdoms than Stormwind.

Also, I believe that Thori'dal, the Stars' Fury is actually Sunstrider's Longbow from the RPG. Dath'Remar passed it down to the ranger-generals of Silvermoon throughout history, though Sylvanas (whom the RPG stated was its wielder) lost it when she died. It was rediscovered and passed on to Halduron after TBC, a subtle gesture to keep the less batshit insane members of the Sunstrider dynasty's wills alive.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-01-08 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what are your headcanons? The highest the level pf plausibility, the better!
    That Draenei do not die of old age, and are thus sort of immortal.
    That Priests have an affinity for and are capable of telepathy (if properly trained), due to the existence of Mind Control, mind vision, hallucination inducing spells (fear).

They [The Nightelfs] do it actually.
    Well, not really that often.
    Remember: Their male population is largely comprised of Druids, which agreed to enter the emerald dream for thousands of years, while the women guard the sleeping.

While surely not all males are sleeping, many women only see their husbands every couple of thousand years. Poor Tyrande..

Deleted
    Nothing will ever shake the fortress and mountain that Ironforge is. Never ever.

Why ? Because the inside is a big diamond.

So my second one is: Dwarves are the most rich dudes on Azeroth and they make the best smithing and jewerly work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    - That Epicus Maximus will come back one day
    You might want to check out the Brawler's guild. He is there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeshort View Post
    You might want to check out the Brawler's guild. He is there
    ...I did not know that. Now I am saddened by the fact you kill him and if you do kill him, you can't get his mount.
    I want that mount so badly.

- That there is a Pandaren Rock Duo named the Persistent P with Panda versions of Kyle Gass and Jack Black.
    they have a legendary guitar pick and have a demon despite neither of them being warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to my previous post, I believe naga mate in the same way as birds do, or in a very similar way.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

When healed by a Shaman, the feeling is like that of being splashed with warm water, but without the residual dampness
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Isn't this less "headcanon" and more "perfectly viable if you want to play it like Koltira"? It's no different than human roleplayers from other kingdoms than Stormwind.
    Yeah, you have a point there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kaldorei are addicted to magic just as the Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei. Nobody has noticed because the Kaldorei put Moonwells in all of their towns so they don't have withdrawls
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.