Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The occupation of Orgrimmar(Fan idea)

The recent purge of Dalaran allowed us to see players really going at it supporting their factions fortunately enough it gives us a good understanding of what players really think is wrong and right with their factions, well made criticism than just venting that the horde/alliance is winning everything.
    As a Horde player I like the idea of the Horde being the underdog (like it was intended) I like to see it rise from turmoil however during Cata and MoP the Horde seems to be a juggernaut (Not a bad thing necessarily) but compared to the Alliance (Most of the time played as the weak faction due to the number of zones and quests the story revolves around them losing) it creates the obvious faction discussion we see every time, fortunately with the knowledge of a siege of Orgrimmar I had the chance to imagine a fun scenario you might consider worth the read.

First and foremost Horde players still have Orgrimmar as a capital.
    After Garrosh is dealt with the Alliance again sees the threat of bad orc leadership continues to unleash in the world, Alliance leaders (Your choice of whom might be my take would be:Tyrande,The council of the three hammers and Greymane) decide to occupy Orgrimmar (Not creating the second war camps) installing a "War council" of Horde representatives with an Alliance representative in charge of Horde leadership.
    Changes to Orgrimmar would be the prescence of heavy alliance military (Like Kor'Kron in the Undercity) to act as guards and we get to see in progressive aggression towards orcs and other horde members, to kinda hint at a future liberation of the city.
    Horde leaders are of course in uproar at the decision however after spending their resources in the siege, the war and overall low population of Horde races they have their hands tied some however see it as an opportunity to further their goals.

New Orgrimmar

• Alliance guards to replace most Orgrimmar guards, these guards are not entirely friendly to players however they have that red/orange name meaning they are not friendly.
    • Parts of Orgrimmar are destroyed after the battle and we see horde members rebuilding their city, maybe creating different districts where different horde races live.
    • Quests after the siege feature players helping guerrilla liberation forces and helping common people improve their quality of living after the occupation (Eliminating evil guards/Commanders etc)
    • Big Night Elf and Gilnean prescence in Orgrimmar and other contested zones in a sort of retaliation
    • Draenie are in a position of turning the other cheek towards the orcs accusing brutality and bad treatment as the cause of a future insurrection

The obvious direction this is going is to choose a new "Thrall" is you want to call it that way that liberates the horde once again , the liberation of Orgrimmar can be the center piece of the next expansion where the big war is supposed to occur.

Edit: Changed Hostile to not friendly
    Last edited by BigRagu; 2013-01-04 at 07:57 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Decent idea, but I think it can only work if it lasts for a short amount of time.

And by short I mean like pre-xpac event short.
    I would expect severe QQ and complaints if the Horde was under enemy occupation for a protracted period of time
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the idea of an Alliance task force situated in Orgrimmar for a time, with them not overtly attacking players but still being hostile. You could get a raid together and try to wipe 'em out, or just be forced to give them a wide berth. Would make for an interesting event hub, like way back at the end of BC when factions were setting up command centers in Shattrath to deal with the new undead plague.

Alliance Peacekeepers would be an interesting thing, having them be openly hostile would just be pointless. There could be some sort of gradual phase over time where the Alliance presence phases out as new leadership is selected and Orgrimmar would be sanctuary during that time. This would have to be only for the duration of a pre-expansion world event as Drek said.

Maybe something like a wolrld event like the zombie infestation before the LK but there's no way it holds longer than that

10+ Year Old Account
    If a horde player was to suggest having orc and troll 'peacekeepers' in stormwind to balance the issue of maintaining peace, would you alliance boys agree to that?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If a horde player was to suggest having orc and troll 'peacekeepers' in stormwind to balance the issue of maintaining peace, would you alliance boys agree to that?
    Nonsense. When all is said and done in SoO the Alliance will have the upper hand and they are the ones who have the power to set the terms. Thankfully, though, Stormwind is not a city of savages and cannibals, so an outside peacekeeping force will never be necessary regardless of their status at the end of SoO.

