WW HM Will movement

im finding on HM will that the amount of movement im being expected 2 do is far too much im kicking/rolling across the ENTIRE room solo'ing strengths then immedietly following rolling across the entire room to get 2 a courage and in down time (if rages are clean which requires more movement) i go sit on bosses for about 6seconds to repeat it again. is this how other WW'ers are being treated on this boss? if you have killed this as a WW can u explain what ur guild has you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    im finding on HM will that the amount of movement im being expected 2 do is far too much im kicking/rolling across the ENTIRE room solo'ing strengths then immedietly following rolling across the entire room to get 2 a courage and in down time (if rages are clean which requires more movement) i go sit on bosses for about 6seconds to repeat it again. is this how other WW'ers are being treated on this boss? if you have killed this as a WW can u explain what ur guild has you doing?
    Uh, we don't really have melee on the bosses except during the breaks where they stay for 1-2 devastating combos. This is in 10m where we run ret/warrior and I'm the ret. Also if you have to do the majority of damage to courages something is wrong. They are almost always in danger zone of being hit by a combo.

As the strength "tank" you can't really be the slow assigned to courages because it isn't likely you'll always have you strength down before the courage spawns. So I think your assignments are a bit off.

Are you 25 or 10 ?

In our 25 group, what we do is, me as WW I tank one of the strengths, Other melee take care of the courage, and the distance help out where they can. I go to the boss at every break, but you can't stay enough for a Opportunistic Strike, you always arrive late and leave just when another one starts at max. If you are 10m you might be able to pull one off if you are lucky. But yeah i'm rolling everywhere, and tanking at my best with Fury Warriors hitting my strengths and generating a lot more aggro than me, it's quite funny. I'll try and fraps our kill from my PoV next week if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Are you 25 or 10 ?

In our 25 group, what we do is, me as WW I tank one of the strengths, Other melee take care of the courage, and the distance help out where they can. I go to the boss at every break, but you can't stay enough for a Opportunistic Strike, you always arrive late and leave just when another one starts at max. If you are 10m you might be able to pull one off if you are lucky. But yeah i'm rolling everywhere, and tanking at my best with Fury Warriors hitting my strengths and generating a lot more aggro than me, it's quite funny. I'll try and fraps our kill from my PoV next week if you want.
    Why dont you have any of the other melee with a +threat thing tank the strengths. Like have a Ret slap on that one buff, name escapes me.

Righteous Fury, thats it. It doesnt even notch down their DPS like Defensive stance would

pretty sure this is how most melee are "treated" on this boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Why dont you have any of the other melee with a +threat thing tank the strengths. Like have a Ret slap on that one buff, name escapes me.

Righteous Fury, thats it. It doesnt even notch down their DPS like Defensive stance would
    Because as a WW we have two spells to soak the sparks, easier for the tank to do it, we lose less dps on it. I usually get a Trick or a Hunt one of them (forgot the name), but sometimes I don't

And we don't have a Ret in our roster

In my guild (25 man) I am focusing the strengths and courage's. I help out on the rages when i have nothing else to do and jump on boss for the burn phases. I pretty much am focusing one side of the room though so the movement isn't a whole lot... Also set up my transcendence point where the courage spawns if needed. Not sure what your specific role is on the fight but that's pretty much what i've done as a WW on that fight.

During our will because of diffuse magic and zen meditate i was the primary spark tank and because of leg sweep and FoF we help keep rages cc'd as well. As a melee yes we gotta fly around the area for the few seconds we are on the boss to a courage spawning and when rages are up. Will is a pretty difficult fight and requires lots of coordination to get down so its not bad to feel flustered doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuh View Post
    Because as a WW we have two spells to soak the sparks, easier for the tank to do it, we lose less dps on it. I usually get a Trick or a Hunt one of them (forgot the name), but sometimes I don't

And we don't have a Ret in our roster
    I guess I was spoiled. Our rogue solos every spark and I saved Diffuse Magic and such for oh shit moments, i.e. he couldnt get a spark and it was heading to raid.
    Having to tank the strengths was hellish though, it's one of the few things I'm glad about regarding being forced into BrM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendepityz View Post
    I didn't find it hard to do the combination on heroic mode (25 man), however the night we killed it we had the Windwalker Monks helping out with a stun rotation with the DK's (pulling) on the adds. Other than that, I really like the dancing part of the fight itself, its good fun and I find it really easy to do without rolls as well

In regards to the Strenghts we had 2 rogues tanking them, 1 on each side and taking the spark with their CD's after. The dancing crew so to speak were only dancing and helping out with the Courages.

in reponse to all little more information, 10man Comp= prot warrior/pally subbing between rsham/disc/rdruid M dps= WW,F DK R DPS= mage,hunter,balance,warlock
    between us melle we dident really have a designated tank we both just ran over and whoever had threat had threat. one thing i noticed when i was bored on a late night wipe pull was i can actually soaking sparks with flying serpent kick manging to kick through the spark and out range the explosion. however it is very RNG based i found this kinda fun to try :P but it is taking away from my uptime between courages/stengths/boss. we had our F dk's priority Strength>courage>Rages if not targetted>boss i was ignoring rages after adds started coming out