Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    I seem to remember (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the vanilla wow options menu was fullscreen and looked like it was on a piece of parchment... anyone able to confirm that memory?

Deleted
    I remember how the first time I came to the Bulwark and walked into WPL, a ?? spider came running towards me. I think I died at least 5 times, before I tried to kite it to the guards at the Bulwark, sadly without success :P
    A thing I also miss is the old website, with all the information about races, professions, and just simple basic information. I really liked the design of it.
    As mentioned before, having to train all ranks of every spell, and having to run back to trainers when you wanted to respec.

As much as I'd want to have it back, I know that playing that game today wouldn't be the same. The fact that WoW was my first MMO played a big role in how everything felt new, exciting and interesting. If I could rewind time as well as my memory, and start the game without my current knowledge, I certainly would do that.

Deleted
    When they implemented Feign Death to Hunters, so much trolling back then they actually showed up as dead targets even when targeting them so it was quite hilarious to just stand up and shoot someone then die and everyone around was like 'did he ress and die again?'

- When a Hunter got aimed shot at lvl 40 not even 60s dared to approach them due to it's random dmg making it able to oneshot lvl 60s

- Or as a Hunter kiting the AV guards to Southshore just to see the guards wwing every noob and npc to death

Deleted
    I remember them removing the awesome shadowcraft set bonuses and replacing them with the generic ones that were shared on tier 0.5

I remember there not being a cooldown on throwing weapon so you could effectively spam it and do relatively good DPS

Farming all sorts of crap like heart of noxxion and some of the gear off the world dragons for nature res gear to kill the princess in AQ40

Night upon night farming Tyrs hand for epics to sell just so I'd have enough gold to buy pots for raids.

Hand of Justice (the trinket), if I remember correctly gave a chance at an extra melee swing. For a while at least this wasn't only white damage but special attacks and so, as a rogue you could 1 shot someone with a sinister strike that procced a sword spec extra swing which procced a HoJ extra swing. In fact, it scaled so well some rogues still used it well into Naxx

The feeling when Kel'Thuzad finally dropped and you realised what an insanely awesome 40man raid AQ actually was, no wonder they brought it back in wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by katji View Post
    ...when Strath and Scholo were 10-mans!
    When they were 15 mans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    When they were 15 mans.
    And it was hard to get a group to complete BRD or UBRS.

I remember hunters had to feign death to get out of combat then drink/eat mid combat.
    Also later on when you got some decent gear on your hunter you would pull aggro. You could pretty much only auto shoot in a lot of situations, and then sometimes still pull aggro :P

In AV you could easily one-shot clothies such as mages and priests with aimed shot. Also the top bracket was 51-60 if I recall correctly.

In UBRS hunters had to kite the last boss into the room where to beast was then feign death before he could catch up, this was so the rest of the raid could kill off the adds and only focus on the boss when he returned. (really a shame that this is no longer a mechanic that is used in the game)

Also I remember several times where we had to use hunters as tanks for the sulfurons guards in MC.

Hunters also had probably (at least that I can think of) the most specific use skill in the game, the Tranquillizing shot which dropped from Lucifron (first boss in MC) and was used at Magmadar to calm him down. The spell couldnt be used for else than at that boss with a few exceptions such as calming beast master pets down.

Edit: I also remember when getting home from school I logged on to get a group for UBRS trying to complete two or three runs before the raiding began at the evening. Often I fell asleep during that Rend talking part

Also you could kinda of glitch-jump up almost any mountain and wall in the game, spent a lot of days in game time with a old guild mate just trying to get on top of mountains or hit the ceiling inside Kharazan and such :P
    Last edited by Nihth; 2013-01-12 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasconcellos View Post
    I played my Paladin back in the day.

Does anyone else remember that, sometimes, SoC bugged and you were unable to recast it until you relogged? And we had to cast a seal everytime we judged it...pretty much the only thing a Ret Paladin did in combat to deal damage (assuming they didn't dispell your seal).

