Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can Teemo Jungle?

Title pretty much says it all, just wondering if Teemo can jungle and what I'd need to build and the such in order to do it.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    No. Please don't. T.T

Yes.

Should he? No. His jungle would be slow and he has little ganking potential thanks to no slow/stun.

PS: any champ can jungle, this has been proved by many different ppl, just look up their stuff on google.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumash View Post
    Yes.

Should he? No. His jungle would be slow and he has little ganking potential thanks to no slow/stun.

PS: any champ can jungle, this has been proved by many different ppl, just look up their stuff on google.
    Was asking more for viability of them jungling, seeing as how I've seen a Soraka jungle a few times (it was just strange)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Was asking more for viability of them jungling, seeing as how I've seen a Soraka jungle a few times (it was just strange)
    At to that question you got my answer in an earlier post. :) The only merit Teemo would bring as a jungler is the mushroom coverage as he'd be able to do it over the entire map as a jungler instead of only the top area. He has no ganking power, slow clear, no sustain and is squishy as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    He technically could, but he's a really bad jungle pick for several reasons:

-Since he's ranged, and ranged champions usually have lower base stats compared to melee champs, the jungle will really hurt early on, resulting in having to B often, or getting executed at buffs unless your team hard leashes them.
    -His skillset doesn't allow for easy ganking. You got your W to kinda close the gap and Q for a bit of magic damage, but that's it.
    -As mentioned, Teemo has no innate sustain. Add that on to your slow clearing speeds, so yeah.

Not to mention that Teemo players already have the stereotype of not knowing how to play the game, and feed enemies, trying to jungle as Teemo will give your team the impression that you're trolling and trying to lose the game.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-01-07 at 01:05 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    He technically could, but he's a really bad jungle pick for several reasons:

-Since he's ranged, and ranged champions usually have lower base stats compared to melee champs, the jungle will really hurt early on, resulting in having to B often, or getting executed at buffs unless your team hard leashes them.
    -His skillset doesn't allow for easy ganking. You got your W to kinda close the gap and Q for a bit of magic damage, but that's it.
    -As mentioned, Teemo has no innate sustain. Add that on to your slow clearing speeds, so yeah.

Not to mention that Teemo players already have the stereotype of not knowing how to play the game, and feed enemies, trying to jungle as Teemo will give your team the impression that you're trolling and trying to lose the game.
    This will only work in your advantage if you actually work out how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    This will only work in your advantage if you actually work out how to do it.
    And win the game. If you still lose, the jungler is often the first to get insulted. If it's a teemo, he would probably get crucified.

Other than that, there's actually a few junglers that lack the ability to quickly close the distance prior to level 6. Shyv comes to mind.

And just for laughs, since I can't play lol when being sick anyways, I'm going to make a custom game and see how well he does Man herbal tea is really starting to bother me. ARGH .. I forgot..I don't own teemo...
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-07 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    And win the game. If you still lose, the jungler is often the first to get insulted. If it's a teemo, he would probably get crucified.

Other than that, there's actually a few junglers that lack the ability to quickly close the distance prior to level 6. Shyv comes to mind.

And just for laughs, since I can't play lol when being sick anyways, I'm going to make a custom game and see how well he does Man herbal tea is really starting to bother me. ARGH .. I forgot..I don't own teemo...
    Shyv's W is a movement speed buff. She has no sticking power, is something else.

Deleted
    Teemo jungler, the horror.

I hope I never get one in my team. His ganks must be the most awful ever.

Not to mention the awkward moment when jungle creeps kill him at level 2, when he's going over to the other side with no help.

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Teemo jungler, the horror.

I hope I never get one in my team. His ganks must be the most awful ever.

Not to mention the awkward moment when jungle creeps kill him at level 2, when he's going over to the other side with no help.
    I dunno, I picked up Teemo with some IP and he doesn't die. I wouldn't call him the fastest kill either though. I'm going to do another run for the fun of it. I see one minor bit of potential from a Jungler Teemo. The freedom to roam your enemy jungle, hide in spots your enemy jungler will most definitely pass, and gank when hit by shrooms. And well.. shrooms in all lanes, never bad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Shyv's W is a movement speed buff. She has no sticking power, is something else.
    Is this very different from the Teemo version? I tried comparing based on somewhat equal systems.

