Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Personally I would like the wow leveling progression to end within the next two expansions. 95, 100.

Any expansions after that should be focused on ilvl progression. With expansions just adding more flavour and fun to the game, like 4th specs, maybe some random classes, just kinda make wow novelty expansions, only digital download or something.

After ilvl progression is maxed the next expansion will continue this trend except now all gear will be legendary, once you reach the final tier.

Effectively there will be 3 tiers to level 100. Max ilvl - max ilvl legendary version.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Personally I would like the wow leveling progression to end within the next two expansions. 95, 100.

Any expansions after that should be focused on ilvl progression. With expansions just adding more flavour and fun to the game, like 4th specs, maybe some random classes, just kinda make wow novelty expansions, only digital download or something.

After ilvl progression is maxed the next expansion will continue this trend except now all gear will be legendary, once you reach the final tier.

Effectively there will be 3 tiers to level 100. Max ilvl - max ilvl legendary version.
    Some of the details aside, I actually agree with this. Questing & Story telling could be done, but would offer paths similar to gear a la dailies *shutter*, with daily quest hubs as well. However being as the primary thing is progressing your gear at end game, I'm totally on board with saying 100 is it...once here, leveling is done and every expac bring a new theme to the end game questing, dailies, dungeons & raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    That's the wrong leaked deal. The "troll" leak was the one with the expac names including zones and levels. That was the admitted fake one. The timeline is an actual leaked document, but doesn't really say much. Just a corporate roadmap.
    Not to mention being outdated by now. It may be real, but by now, it's pretty much worthless and doesn't tell us anything we don't already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    SNIP... Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.
    SNIP...

Thoughts and opinions?
    Well you can't play it without running into them thats for sure. So if you don't like them I can see that being a problem no matter the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post

Sargeras has kind of always been advertised as the Final Endgame Boss.

The game has to come to an end some time. Even if a ton of people are still playing.

I think Blizzard will want to end WOW to make room for their next gen MMO, Titan.
    1) This has only been assumed by players never even said or hinted at by Blizzard.
    2) UO is still going, and WQ just put out its 19th expansion. So it does not have to end until it is no longer profitable.
    3) TITAN IS NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR WOW. The info is out there. It is a different game aimed at different audiences.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Syctris View Post
    Blizzard stated at some point max level would be 100 then they were done, so probably 2 more expansions. Next one will be burning legion for sure I think though.
    Yeah no they didn't. That would be the dumbest thing a company could say about the largest and most profitable MMO on the market. Hey guys lets plan the end of this game in advanced and lose out on millions if not billions in future revenues. WHo would sign up to level a toon from 1-100 knowing it was the last expansion and most likely to end soon? That's right no one.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    Bull.

MOP has been a disappointment, except for those KungFu panda, Farmville, and Pokemon fans.
    Have you even played this expansion? Let me guess. You went in sobbing and kicking your feet at the thought of going to "Kung-Fu Panda land" and have quit because of all the "kids stuff" in game. Get off your ridiculously high horse and get the hell out.

I'm not a fan of "Pokemon"/Pet Battles in Wow, and I still think this is one of the best expansions we've gotten. The lore, the story and the sheer amount of content has certainly blown the previous expansion out of the water.

And before you say "Panda-Land isn't Warcraft because Chinese culture doesn't belong in Wow" look at Wrath and BC. We were introduced to weird and bizarre cultures there and people bitched and whined then too.

Get over it. Pandaren are part of Warcraft and will continue to be an awesome addition to the game.

So, rather than continue the mindless back and forth that I've now read for 3-4 pages, I'll offer up some actual ideas for the next expansion, based on recent trends/information/rumors in and out of game

A lot of this plays heavily on the fact that the 10th anniversary will fall during Expansion 5.
    - 10 levels, quest from 90 to 100.
    - 10 new race models (all original races + Belf and Draenei); everybody can choose how their character is viewed by others.
    - 10 sub-races to go with race models; everybody gets a free choice to change race within their faction once at the start of the expansion.
    - 10 zones in the new content (whereever that may be). Each zone is 2 levels and you can get between zones of similar levels easily. This allows for optimal progression of alts while providing more exploration for loremasters.
    - 10 new dungeons (mix of old revamps and brand new).
    - Item levels are reduced across the board (the crunch at last) to allow for better handling of numbers.
    - Overhaul of Professions. You can now mine = your skill level in JC, BS, or Eng; herb = skill level in Alch or Insc; skin = skill level in LW.
    - Professions no longer count as a measure of player power. They are specifically used to help gear up other players and alts. Professions are account-wide.
    - Enchantments are no longer a major measure of player power. Instead, they replace stats (with that feature being removed from vendors). Enchant Cloak - Strength, for example, trades the Intellect or Agility from an item for Strength. Proc enchants still exist because they're fun, especially on weapons. Because of this, DKs also keep runeforging. Enchanters can enchant stronger items based on their skill level/materials. Scrolls exist to sell to players, but an enchanter can still do it on the fly. Enchanting interface now "eats" 1 material per item and can be queued up to allow for multiple skill ups like other professions. Disenchant now gives a single material for anybody with enchanters getting procs a'la alchemy.
    - Gems are no longer a major measure of player power. Metagems still exist, as well as 1 gem socket per rare/epic item at cap. Sockets are changed to meet multiple needs. All gems are "prismatic" so older gear can still have them and benefit.
    - Wardrobes (itemized list, collectors can work on getting them all), Toolsheds (all "toy" items share CD, use 1 and wait to use another), and mats stack to 100. Bank slots are now specifically for sets you want to keep stats on and crafting materials.
    - Champion lower characters by becoming their level.
    - RealID/Battletag friends can group regardless of faction (not that I'd be for or against this, but it's a possibility).

