Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    Pandaria is not my cup of tea. I'll be breaking till the next expansion.

What do you guys think it'll be? Is there anything official known about it?
    95 level cap, or 100?

I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion.
    1) Won't be either.
    2) If you don't like MoP I'm willing to bet you won't like any future WoW expansions.

---------- Post added 2013-02-18 at 01:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Starcraft was release in 1997, Brood war was released in 1998. And people has been playing this games over 10 years. Starcraft 2 wasn't released until 2011. Did you see blizzard make expansions between those 10 years??? Making stuffs just for making stuff, without new inspiration and purpose is just so pointless. ruining blizzard rep instead of profiting
    I loved Starcraft and played it heaps in those intervening years. But how many Starcraft boxes do you reckon Blizzard sold in those years and what percentage of them were from the first month or so after release of the original game and then the expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    No Question,

"Wrath of the Gnome King".

After the gnomes already got there Home back,.- the Gnome King is rising in a future of Blink Blink and Pink Hair.

Last edited by mmocb4d5413dc4; 2013-02-18 at 06:49 AM. Reason: spell

10+ Year Old Account
    ......I hope they increase the level cap to 101 just to shut up the people saying wow sill end at 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you say "Cya" when you can still make money? Stopping making new expansions =/= shutting down the servers. They can still keep the game running severals years for the most profit, before it is totally outdated and overwhelmed by other games.

lvl 100 is still at least 2-3 years to go, then some loyal fans may keep still playing it for 2-3 years after that. And if you think the current wow can stay in popular status longer than that (5-6 years), then you are dreaming.
    Because they wouldn't be developing anything for it, essentially leaving it as it is. Dead if you like.

Why would you say "Cya" when you can still make money? Stopping making new expansions =/= shutting down the servers. They can still keep the game running severals years for the most profit, before it is totally outdated and overwhelmed by other games.

lvl 100 is still at least 2-3 years to go, then some loyal fans may keep still playing it for 2-3 years after that. And if you think the current wow can stay in popular status longer than that (5-6 years), then you are dreaming.
    It all depends on how good their other games are doing. If they have much better margins in other games, they may choose the money tied to WoW in other games to increase their profit/future profit.

I love these discussions even though most of this was MoP bashing/defending.

Ideas:

1. Wraihion hints at a danger coming from outside of Azeroth during the legendary questline. The only outside force in WoW lore (that I know of) is the Burning Legion. Weren't the Draenie fleeing the Burning Legion when they crash landed on the alliance? Seems an invasion is coming that should unite the Alliance and the Horde for common purpose.

2. Finally I don't think Sargeras will come to Azeroth. So open a gate and the players go to him. This allows another expansion with an other entire world full of bad guys.

Now for some more controversial ideas.

1. The effect on the environment from the goblins and the draenie for example creates a new problem.

2. Outlands needs to fixed. Players are going back and forth in time, there needs to be a fix.

3. Next race will be the species indigent to the home world of sargeras or where ever we fight the burning legion.

4. Next class demon hunter. If Blizz is going all in on the burning legion scenario, then a demon hunter (a hybrid mixed ranged/tank) is an easy choice.

5. Smooth out the leveling for accounts with multiple max level characters. At least make it optional to a point. I might level a warrior if I didn't have to spend the time plowing through vanilla, BC, Wrath and finally Cata content. It would be my 10th loop through that content. Sorry just not interested.

6. Single player instances. Face it some people don't like groups. Brawlers Guild is the start of this. See more of it in the next expansion.

7. Revamp the old Vanilla and BC instances that are lore related to the next expansion. Create heroic versions revamp the fight mechanics update the hit points ect.
    Last edited by Woeful; 2013-02-18 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woeful View Post
    Ideas:

1. Revamp of Vanilla and BC content -- Heroic MC for example. While Blizzard says they want to keep the old encounters around for those who want to enjoy them in their pure form, I soloed Black Temple the other day. It didn't feel epic or neat in the least. Revamping or retuning those encounters for max level players would make the game almost infinitely replayable.
    Like Naxx was made "infinitely replayable"? Sorry, boy, but that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    what about the netherwing dailies in BC, skyguard, ogrila, Isle of Quel Danas etc? the Argent Tournament, Ebonhold, Stormgiant and blue lesbian dailies in Wotlk? What content did those expansions have that MoP doesn't have ? Dailies have been a staple part of wow content for 6 or so years. Cata was the least involved expac, all you did was sit in a city and queue for heroics. Bliz have realised that is a terrible way to design a game and moved away from it. I hope they don't ever go back that model.
    ALL of those were actually optional. They didn't tie in some bullshit charms for extra gear and go "oh hey, it's optional!"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love these discussions even though most of this was MoP bashing/defending.

Ideas:

1. Wraihion hints at a danger coming from outside of Azeroth during the legendary questline. The only outside force in WoW lore (that I know of) is the Burning Legion. Weren't the Draenie fleeing the Burning Legion when they crash landed on the alliance? Seems an invasion is coming that should unite the Alliance and the Horde for common purpose.

2. Finally I don't think Sargeras will come to Azeroth. So open a gate and the players go to him. This allows another expansion with an other entire world full of bad guys.

Now for some more controversial ideas.

1. The effect on the environment from the goblins and the draenie for example creates a new problem.

2. Outlands needs to fixed. Players are going back and forth in time, there needs to be a fix.

3. Next race will be the species indigent to the home world of sargeras or where ever we fight the burning legion.

4. Next class demon hunter. If Blizz is going all in on the burning legion scenario, then a demon hunter (a hybrid mixed ranged/tank) is an easy choice.