Deleted
    This would be a fantastic idea if it were to only be in place for the duration of the Siege of Orgrimmar Patch, as soon as the patch after that came there should be some sort of mini event where the horde leaders take back control, mainly Baine and Vol'jin.

If your faction were invading stormwind because Varian Wrynn's explosive aggression required that he be removed from power by the Horde and rebelling Alliance races, sure. But that isn't the case, there is no "balancing act".
    That's something the Horde has to do too and I doubt that this Alliance attack could ever work without Horde-assistance.
    Not really. Not at all actually. But it will end up being written that way so horde players don't feel "weak"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    If your faction were invading stormwind because Varian Wrynn's explosive aggression required that he be removed from power by the Horde and rebelling Alliance races, sure. But that isn't the case, there is no "balancing act".
    Not really. Not at all actually. But it will end up being written that way so horde players don't feel "weak"
    Right, all you want is for the alliance to have there hands squeezing the horde by the short and curlys. The usual sanctimonious alliance attitude.
    #boycottchina

Blizz will never allow such a blatant form of favoritism towards a faction. The backlash would be epic.

Right, all you want is for the alliance to have there hands squeezing the horde by the short and curlys. The usual sanctimonious alliance attitude.
    Put words in my mouth? I said the occupation would be temporary, as a means of a transition wrapped up tidy in a pre-expansion event. I want the Horde to stay the fuck out of Alliance land, respect Alliance sovereignty and stop their aggression towards the Alliance because their own ineptitude has lead them to be at a disadvantage. You seem to think of tit for tat. It's a Pendulum, you had your glory in Cataclysm, rampaging into Alliance territory, stealing land and resources, and murdering their population. You claim not to like it, and claim you hate Garrosh but you and him see eye to eye on everything so why you deny it is beyond me. The Horde is supposed to be losing this war.

I think this would be nice as a pre-expansion event, with the Orcs decisively retaking Orgrimmar as the launch of 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Orgrimmar isn't a city of savages and cannibals either.
    And why would the Alliance have the upper hand, simply because they sieged the city and killed Garrosh?
    That's something the Horde has to do too and I doubt that this Alliance attack could ever work without Horde-assistance.
    Lorewise it would be a united Alliance teaming up with a -fractured- and probably a minority of Horde rebels vs the Horde proper (Garrosh and his younger orc fans) and his experiments. The Alliance will be in much better shape than the rebels when SoO is done. It's just a good thing that this is not WotlK Varian or else they would have been proceeding to raze everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    man, we just rebuilt orgrimmar!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I think this would be nice as a pre-expansion event, with the Orcs decisively retaking Orgrimmar as the launch of 6.0
    Wouldn't be retaken in a military campaign with the way events are supposed to unfold. It would be returned, provided someone with a brain is left in charge, like Thrall, as proof that the Alliance doesn't want to run the Horde, they want the Horde to leave them the fuck alone. Something the Horde has never done, since the start of WoW.

Alliance can set up their guards in Org but only if we do the same thing in Stormwind as we did in Theramore.
    If anything after the siege we as a vulnerable side should get Varian as hostage to a sure no alliance attempts an attack on our weak city again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    Alliance can set up their guards in Org but only if we do the same thing in Stormwind as we did in Theramore.
    If anything after the siege we as a vulnerable side should get Varian as hostage to a sure no alliance attempts an attack on our weak city again.
    Dream on

Wouldn't be retaken in a military campaign with the way events are supposed to unfold. It would be returned, provided someone with a brain is left in charge, like Thrall, as proof that the Alliance doesn't want to run the Horde, they want the Horde to leave them the fuck alone. Something the Horde has never done, since the start of WoW.
    And if Wrathion's vision proves correct there are much bigger things to worry about that the presumed new new new Horde leaders (Thrall/Baine/Vol'jin etc) wouldn't dare pull a Garrosh by the time the next xpac comes around.

I know that in proper terms Alliance should take hostages from Horde after defeating it, but that would only be fair if Horde would retain a considerable force after the battle.