Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are 2 main foes to be slain:
    - The Burning Legion (Kil'Jaeden and MAYBE Sargeras)
    - N'zoth

A Burning Legion expansion should explore the twisting nether and other demon infested worlds, such as argus, Xoroth. An Old God expansion should explore the underwater schemes of the Naga, and the emerald nightmare corruption by Xavius. Personally, I would love more this old god expansion, but it everything points at a burning legion expansion.

Edit:

People fail to see that we still have one more year in MoP expansion, will have 2 years of 95 expansion, and 2 or more years of 100 expansion, it's more than 5 years. Do you think wow will last after 6 years, with more and better games releasing, including the Titan Project? So yeah, I would be a lvl 100 cap.
    Last edited by Drakesong; 2013-02-17 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    1. I'd imagine it would be Emerald Dream, and my wishlist is long haha.

2. Remove all the instant CC and makes casters have to cast again.

3. Don't add any new classes or races, fix what's already in the game.

4. Add 5 more levels, any more and I'm going to cry, leveling isn't fun.

5. Make heroics actually hard again, and make LFR only half the raid so to see the whole raid you actually have to join a real group.

6. And please for the love of god remove racials, they're impossible to balance and it forces certain classes to play certain races (like right now, Rogues need to be Orc to survive in PvP because of the stun duration reduction, etc, and Alliance DPS need to be Human for the +4% PvP Power from having a second trinket, etc.) would just make the game a lot better to not have the ridiculous racials, the ones that are like +1% Crit or whatever are fine, but the ones that actually heavily impact the game need to go.
    1. Unlikely. This has been suggested before every expansion and never happens.
    2. nvm I read it wrong ))
    3. I don't mind, but a lot of people want races/classes. Blizzard set the expectation by releasing some at every expansion.
    4. Leveling is fun for some. I don't like the LFD/LFR system and killing all normal bosses in one week and then repeating the exact same content for months with heroic attempts. Leveling is a nice break from the raids.
    5. I would love that, but will never happen. LFR is here to stay. LFR will be killing guilds. Who needs the guild when you can get the same gear, albeit 8 ilevel lower, from LFR?
    6. Homogenize all races? Racials have already been nerfed and balanced. I used to have 5% extra spirit as human, as I chose humans on purpose for that racial.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 03:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Edit:

People fail to see that we still have one more year in MoP expansion, will have 2 years of 95 expansion, and 2 or more years of 100 expansion, it's more than 5 years. Do you think wow will last after 6 years, with more and better games releasing, including the Titan Project? So yeah, I would be a lvl 100 cap.
    That's what I had thought 2-3 years ago. Still going strong, even though subs are on decline.

I don't know much about Titan and whether average WoW player would be interested in Titan. If it's FPS-MMO, then not for me.

I really wanted a fresh start with a new game, but they all flop. All new "good" games have fatal flaws. And I'm stuck with the old WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    One reason? Okay; lore.

Also, you don't have proof to your other comment do you?
    Lore makes a Demon Hunter impossible as a playable class. Demon Hunters hunt demons, so they only stay where demons are present. Why would a DH go to Pandaria or Northrend for example? There's no demons there. Every DH I've run across in WoW has been in Outland. If we're going by lore players there will definitely not be any playable DHs.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    Ghostcrawler via Twitter:

He clearly implies that there is not enough room for Demon Hunters in the game.

And lore is not a reason for Demon Hunters, it's a reason for there to NOT be Demon Hunters.
    The only race that has knowledge of the path to being a Demon Hunter are the Night Elves, and they consider it completely evil and lock away/destroy all knowledge of the subject.
    They also once implied Pandaren would be used for statues, comics, etc. Not WoW.

That was after the cat was let out about MoP being trademarked.

Blizz always tries to keep things under wraps so they can reveal it on their terms. Just because someone asks "Hey GC, gonna add Demon Hunters?" on Twitter doesn't mean they have to spill "Oh yeah, next expansion."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Lore makes a Demon Hunter impossible as a playable class. Demon Hunters hunt demons, so they only stay where demons are present. Why would a DH go to Pandaria or Northrend for example? There's no demons there.
    Why would a Death Knight go to Pandaria or Outland? There's no Lich King control there. No undead scourge to deal with.