10+ Year Old Account
    So what do you guys expect? A new class or a new race? Its going to be either one or the other or possibly both.

I'm 99% positive we'll get at least 1 new race, if only because they've said Races = easier to design. No reason not to introduce more as we go, especially since this is becoming a world-wide situation.

Class? I'm hoping so, but I'll reserve my opinion and wait for news.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    ^this
    pandaria is probably the most serious expansion yet.
    The most ... WHAT?

My bad oO.

Please please 10 levels and at least twice the leveling content.

Heroics that LAST!!! more than 3-4 days.

Incentive to do heroics with people in own realm over LFD.

Incentive to do normal/heroic raiding over LFR.

Incentive to do 25-man raiding over 10-mans.

No more class homogenization, no more removing stats, no more simplification, no more gimmicks.

Incentive to do heroics with people in own realm over LFD.

Incentive to do normal/heroic raiding over LFR.

Incentive to do 25-man raiding over 10-mans.

No more class homogenization, no more removing stats, no more simplification, no more gimmicks.
    1. Not sure what you are getting at.
    2. Probably won't happen considering the bonuses already offered by going to LFD
    3. What? The only incentive there would be to dumb down normal raids and make it 'easier.'
    4. Think they are throwing ideas around.
    5. Win some lose some...meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Deleted
    I'm betting we'll see something legion based, it's been pretty widely hinted they'll be popping back up sooner or later. Blizz also said that the horde/alliance war was only just starting in MoP so it's quite possible we'll see a new expac focusing more on that. One way they could tie in both of Garrosh escaping the siege of ogrimmar using warlock magic, both drawing the legions attention back to us and opening up a new world that garrosh and his loyal followers escape to.

Here is what needs to happen on the final expansion!!!! The forsaken leave the horde start a new war against the alliegnce. Than all three factions face the burning legion.. Here is the twist!!!! You have the option to join the burning legion but this would not effect your arena or RBG games since not everyone would join the burning legion and depending on what faction your on you would still be aloud in the major cities but you would be a spy and the major cities wouldn't know about it!! On the last boss of the main raid it is brought forward and you are killed!!!

The end!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion: The outbreak of the 4th war which becomes a global conflict, and 4th specs for all classes.

10+ Year Old Account

Honestly I'd rather have more dungeons than more levels and zones. As cool as they are, you only go through them once per character. You can't level to 91 with the same toon twice. Yet you'll be running heroics 'til the end of the expansion.

So go light on the zones and leveling content and put more into dungeons, more interesting scenarios, and more raids, sez I.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's doubtful, but I 'd absolutely love it if Blizzard did a left turn and created a whole new villain in Azeroth that we had to deal with.

Have it based on High Fantasy. A "save the princess locked in the tower" type dungeon. Rogue wizards and warriors. Wandering world bosses in familiar areas to everyone.

Maybe we discover an area/plane above like Valhalla and we go on a strange trip up there. So many options.

I'm finding it extremely hard to believe that they'll come out with the burning legion already. If so, it definitely will not be the last expansion. I'm willing to bet that they're going to squeeze in an expansion surrounding n'zoth and perhaps even the emerald dream before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    I'm finding it extremely hard to believe that they'll come out with the burning legion already. If so, it definitely will not be the last expansion. I'm willing to bet that they're going to squeeze in an expansion surrounding n'zoth and perhaps even the emerald dream before.
    They could still use the BL and not have it end, KJ is still alive remember. He is also the acting leader of the BL whilst Sargeras is doing his thang, so it would make sense to finally kill KJ and have it set the scene for a Sargeras return as the rightful leader. Not to mention they could add something cool like an image of Sarg laughing at KJ as he dies because he thought he was the true leader.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    They could still use the BL and not have it end, KJ is still alive remember. He is also the acting leader of the BL whilst Sargeras is doing his thang, so it would make sense to finally kill KJ and have it set the scene for a Sargeras return as the rightful leader. Not to mention they could add something cool like an image of Sarg laughing at KJ as he dies because he thought he was the true leader.
    That is very true. There's so many antagonists surrounding the burning legion that they could easily do it in 2 expansions but where does that leave room for old gods and Azshara if we do see her again?