Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I laugh at all the Scorch Arcane Mages. They think they're better, just to get out-dps'd by most Barrage Arcane Mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Alot of people say BrM monks are hard and have a high skill cap, I don't believe it though.

Deleted
    Feral druids with DoC
    Holy shit they are hard to micro manage all bleed levels and such, specially weaving in trashes on clearcasting procs and such.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between following through with the rotation and actually doing it correctly. I would say that perfecting the feral druid rotation is one of the most complicated rotations to go through to maximize dps.

Deleted
    id say feral (being as im feral ;p) locks, hunters and maybe rogues.. but feral with its positional shit etc and being a melee is hard but fun work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emoelitistthreadderailer View Post
    id say feral (being as im feral ;p) locks, hunters and maybe rogues.. but feral with its positional shit etc and being a melee is hard but fun work.
    Hunters hard? LOL the hardest part for them is to control their pets it seems. And it's not rare to have to tell the hunter to turn off their Aspect of Dazing before every boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Is this a joke? It literally is just arcane blast spam and using scorch whenever you go below 90% mana to 6 stack camp. The only things you need to manage are your 1 dot, your arcane missiles, your rune of power, and using arcane power and alter time properly and popping mirror images every 3 minutes. I could do the rotation just as good as I do mine and I don't even play a mage.

You have a mage in your signature that appears to be your main. I feel that you are just saying mages because you are a mage.

Personally, I cannot say which has the most complex rotation because really I only have a level 90 dk and a level 90 hunter and have only looked into a few other rotations and forums to help some people. I can say one thing: DKs have it easy compared to hunters.
    he was saying arcane mage to be SARCASTIC, just like anyone else that said arcane mage....I cant believe u didnt understand that...

also feral druids havent had a difficult rotation since wrath...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Hunters hard? LOL the hardest part for them is to control their pets it seems. And it's not rare to have to tell the hunter to turn off their Aspect of Dazing before every boss.
    ive never played a hunter, but ive seen there action bars/abilities list (its over 9000 abilities woot) and heard folks moan like fukk about em lol, thats why i put em in there.
    feral and locks tho defo..

Deleted
    The mage joke died on the first page. Cmon guys, no need to flog a dead horse.

i have played at one time or another every single class, and with in those i have tried most specs, some were left behind in BC, Rogue and Warrior specifically, others i play to this day, 5 of those classes are 90 4 are geared 470 or higher, i have been playing since Vanilla, and have seen all the transformations of rotations to priority lists i played as an enhancement shaman way before it became vogue, Ret before it got steroids, MM when Surv was fashionable etc, I layout my history only to detail the fact that i have experience with a lot of classes and specs. The class that i have found has the most complexity is the Feral Druid, you can find a lot of cats but what you cannot find is a lot of exceptional cats, Especially with the influence derived from the new talents, executing the new talents in concert shifts your priority of action changes in some instances fundamentally what you are doing, Healing to increase DPS for instance a complete shift in priority while trying to maintain your bleeds and maximize your throughput things that were in the past always seen as a loss in DPS are now a gain. I would have to say that with the new affliction mechanics the DPS of an affliction lock which used to seem more complicated has become more frantic not more complex, and Hunters have a lot more buttons to push however they are all on CD and not something that needs to be done on a quasi rotational basis, Going BM seems to simplify that a little as most of your CD's are about your pet and your Personal actions are limited therefore limiting conflict between your actions and those of your pet, I think it is a toss up between those two as to which is more frantic. My vote is for the Feral Druid, I key bind all the useful spells in my arsenal and have since found that my hands are not big enough nor my fingers long enough to reach all the things necessary to max DPS on that toon, i do not have the same issue with any other toon.

Deleted
    rotation wise i probally vote any of the 3 hunter specs, complexity i dunno. most dps specs got some complexity too them if you wanna preform well

Tbh, how do you define hard?

from my experience, classes with the supposedly hardest rotations loose the fewest dps when you simplify some things.
    In those priority lists, they do stuff that i don't think dev's really intended, but they leave it as it is since pulling those things of for the few% should be rewarded.