5. Smooth out the leveling for accounts with multiple max level characters. At least make it optional to a point. I might level a warrior if I didn't have to spend the time plowing through vanilla, BC, Wrath and finally Cata content. It would be my 10th loop through that content. Sorry just not interested.

6. Single player instances. Face it some people don't like groups. Brawlers Guild is the start of this. See more of it in the next expansion.

7. Revamp the old Vanilla and BC instances that are lore related to the next expansion. Create heroic versions revamp the fight mechanics update the hit points ect.
    I'll take your idea with a side of Ethereal.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    ALL of those were actually optional. They didn't tie in some bullshit charms for extra gear and go "oh hey, it's optional!"
    Are you still farming for charms? I mean, I still have +300 or so on my main. I steadily work on one faction at a time. Seriously are you not at least trying to finish the stories? Or are you one of those who sprints into the next area of progression and gets pissy if Blizz doesn't let you finish it in one week?

Yes, those dailies were 'optional' if you wanted a cool flying mount. Cool stuff doesn't have the pull it once had. We all have cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    ......I hope they increase the level cap to 101 just to shut up the people saying wow sill end at 100.
    What about 100 and 2/3rds :P?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I think level 100 may have been in the plans at some point. An original plus four expansions. In 2004 that would have been a home run. Even Blizz could not have anticipated that WoW would stay relevant 8+ years later.

Now, its just a matter of money. Years ago they decided that the expansions may have to be more or less infinite. Thus you will have story lines that more or less fold back on themselves.

Examples:

Burning legion -- We faced them in BC, we can do it again.

Wrath -- The guy who took Artheas' place. No one said that he could control the scourge forever. Let an old world god start talking in his ear and lets see what happens.

Forsaken -- Still don't know what makes a Forsaken a Forsaken. Make it more successful this time.

Sha -- The sha are a part of "human nature". The theme can come up in every expansion from now on.

I think level 100 may have been in the plans at some point. An original plus four expansions. In 2004 that would have been a home run. Even Blizz could not have anticipated that WoW would stay relevant 8+ years later.

Now, its just a matter of money. Years ago they decided that the expansions may have to be more or less infinite. Thus you will have story lines that more or less fold back on themselves.

Examples:

Burning legion -- We faced them in BC, we can do it again.

Wrath -- The guy who took Artheas' place. No one said that he could control the scourge forever. Let an old world god start talking in his ear and lets see what happens.

Forsaken -- Still don't know what makes a Forsaken a Forsaken. Make it more successful this time.

Sha -- The sha are a part of "human nature". The theme can come up in every expansion from now on.
    when wow originally launched there were no plans for an expansion at all. outlands, emerald dream, northrend. that was all going to be lvl 60 stuff added in patches. but wow got crazy popular so they decided to make them into expansions, except emerald dream which is pretty much scrapped.

the only time the number 100 has come up and where all the "100 IS TEH LAS MAN" rumors come from is back during an interview right around the time wrath was launching where someone asked the devs how far they see adding levels onto wow. they replied with "we wanna go to ATLEAST 100"

key word is atleast. which means that that is the MINIMUM of what they want not anywhere near the max.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when wow originally launched there were no plans for an expansion at all. outlands, emerald dream, northrend. that was all going to be lvl 60 stuff added in patches. but wow got crazy popular so they decided to make them into expansions, except emerald dream which is pretty much scrapped.

the only time the number 100 has come up and where all the "100 IS TEH LAS MAN" rumors come from is back during an interview right around the time wrath was launching where someone asked the devs how far they see adding levels onto wow. they replied with "we wanna go to ATLEAST 100"

key word is atleast. which means that that is the MINIMUM of what they want not anywhere near the max.
    Notice I said level 100 at some point. When it was originally launched, I agree, they were totally invested in putting out the fires of launch and then adding content as the game grew in popularity.

Once Blizzard saw the game was here to stay. Four expansions made sense from a planning stance. A small group of writers and developers going into a room and mapping out the ideas for four expansions would make sense.

Now I agree -- 100 is simply a number. So long as the game makes money, they will keep pumping out content, which obviously means 100+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next WoW expansion? whoa.. calm down there laddie. MoP hasn't been out for more than 6 months and people are already talking about the next expansion. I'm not trying to be an arse, but don't you think Blizzard has got far more important stuff to do than just releasing another expansion?

Update character models. Give us more hair/beard styles. Especially beards. Updating the graphics wouldn't hurt either. Updating old zones wouldn't hurt either.

That being said, if Blizzard is going to release a new expansion (I'm 99% sure they will) it's probably gonna have to do something with The Burning Legion and Sargeras. I'd also like to see some of the unanswered stuff. e.g. the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron

The whole Ny'alotha concept makes me wonder what it actually could be. Is it a reference to Nazjatar, capital city of the Naga? Are there other unknown Old God(s) in Azeroth? nobody knows...

Deleted
    I don't think we will see anymore Sha after MoP. It'll probably end in "The land is now purged of sha! Huzza!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if it's the Burning Legion, I think we'd see a Tinker class instead of a Demon Hunter class.

Why? Because Demons have some crazy mechanical machines, and I can just imagine the Horde and the Alliance going full speed ahead with industrialized weapons and armies to combat it.

If at the end of the MoP, the horde and the alliance come to some sort of balance -- which in turn ends the sha, when that balance goes away, the Sha can return in all sorts of nasty ways.

The point however was broader. Hate, Doubt, Anger and Fear are infinitely repeatable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    We still need one Expansion before the Burning Legion.
    We still havn't dealt with Aszhara yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What about 100 and 2/3rds :P?

Although letting the people think it will end at 100 may be a good idea. Bring back millions of players wanting to see wows last expansion.