Poll: New Warchief!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    Deleted

Metzen confirms that Blizzard have decided the next Warchief

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen/stat...79525424439296

So who will it be? If theyre planning this far ahead then maybe we've had some hints by now.

wasnt it always known that blizzard had already decided? i mean not everything is written down but they typically have a rough outline of the entire expansions story since they start working on the next one as soon as it comes out
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Of course they know who the next Warchief is going to be. I'd be surprised if they didn't know that long before MoP was even announced.

I hope it's Nomi, I don't know anyone that doesn't fear the line "I'm growing a beard"
    *shivers*

...Of course they've decided. You don't write a story without knowing how it ends.

Of course with an MMO that can feasibly go on for several decades, the overall ending may not be known; but each individual expansion's story? Yeah, they know how it's going down.

Saurfang for warchief 2013.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any mmorpg can really end - only the chapter. We've made peace across Azeroth with our characters, but something always comes up. WoW can go on and on. Hopefully the next Warchief is a certain troll, then I'll roll a Horde character. The Horde needs some softness.

Based on the fact that he's getting/gotten a novel, a model revamp, and scenario and storyline focus, Vol'Jin is a likely candidate, especially since he's one of the original members of the horde and believes in the same ideals as Thrall.

The return of Thrall himself is also a possibility. Those would be my two guesses, but I'm leaning towards Vol'Jin.

I know people will say voljin, but I think he's too obvious and he just doesn't strike me as a leadertype. Baine on the other hand...He's young unlike voljin who could have a heartattack the next day -_-

BasicCampfire still has a good shot, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    BasicCampfire still has a good shot, right?

he lost to Garosh, not sure what his chances really are now

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvannas.

Lor'themar

Because them we can finally have some sophistication on the horde side. D

Deleted
    well its going to be some major lore character, i doubt blizzard will introduce a new character just for warchief. would not be surprised if it was Thrall again, but vol'jin also had a good shot. though does warchief have to be an orc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    ...Of course they've decided. You don't write a story without knowing how it ends.

Of course with an MMO that can feasibly go on for several decades, the overall ending may not be known; but each individual expansion's story? Yeah, they know how it's going down.
    I'd contest this somewhat. Blizzard's writers have proved themselves more than willing to alter their story due to audience reactions.

Take the self-admitted "social experiment" named Garrosh Hellscream. I doubt he'd be on the chopping block if his hatedom (aka, most players) and his fanbase were reversed.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gone with 'Other' option, think Saurfang will be there.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Hard to tell.

Vol'jin gets a Novel focused around him, which might indicate something.

However, he is a Troll, this Game is usually focused around Orcs & Humans, a Troll sitting in the heart of Horde may not be right, also the orcs itself would still need a Leader.

Thrall is probably the obvious choice, however he has stepped back from Warchief "recently" (It's not an insane gap of time between Cata and MoP) and maybe wants to focus on his family.

But i still think it will be Thrall, Horde needs an Orcish Leader since they make up the majority and currently there is only Thrall left as fitting choice.

I know that Blizzard said that Thrall won't become Warchief, but they might have lied so that they don't spoil 100% of the MoP finale, other expansions didn't have that except "Main Villain X dies".

At this point, given the 5.1 storyline, it has to be between Vol'Jin and Lor'themar. My only problem is that I can't see the Orcs rallying behind anyone but another Orc, and certainly not a Blood Elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I know people will say voljin, but I think he's too obvious and he just doesn't strike me as a leadertype. Baine on the other hand...He's young unlike voljin who could have a heartattack the next day -_-
    Considering Vol'jin's father was only killed in WC3, there's no reason to think Vol'Jin is anywhere near old.

Sylvannas for warchief, she's the benevolent leader we all need.

Why no saurfang option? Has everyone forgot Saurfang's words to Garrosh in wotlk?

Garrosh Hellscream says: And just for good measure...
    Garrosh walks back to his usual spot.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: So the prodigal son has spoken!
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Your father's blood runs strong in you, Hellscream. Impatient as always... Impatient and reckless.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: You rush headlong into all-out war without a thought of the consequences.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: Do not speak to me of consequences, old one.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I drank of the same blood your father did, Garrosh. Mannoroth's cursed venom pumped through my veins as well.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I drove my weapons into the bodies and minds of my enemies.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: And while Grom died a glorious death - freeing us all from the blood curse - he could not wipe away the terrible memory of our past.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: His act could not erase the horrors we committed.
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: The winter after the curse was lifted, hundreds of veteran orcs like me were lost to despair.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Our minds were finally free, yes... Free to relive all of the unthinkable acts that we had performed under the Legion's influence.
    High Overlord Saurfang nods.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I think it was the sounds of the draenei children that unnerved most of them... You never forget...
    High Overlord Saurfang says: Have you ever been to Jaggedswine Farm? When the swine are of age for the slaughter... It's that sound. The sound of the swine being killed... It resonates the loudest. Those are hard times for us older veterans.
    Garrosh Hellscream says: But surely you cannot think that those children were born into innocence? They would have grown up and taken arms against us!
    High Overlord Saurfang shakes his head.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I am not speaking solely of the children of our enemies...
    High Overlord Saurfang pauses.
    High Overlord Saurfang says: I won't let you take us down that dark path again, young Hellscream. I'll kill you myself before that day comes...