Rank 1 Blessing of Might costed less mana than Purge, so you could lead a trigger-happy purging shaman oom, and then auto-attacking him to death.

Reckoning was Prot.
    Every ret pala went down the prot tree to get Reckoning dude, atleast for PvP. Dunno about PvE
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Most of this shit we just put up with because the game was mysterious and new. It's "fun" looking back on them, but I would never want to be there again.
    Maybe I missed it already in the thread...

.... you would be dismounted if your mount so much as touched any water area.
    This is not true. You always had to go to deep enough for swimming.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Every ret pala went down the prot tree to get Reckoning dude, atleast for PvP. Dunno about PvE
    Reckoning had little application in PvE so no. The cookie-cutter PvE spec went to prot to get 3% hit talent from second tier and not any further.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by F4ulty View Post
    I seem to remember (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the vanilla wow options menu was fullscreen and looked like it was on a piece of parchment... anyone able to confirm that memory?
    This is true.

Watching people sit outside bgs because that was the only way to queue.

Having alliance come over from their wsg entrance to our horde side one to have epic unstoppable force 1v1's.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    Yeah, I forgot about how STV was... That was a BG unto itself! Definitely one of the bigger PVP zones. In fact, I don't remember how long into the game it was, but didn't the game launch without any BGs? Like there was no WSG or anything at first, right?
    Yeah. STV was just a gank fest. Especially Nessingwary's place. You would see people varying from level 30-60 there and everything in between. Some level 42 would be camping me when a level 50 would show up to help. And if you saw an epic mount coming around then you knew shit was about to hit the fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Reckoning had little application in PvE so no. The cookie-cutter PvE spec went to prot to get 3% hit talent from second tier and not any further.[COLOR="red"]
    Yeah thought so, as you had to be hit to make Reckoning proc, thats why it was used alot in PvP. Getting hit - have that trinket that had a chance to give you an extra attack - SoCom = Deadly combo if you had the god of RNG with you, but paladin was only my alt. So I can be wrong

And yeah, weather effects in Ungoro! And also wall climbing, spent so many hours in Ironforge trying to climb up to the roof, while inspecting all those epic geared people that was godlike to me at that time. Then go out and duel someone better geared just to beat them because of cheap rogue tactics ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

GURUBASHI AND THAT DAMN CHEST! I tried to stealth to it every time, one time I was THIS close before I got totally pwned by 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Watching people sit outside bgs because that was the only way to queue.

Having alliance come over from their wsg entrance to our horde side one to have epic unstoppable force 1v1's.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 12:53 AM ----------

Yeah. STV was just a gank fest. Especially Nessingwary's place. You would see people varying from level 30-60 there and everything in between. Some level 42 would be camping me when a level 50 would show up to help. And if you saw an epic mount coming around then you knew shit was about to hit the fan.
    Ahhh, yes. The never ending Nesingwary gank fests.... Here you are at level 30ish just trying to get through your "mastery" quests and work your way down the peninsula, and instead you are prevented from turning in your current 3 or 4 quests, and picking up the next stage because there's a battle going on at Nesingwary's camp! Also, STV pages. Remember those? Spamming "WTT pages 5 and 21 for pages 3 and 45! (or whatever, I don't remember specific page numbers.)" You could buy em on the AH, that was kinda fun.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    This is not true. You always had to go to deep enough for swimming.
    No, pretty sure I remember Swamp of Sorrows being a MASSIVE pain to ride through, because of all the shallow water. People got really good at jumping over it.

Doom Lord kiting to Stormwind, GM not resetting for hours, drama ensued on forums. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by kennyisnotdead View Post
    December 2004, WoW servers went down for 4 days straight and they reimbursed our accounts for the downtime. Couldnt imagine what people would do if that happened today.
    My account does have quite a few 1 day free's in it's subscription history, but I do not think they do this anymore.. it's more like a "deal with it" thing now.