Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

why was Tbc the only 10 lv xpac

im hopeing that the next xpac is the emerald dream and we all enter it and relive it all from 0-100

Quote Originally Posted by config View Post
    im hopeing that the next xpac is the emerald dream and we all enter it and relive it all from 0-100
    wotlk

next

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    wotlk

next

came here to post the same thing :<

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    wotlk

next
    Indeed there have been two 10 level expansions and two 5 level expansions seems pretty balanced to me.

They want to avoid getting to level 100 for as long as they can. That was the explanation I heard when cata was only 5 levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could try checking your information before starting a thread over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Wooooooooowwwwww...I don't even know what to say to this. XD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    They want to avoid getting to level 100 for as long as they can. That was the explanation I heard when cata was only 5 levels.
    but theres no reason they have to stop at 100, it was likely so that with each expac it doesn't take so long leveling alts. plus if theres less levels, they can get away with adding less new spells/talents i guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    but theres no reason they have to stop at 100, it was likely so that with each expac it doesn't take so long leveling alts. plus if theres less levels, they can get away with adding less new spells/talents i guess.
    Level 100 has a symbolic meaning in most games (and it feels like that for me aswell) that you are maxed out. Your char has achieved the strongest level he can get. In the end it's only a number, but I understand where Blizz is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Level 100 has a symbolic meaning in most games (and it feels like that for me aswell) that you are maxed out. Your char has achieved the strongest level he can get. In the end it's only a number, but I understand where Blizz is coming from.
    And if there's one thing Blizzard has done since they released wow it's broken away from tradition.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    Yeah. 100 is just a number. As the blues explained it, it had more to do with the feeling of leveling. With 10 levels you got a new trick every couple levels. Basically, half the levels were like, "Oh, look I dinged! But... nothing really changes. Okay, let's keep going."

Whereas, with 5 levels, you experience that feeling much less often.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

As they go through so much just to not hit lvl100, would that be a hint that maybe the lvl100 xpac i when Sargeras shows his face?

TBC and WotLK were both 10 level expansions. Cata and MoP were only 5. From my understanding, the reason the last two were only 5 levels was because they wanted new people to not get burnt out trying to get to the level cap in just starting the game

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

The original idea was wow ending with level 100 (this was mentioned in wrath i believe) with 3-4 more expansions (5/5/10 or 5/5/5/5). That being said I dont see them ending it so soon as it is still raking in money but that was the idea awhile back. I think, could be wrong.

Before you ask, no I wont go fishing around for the blue post or what ever it was, considering the age of it wouldnt be easy to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It was because they wanted to speed up the release of expansions, so instead of having to invest more time into making enough content for 10 levels, they just did 5 levels worth of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you wish to create an expansion discussion, but you turned it into something else because of your title. As many others have said before. WoTLK called, it wants some credits too.

- Else.. I don't hope for Emerald Dream, as many problems got fixed in there when Malfurion escaped. I am hoping for a sea going expansion. Nagas, Kul'Tiras, Blood Sail and so much more. Vashj'ir was just a teaser.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It would be cool to get some alternate progression paths if we make it to 100, some mmos have subclasses, you learn under your same character that you can switch to much as we switch specs. Mastering it in turn enhances your main class in a small way. Or perhaps "Hero" classes we can upgrade our main class too. Mage becoming Arcane lord, hunter becomes Beast master, etc etc. Just blatantly stealing from other MMOs but just examples.

Just something more then, hey, more levels!

It would be hilarious if the next expansion somehow had less levels and slowed down even more.... like "Emerald dream! Level to 92" "South Seas! Level to 94" "Eredar! Level to 96!" "Cataclyms part2 Outland revamped! Level to 98!" "Kill Sargeras! Level to 100!"

Cata was originally planned as a 5-level expansion because they weren't going to deepen talent trees, and instead allow you to go deeper into a second tree (allowing 51/25 builds and such). They later changed their minds on that and totally revamped the talent system, but by that point other stuff had been developed around that 5-level range and it wasn't worth changing.

Dunno why MoP was five levels, but now that they revamped talents even more thoroughly, it's almost completely irrelevant. It wouldn't much matter if the expansion was 5, 10, or 27 levels. It does get us back to a multiple of 10, at least.

I find it hard to believe that they're expending any particular effort to avoid level 100; it's just a number. If they really wanted to shut up "zomg lvl 100, it's the end of the game", they could just have that xpac take us past 100 and cap at 105

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoric View Post

Dunno why MoP was five levels
    Probably to round it out to 90. Who's to say the next expac won't go to 100?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a return to 10 lvl xpacs, the increase in character power feels far to great with only 5, It needs to feel more gradual, it was wickedly noticeable in Cataclysm and now with MoP, I'm hoping if the next xpac is legion based then hopefully they make it 90-100.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD