Possible new build.. Any suggestions?

I'm looking to maybe build a new system in a month or so. I'm looking to spend around 1200USD max. THis is what I've come up with. Are there any other suggestions that might be able to improve it and not raise the price too much?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($20.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($49.92 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($89.99 @ Microcenter)
    Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.00 @ B&H)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($279.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower Case ($99.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($75.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $1093.83
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-01-06 21:23 EST-0500)

Deleted
    Very solid build. Only difference I think I would make is the case but then again that's more personal preference. I would take a look at Corsair 400R/500R or Fractal Design Define R4 (USB 3.0, great cable management etc.).

Oh and change the RAM to 1600MHz and save yourself a few $

Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte 8GB 2X4GB
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2013-01-07 at 02:36 AM.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but that processor price is only available for in-store pick up. You listed shipping included with the price so I hope you noticed that. If you have then disregard this post.

I really like that corsair 400r case. I'll probably go with that. And the link I posted has the lowest price but I did realize that the 170 is in store only...it's 205 from newegg

The only suggestions I would make is that unless you're shooting for special financing by purchasing $xxx at one place, to be patient and watch for sales. Over the past couple of months, I've seen most of those exact parts, or equivalent parts for probably 15-20% cheaper than where you're at now. Not that you're getting ripped off, but if you've got a month or two, jump on 1-2 components every couple of weeks when you catch them on sale.

Find a 120GB SSD on sale for $70? Get it, and get the RAM next week, etc. Check back across those different sites at least weekly, and with some patience and research you can do that build for... $900-$1000 imo.

Edit: Not including OOP specials, and Black Friday / Xmas sales.

Also, how's that video card. That's one of the things I've never been that good at picking out. Is there an NVidia that's better in that price range?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lespaul5895 View Post
    Also, how's that video card. That's one of the things I've never been that good at picking out. Is there an NVidia that's better in that price range?
    7950 is in a really good spot for price/performance. If all you do is play WoW (WoW fan site) then a 7870 would be fine. For Nvidia you'd be looking at 660ti and 670.

Solid Video card, Nvidia's 660 Ti offers arguably better performance and can usually be had for $20-40 less, but you won't see a huge swing in graphical "ooomph" either way.

Edit: Notarget beat me. Curses! Foiled again!

Also, what he said is true. If you're just playing WoW, you won't even give a 7950 half of a workout.

I play WoW, CoD, Skyrim and DotA mainly. I just want something that would be decent for a while.

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 10:41 PM ----------

Also thinking of buying a new monitor. The deck I have limits the width the monitor can be though. It has to be 21.563" wide or less.

Anyone have any experience with

Acer S231HLbid
    or
    SAMSUNG B300

never tried acer monitors and from what i have heard very view have a tilt stand on them which is a deal breaker for me. im currently using a samsung monitor the Samsung S24B150BL and i love it the picture is so crisp and clear.the monitor you linked is better than mine i beleive so you should have no issue and samsung make brilliant monitors and tv

I've been looking at gpus and I have noticed that the 7950 is 3gb and the 660ti is only 2gb for the same price. Will this make a difference for gaming?

Deleted
    I've been looking at gpus and I have noticed that the 7950 is 3gb and the 660ti is only 2gb for the same price. Will this make a difference for gaming?
    For your gaming needs and average resolution it will have no impact.

I'm looking at 140mm case fans to add to the case. Anyone have any suggestions to powerful yet quiet fans that don't cost 30$ per? Also the fans on the side of the case should they be exhaust or intake?

Deleted
    Pay a little extra for the Corsair 500R (comes in white or black) and you'll have more than enough cooling with the default setup (check my build in signature).

I was actually looking at the 500R. It's got the 2 open fan slots on top and the one on bottom I was going to put fans in. I take it this would be overkill?

Deleted
    I was actually looking at the 500R. It's got the 2 open fan slots on top and the one on bottom I was going to put fans in. I take it this would be overkill?
    Pretty much, the cooling is quite good by default. You can always add more later if you need.

The next question is. WOuld it be more beneficial to drop the SSD and up the video card to a 670?

Deleted
    Instead of the 7950? No not at all. The 670 and 7950 are really close in performance and with your budget I'd definitely get the SSD.