Every DH I've run across in WoW has been in Outland.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Telarius_Voidstrider
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Loramus_Thalipedes
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Feronas_Sindweller
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would a Death Knight go to Pandaria or Outland? There's no Lich King control there. No undead scourge to deal with.
    Because player Death Knights are Resurrected heroes who have their free will restored. So they fight for their respective faction after the starter quest. You just can't do that with Demon Hunters. It doesn't work with their lore. Demon Hunter's singular purpose is to kill demons. Hence why they're called DEMON hunters.

The first NPC you mention is actually a ghost.

As for the other two, look more closely at where these NPCs are located and what they're doing in that location;

In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, it is revealed that Loramus set out for the Blasted Lands to hunt down the demon Razelikh, but was killed by one of the demon's ogre lieutenant, Grol. With the aid of the player, Loramus is revived at the Altar of Storms.
    Feronas Sindweller is a level 47 night elf quest giver located at Felwood. He can be seen killing demons disguised as druids.
    Demon Hunters hunt demons. They don't waste their time gathering Okra and Pig guts to make Westfall Stew, or killing Rabbit people in the Valley of the Four Winds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Point re.: going to Outland. Post-Wrath the DKs are free of the Lich King and can do as they please. As things stand now, Demon Hunters are still devoted to hunting down demons. There's no implied compulsion for Death Knights.

Of course, there's no reason the lore couldn't be made flexible on this one - many demon hunters could do what they for the sake of others, and so are drawn to protect their people and other innocents wherever they go, using their power against any threats. Even the selfish ones could use the excuse that they are striving to improve and refine their abilities against many threats.

Seems the Burning Legion will be next but there are quite a few opportunities that have been mostly untouched by Blizzard.

-Burning Legion (Kil'jaeden as a final boss)
    -Burning Legion (Mal'Ginas as a final boss) > These three could be combined though I do think it would be a little lame not to give them epic climatic expansions
    -Burning Legion (Sargeras as a final boss)
    -The Forbidding Sea (Somewhere I remember reading no ship has ever returned when sailing in that direction, east of EK or west of Kalimdor)
    -Azshara (Though I think she would be a nice boss for WC4 because people tend to not like underwater/scattered zones)
    -Golden Yak's spider kingdom idea (though It probably wont be an entire expansion blizzard has said they want to go back there, there was supposed to be a zone for it in WotLK)
    -Great Sea (dragon isles, lost isles, etc)
    -There are a few known worlds including Argus, Fanlin'Deskor, K'aresh, Xerrath, Xoroth
    -The rest of Draenor is also a possibility, whether the rest was completely destroyed or there are still huge chunks out there is yet to be seen.
    -Emerald Dream
    -Moon (again probably not an entire expansion, though its believed there could be a titan facility there, complete speculation I believe though)

There are plenty of possible classes too
    -Demon Hunter
    -Time Weaver (A personal favourite that I might even design myself as a fan forum thread)
    -Bard
    -Blade Master (Unlikely)
    -Some form of Dragon Hunter though it seems like it would be this or Demon Hunter
    -Templar (designed with ranged holy damage in mind)
    - Necromancer (Could be added if they changed the formula)
    -Runemaster
    -Tinkerer
    -Witch doctor (could be added if the formula was changed)

Deleted
    Don't know if this has already been said, BUT:

I for one think it's pretty obvious now with the events/lore bits from 5.2, that Azshara and N'Zoth will be the baddies of the next expansion, and the Legion will be the one after it.

90-95 Azshara & N'Zoth
    95-100 Burning Legion with Kil'Jaeden as big baddie, Sargeras is highly doubtful

Why you ask?
    Well, during the Zandalari lore bits revealed by the Lorewalkers it is said that Zul foresaw the Cataclysm - then it happened just as he predicted. He also saw the Legion invasion, which is also pretty confirmed by now with all the bits Wrathion has been throwing at us. But in between these events Zul foresaw something else!!

"He saw a legion of serpents pouring forth from a gaping fissure that tore open the floor of the ocean." WoWPedia

So that cements my view on the things I've been telling from the moment MoP was revealed (my guess was at that point that Azshara would be the next after Cata with the hints in Darkshore, etc).
    But it is more likely than the Burning Legion, c'mon, why would we travel to other planets and worlds when there is still a huge and powerful enemy lurking beneath the ocean on our own planet!!

