Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question what are the best MMORPG'S coming out in 2013?

Hellow fellows~!

i wonder what great MMORPG's will come out this year!

in my opinion its:

-firefall (MMORPG/FPS)

because it looks really unique.

so what is the best MMORPG'S coming out in 2013 in your opinion (also give reason why)?

Deleted
    Personally I wish that MMORPG developers would just lay low for a while and realise that the market is already flooded with a lot of MMORPGs.

Well hey, Kayen, there's lots of FPS games on the market too and many of them are successful, what's your point?

My point is that with MMORPGs it's more rare that a person would like to play more than one in the time of a decent amount of years. Some people might play two maybe three but the thing with MMORPGs are that there is so much to it, leveling up, gearing, obtaining certain items for your character... When you've done it in one game it isn't as appealing the second, third or maybe even fourth time in other games, I'm sure a lot of you don't even mind this at all but many players feel the same thing as me I am quite certain.

FPS games are just pick up and shoot a bunch of things, most of it is about skills anyways so it doesn't really matter which one you use to practice, it's still with you when you go to the next game, MMOs? Nope.

Deleted
    Wasn't archeage supposed to come to EU/US shores this year (2013) ?

It looks amazing. The building system, it looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
    Personally I wish that MMORPG developers would just lay low for a while and realise that the market is already flooded with a lot of MMORPGs.
    they do, but MMO's take so long to make that you won't see the effect for another 3 years or so
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    they do, but MMO's take so long to make that you won't see the effect for another 3 years or so
    Yeah that's true... Many of these MMO makers probably saw all the successful MMOs that exists and thought ''Hey we should try this too'' and then too many came and it was too late for them to back out of the project...

Deleted
    I hope something worth sinking time into comes out soon.

All the new ones seem to be either free (read: cash shop) and I'd rather pay a sub that put up with micro transactions and pay to win or way too casual and generic. I'd rather play something that ignores some audience completely in order to make the game better for other than a generic, try to appeal to all boring game.

So small hope for Elder Scrolls online, and a little more for Titan (although that wont be coming out this year) and WoD: Online if it ever gets finished.

There are a few that look interesting to me. There's some video on Youtube highlighting something like 14 sandbox MMO's set for release in 2013 although none of them look all that interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHO2EMo5NZE
    I'm waiting for ESO mainly. But also keeping an eye on Neverwinter, EQ Next and The Repopulation.
    I don't think you will see Archeage in the US anytime soon. Maybe early next year. I am honestly not all that excited about it myself.
    As for Titan, who knows when that one will be finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only really got my eye on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. I've always loved the feel of the Final Fantasy games, and I think Eorzea is a pretty world to explore. Recent gameplay videos show the reboot to be a lot quicker paced, with more convenient features and a more modern feel. I also really love redemption stories. xD I'm hoping that FFXIV's reboot is indeed a way to redeem the failure of the FFXIV launch. Everything deserves a second chance.

Every gameplay video I see only makes me that much more excited.

Deleted
    dunno about best but really interested in Firefall.

Unlikely to be released this year but Wildstar is probably the only mmo im really looking forward to (hope they dont mess it up).

15+ Year Old Account
    Firefall will probably be the most talked about, even if it disappoints. Only two new MMO's I can't wait to try is Firefall and Elder Scrolls Online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasi XIV of course, and i is also inteerested in the new FFXI expanision coming 27th march

Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    Hellow fellows~!

i wonder what great MMORPG's will come out this year!

in my opinion its:

-firefall (MMORPG/FPS)

because it looks really unique.

so what is the best MMORPG'S coming out in 2013 in your opinion (also give reason why)?
    If you want I can send you a beta invite, message me a valid email. I should warn you though, from my experiences a 2013 release would be either A.) buggy or B.) unfinished. Based on their own content implementation timeline it would seem there's too much to implement by the end of 2013. I could be wrong though, they may be doing early feature/zone testing in-house only.

EDIT: I just checked, I have 5 invite available, so if anyone else is interested feel free to shoot me a PM.

UPDATE: I have 1 more invite available as of 6:30AM EST. First come, first serve.
    Last edited by Priestiality; 2013-01-04 at 11:36 AM.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    If you want I can send you a beta invite, message me a valid email. I should warn you though, from my experiences a 2013 release would be either A.) buggy or B.) unfinished. Based on their own content implementation timeline it would seem there's too much to implement by the end of 2013. I could be wrong though, they may be doing early feature/zone testing in-house only.

EDIT: I just checked, I have 5 invite available, so if anyone else is interested feel free to shoot me a PM.
    Sent you a PM

I.... want... to say Elder Scrolls: Online. But I really don't like some of the design decisions they're making.

It's not that Elder Scrolls:Online will be a bad game... it's just some of the design decisions are decidedly do not belong in an Elder Scrolls game.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I.... want... to say Elder Scrolls: Online. But I really don't like some of the design decisions they're making.

It's not that Elder Scrolls:Online will be a bad game... it's just some of the design decisions are decidedly do not belong in an Elder Scrolls game.
    Like what?

Fingers crossed for Blade and Soul.

TESO won't be coming out in 2013, and even if it were, it looks more cursed by the day.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Blade and Souls.
    Translate faster!
    Last edited by Remilia; 2013-01-04 at 05:24 AM.

Deleted
    So far TES: Online is the only major MMO I have on my radar. And that's not scheduled for 2013.

I think MMOs have reached a point where they need to reinvent themselves a little. Possibly return to some of the qualities found in the 1. generation of MMOs and focused on very tight communities and social interaction

But currently no developer or publisher seems to quite know what to aim for. The WoW/Everquest model has been beaten to death and they know it. They just don't know what's next.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF XIV A Realm Reborn looks promising, should be out this year. And although it won't be out this year (we'll see gameplay footage and tons of other stuff in oct though) Everquest Next is something to look forward to. It will be a sandbox MMO, bringing something new to the table. Just from what I've read it looks like it's something to look forward to. We'll see.