There are also fairly simple specs where your dps is hurt a lot more from mistakes.

Anway, at skill cap i expect ferals and hunters.

edit, didnt read title properly. But my point is that very complex rotations can be intended or not and often because with sims etc, players add stuff for a few% which really makes it complicated (or it's very complicated for just having the right opener while once you have it flowing, it's not that hard to maintain)
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2013-01-07 at 06:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    he was saying arcane mage to be SARCASTIC, just like anyone else that said arcane mage....I cant believe u didnt understand that...

also feral druids havent had a difficult rotation since wrath...
    The funny thing is, since MoP Arcane is way harder than Fire is and ever was. Fire has by far the easiest rotation out of all classes.
    The only way to be low DPS as Fire is if you press Combustion at the wrong time, but that's just a L2P issue, not spec-specific.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    If you can play one, you can play all. They are all equally easy. More buttons does not equal harder.
    More buttons=more shit to keep track of. More multitasking. Add that into a raid environment and it makes it even more complicated. You're biased and wrong.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 06:10 PM ----------

Arcane mage

PvE Demo warlocks, of course all rotations aren't hard to learn, to be able master all of them you have to practice. And complicated doesn't mean who is pulling more dps. Its the effort to attain whatever it is you are doing.

For pvp I'd say Hunters

Feral druid as usual.

At first it looked like blizzard is going to casualize feral rotation in mop by removing mangle debuff. But it turned out that now ferals have to use thrash in their rotation - one more debuff to care about and dream of cenarius - one more buff to care about. As everything in feral rotation is tied together the complexity of the rotation drastically increased and currently is on par with wotlk feral rotation. The only difference is that the cost of mistake is not as high as it was in wotlk.

In means of complexity - the amount of "calculations" you do to make the next move, feral is definitely the hardest class to master. And even after years of practice every fight all ferals experience that "and what the hell to press now" feeling when they have "inconvenient" buff/debuff timer situations.

Feral duids seems to vie for the top spot atm. But I'll challenge it with enhance, and here's why: with an Echo/UF bulid, maelstrom wep procs and the LBolt buff from Unleash makes every decision to hold or use an MW5 when SS or LL is comin off cd. The theory is to send it on proc and build another one, but to max dps there is an instant decision to be made when UE is about to come off cd (esp with 4pc crit buff to it, combined with potential echo). That along with the newfound cd management that has virtually non of them line up (FE 5min, Ascend 3min, and wolves 2 min w/Blood Fury for orcs, BL/Hero 10min). There still is a gap in the rotation as well so unless you're on a boss with fire nova weaving, you're looking for places to use applicable totems like HST and SBT. Also since we have legitimate healing cd's like AG or HR/conductivity there are other choiced beyond a normal dps rotation we have to consider depending on raid comp and/or 2 healing. The healing can sometimes be timed however we may have to hold a MW5 proc to make sure it's avail when needed. Tbh, it's why I like enhance so i have no issue with it, but it does make it more complicated.

I'd vote Feral myself. Mainly because I don't like the combo point classes at all. Feral just doesn't have any flow to it. It has proven by far to be the one class\spec that I cant even perform at a poor level. I just don't enjoy anything about it.

Fury\Arms Warriors, Frost DKs, Ele Shaman, Ret pally all see to be fairly straight forward in terms of here's what you're suppose to do and it's fun trying to do it to the max. I have't raided on my Hunter since mid cata (aka Firelands), I'm not sure what has changed that makes them fall into the complex group. Having 9000 abilities doesn't mean a complex rotation to me, mainly because you normally don't use all 9000 on a boss fight.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-01-07 at 06:59 PM.

Those, who joking about arcane mages are definitely wrong. DPS Holy priests are the easiest. 1 dot, 2 mini-cd, 2 button spam. And I love it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Imo feral druid and destro lock. I dunno why but destro has always beem a pain for me.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”