If they will create time travelling it will be great, there should be more dungeons based on Warcraft 1-3 campaigns

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Argus, Xoroth, or even both would be potential settings.
    Way to do both is have main continent Argus & something akin to Oblivion or Rift portals to Xoroth

It's nice to see people can judge something they clearly never played.
    I like how you dont understand what he meant.

---------- Post added 2013-02-17 at 11:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I love Pandaren... and Pandaren are the no 1 most requested new race since Vanilla so I don't think I'm alone. They ARE Warcraft. You're the one who doesn't understand what Warcraft is.
    How do you know that? How is the panda warcraft? Panda's in warcraft is a fragment of history they made way too big, developed to appeal the eastern world.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, the maximum possible level is 255. I could be wrong about that. I don't think they'll go that far, but it serves to demonstrate that they have planned for the possibility of going beyond level 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    There are plenty of possible classes too
    -Demon Hunter
    -Time Weaver (A personal favourite that I might even design myself as a fan forum thread)
    -Bard
    -Blade Master (Unlikely)
    -Some form of Dragon Hunter though it seems like it would be this or Demon Hunter
    -Templar (designed with ranged holy damage in mind)
    - Necromancer (Could be added if they changed the formula)
    -Runemaster
    -Tinkerer
    -Witch doctor (could be added if the formula was changed)
    Demon Hunters: Not likely due to lore and gameplay constraints. They would have to make it completely different for it to be a class in WoW. Like Diablo 3 different.

Time Weaver: Sounds interesting. Only issue I would have with it is that Mages seem to already manipulate Time Magic, and it seems more like a support ability than something you can base an entire class on.

Bard: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...6#post20228936

Blade Master: No way possible. Warriors are Blade Masters.

Dragon Hunter: I'd prefer a Dragon Knight or something similar to a Dragon Hunter.

Templar: Paladins have this cornered.

Necromancer: This has the same problems as Demon Hunters. Its playstyle is complete cornered by other classes. Especially Warlocks.

Runemaster: I would love to see this. I'm actually doing a class thread based on this later today.

Tinker: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Idea-(Long)

Witch Doctor: No way. Shaman and Spriests have this covered.

My guess would be Bards, Tinkers, Runemasters, or Rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer not have another class added so soon, maybe in the expansion afterwards but not the next one. Since we had a new class and a new race this expac, I wouldn't be surprised if we got neither next expac, which I'd actually prefer. As long as the content is awesome I'm not bothered about extra classes and races, we have a lot to choose from atm :>

World of Warcraft: Rise of Azshara, with two new playable races, The Undine (Alliance), a beautiful yet sinister looking bipedal mutation of the Naga, and a new generation of Stonemaul Ogres (Horde), with rocky, crag-like physiques and rugged facial features. New class: Tinker, available to all except the Undine and Ogres. Primary antagonists: Neptulon (Mind-controlled), N'zoth, and Azshara.

To hell with the details about established lore, that's that jist of what I want.

I would love to see the demon hunter class with RANGED wep using spec! Or tank with melee, dps with bows and guns and another dps with spells.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fender010 View Post
    The next expac they will just do the Cata treatment to Outland.

Watch and see.
    Stick some portals in outland that go to other worlds to kill demons of the burning legion... I'd be happy with it. Challenge mode the outland dungeons, from back when heroics could kick your teeth in for being stupid.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syatek94 View Post
    I'm hoping the level cap will be 100, and it'll be the final expansion. Which mean's fighting the Burning Legion on their home world with Sargeras as the final boss. This would be amazing. BC was my favorite expansion and this would definitely have that feel to it. Actual WARcraft not some Panda loving mist zone.
    This will never happen. We won't ever fight Sargeras directly, it would be the end of the entire franchise. Since Blizzard likes to make money, they won't end their franchise this easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I'd prefer not have another class added so soon, maybe in the expansion afterwards but not the next one. Since we had a new class and a new race this expac, I wouldn't be surprised if we got neither next expac, which I'd actually prefer. As long as the content is awesome I'm not bothered about extra classes and races, we have a lot to choose from atm :>
    There's no way that's going to happen unless they introduce 4th spec or something similar.

You need a new race or class or something equivalent in every expansion.