Edit: I'm not a hardcore jungler that knows all timers exactly, but I have these round times:

Starting @ blue, not wolves. Machete + 5 pots
    - 1:55 at Blue
    - chugged one pot
    - 2:21 cleared Blue
    - chugged one pot
    - 2:28 at Wolves
    - 2:44 cleared Wolves
    - Chugged a pot
    - 2:56 at Wraiths
    - 316 Cleared Wraiths
    - 3:21 CD @ Smite 1 second, at Red
    - Chugged two pots
    - 3:42 Red cleared
    - Wraiths didn't respawn yet
    - Teemo now has 385\699HP, last potion 20% time left.
    - 3:56 at wolves
    - 4:12 wolves cleared.

I could go on, but statistics past this point hardly matter. Teem is lvl 3 now, will be lvl 4 after another Wraith camp. I have no idea how fast this is, but I am sure many of you do know :P Granted, he's not as fast as Nunu or Vi and needs a few more potions, but it's not as bad as my last experience with Nautilus.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-07 at 10:11 PM.

1. Start of the game (Start with E)
    2. Get blue buff + lvl 2 (Level up Q)
    3. Move to enemy red buff bush, and camp it till he gets there.
    4. Abuse your AS steroid + Q, and he'll be dead before he realizes.
    5. FB + enemy red buff

Deleted
    Meh, I guess that one works. I do that with shaco sometimes.

I edited my earlier post with an actual round time, not factoring in the AS steroid.

And I started with Q.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-07 at 10:28 PM.

Why start with Q? Machete + E is an amazing combo if you ask me. Loads of sustained bonus damage? Yes please. You could even do a rotation on the poison by switching your AA target after applying your poison, clearing faster.

Why start with Q? Machete + E is an amazing combo if you ask me. Loads of sustained bonus damage? Yes please. You could even do a rotation on the poison by switching your AA target after applying your poison, clearing faster.
    Not saying either is better. I had to pick between reduced damage received and extra damage done on an 8 sec CD, or additional damage done. I just went with Q, since machete only adds 10% overall damage, which is hardly anything on the first level of E, especially not if you consider that you want to kill one mob fast and not all at the same time. E after Blue.

It's a choice. Not saying yours is wrong

Always nice to see my expectations of possible responses come true :P

Not saying either is better. I had to pick between reduced damage received and extra damage done on an 8 sec CD, or additional damage done. I just went with Q, since machete only adds 10% overall damage, which is hardly anything on the first level of E, especially not if you consider that you want to kill one mob fast and not all at the same time. E after Blue.

It's a choice. Not saying yours is wrong

Always nice to see my expectations of possible responses come true :P
    What exactly do you mean by that? Feels like you're taking my response to you completely the wrong way.

I never said you were wrong. I was just asking you why you started this way.

What exactly do you mean by that? Feels like you're taking my response to you completely the wrong way.

I never said you were wrong. I was just asking you why you started this way.
    When I hovered over the choices the first time, I thought. "I'm definitely going to get questions; WHY Q??" :P That's all.

When I hovered over the choices the first time, I thought. "I'm definitely going to get questions; WHY Q??" :P That's all.
    Well, the reason why you took it is obvious. For the blind. My question to you was why you'd take that blind over an on-hit effect + poison. The blind is only good to avoid 1 or 2 hits from the blue golem, depending on how you time it. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. You have plenty of health pots for that.

Besides, you'll kill blue golem a lot faster if you'd take E.

Deleted

Smile

1. Start of the game (Start with E)
    2. Get blue buff + lvl 2 (Level up Q)
    3. Move to enemy red buff bush, and camp it till he gets there.
    4. Abuse your AS steroid + Q, and he'll be dead before he realizes.
    5. FB + enemy red buff
    Note: Do not attempt vs lee sin, see WC allstars games for more info. RIP maknoon no1 smite teemo.