Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why are warlocks getting nerfd in 5.2 when Arena rep is low?

Is Ghostcrawler still getting owned by warlocks 1v1? on his mage

10+ Year Old Account
    They've said it quite a few times they don't consider class rep to be any representative of class quality.

Also, GC's main is a frost DK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    for the brazillionth time.. they dont balance around 1v1. just because you think its a nerf doesnt mean it actually is. fixing something that is broken is necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    for the brazillionth time.. they dont balance around 1v1. just because you think its a nerf doesnt mean it actually is. fixing something that is broken is necessary.
    But compensation should be expected when it's not the class that's overpowered, it's just a single ability - arguably the one that's keeping the class arena-worthy at that.

I struggle to consider the "new" blood fear compensation, especially when it's alongside some minor and arguably justified, small pve nerfs that will nevertheless hurt the class a bit in pvp.

Deleted
    Well blood fear did need a nerf but the moment I read that word "re-desgined" I knew we we're screwed .

I've read that word before when they nerfd conflagerate in wrath put that stupid 3 second dot on it.

The nerf to affliction for pve might be justified but tbh I see plenty of other classes blowing up the meters more than affliction locks. The nerf to destruction on the other hand is really stupid destruction is already really poor in pve and people have already stopped taking sac as a talent because of the really bad re-design of chaos bolt with sac. The same applies to pvp as you can't chain cast chaos bolt with sac without loosing the dot damage (plus of course trinket and dark soul).

Uh, flat damage reductions aren't nerfs?

On topic, we're having retarded mechanics removed if you're talking about Blood Fear and silence on Spell Lock. If they went through every class and remove their own particular retarded mechanics, the game would be a better place.

What I can't believe are the survivability nerfs. Halving pet sac? Really? I feel like my survivability is already trash, and that Dark Bargain/SL+Sac are better overall talents as it is without this.
    Last edited by Tya; 2013-01-07 at 08:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Uh, flat damage reductions aren't nerfs?
    yah again.. lets jump to conclusions. just because you think its a nerf doesnt mean it really is. the first week of the PTR isnt even finished, and people think this stuff is set in stone already. how about wait till we see what else happens.. something else gets buffed? its called a test server for a reason.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

yah again.. lets jump to conclusions. just because you think its a nerf doesnt mean it really is. the first week of the PTR isnt even finished, and people think this stuff is set in stone already. how about wait till we see what else happens.. something else gets buffed? its called a test server for a reason.
    So if it's not a nerf, what is it then?

Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Pretty sure GC plays a lock now. I mean look at all the new stuff locks have gotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    So if it's not a nerf, what is it then?
    id call it half finished. maybe there is some gear that is causing too much burst? maybe there is a buff going in some place else? maybe it is incorrect data-mined stuff? basically.. YOU are jumping to conclusions, and trying to get people scared for no reason. its too soon to QQ.

Deleted
    No, GoSac will be nerfed for Affliction and Destruction because it basically is the only option for those specs in PvE. They stated time and time again that they don't want this to be the case. And lets face it, Affliction is a little bit on the strong side in PvE at the moment, so a 2% nerf will not hit us that hard, especially considering that Mages are getting nerfed as well. However, they really need to compensate the GoSac nerf for Destruction in some way, because else the spec will be completely dead. Somehow I feel like they won't do anything about that though.

Let me quote Nagassh from another Thread, who summed up the Blood Fear problem very nicely:

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Yup, but it's pissing in the ocean really.

Blood Fear is overpowered - I don't think anyone will argue against that, but warlocks seem pretty weak as a whole in pvp - blood fear was one of the few bits of wreckage that was keeping them afloat. The fact that BF is rightfully being nerfed isn't the biggest issue, it's that no shine is being put elsewhere.

New blood fear either needs multiple charges and / or a reduced health cost, though frankly I'd rather have something that isn't a fear.

It's one of those cases where PvE nerfs are affecting PvP. Not unlike all the PvP nerfs that affect PvE.

Buff conflag imo, would help destro in PvE and PvP without doing something gamebreaking. Might want to look into reverting that CB nerf as well since people will have more resi (and if some nitwit wants to argue they also get more PvP power, go read the thread about resi and pvp power stickied in the PvP section of these forums first). The only people it is capable of blowing up are people who stack PvP power and only if you do that yourself as well (which I admit to doing due to mainly playing RBG's). I'd also like to see death coil CD reduced to 30 sec to make it viable on line with howl and sfury, at the moment it's a 3 sec single target CC (potentially 2 as destro) on a 45 sec CD. The only reason to pick it right now is if you play destro as ML/healer since we got blood fear, once 5.2 hits howl will be a lot better since fear won't be DR'ed much due to no blood fear.

Other things to look into are AV (needs a buff, it doesn't compete with KJ or MF right now) and pet scaling with resi. If they want us to use pets they need to make them worth having, at the moment they die to everything (though this is a global problem, not only for locks). Buff the health funnel glyph a bit maybe? They also really need to fix the delay between someone dropping to 20% and when we can use shadowburn. At the moment it takes about a global, which makes it a really shitty execute (if someone is kept under 20% for a global they are most likely dead regardless of executes because that means they're out of defensives and their healer is CC'd).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    /sigh

Another one of these. I guess you didn't get enough sympathy from the official forums?
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Warlocks in PVE...lets just ignore all speccs except for arcane mages and argue that mages might even be better on some encounters and start calling for buffs....get real, folks.
    Arcane and Affli both are doing way too much dmg atm. Arcane mages still don't have unlimited movement, locks usually do, even if it's a little slower.
    They both need nerfs and some other speccs need buffs, the difference in dmg overall is too high. Arcane got hit pretty hard with 5.2; I expect more nerfs pve wise for affli - something like dot dmg and scaling -5%.
    If your personal opinion/experience doesn't reflect this, it is due to player skill/gear/boss mechanics like Lei Shi (heroic).
    Changes are not determined by the top100 parses of a specc, more by overall parses of a specc. Just take a look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Low representation in high end Arena for a class that has a low global representation just suggests the class isn't overpowered. I saw some numbers someone pulled from various sources that Arena representation is actually about where it should be relative to the overall representation of the class with a preferential skew toward playing Destro over the other specs.

why nerf warlocks hmm cos every other class is filled with little wining suckers that go "MIMIMI my 2 button dk got nerfed fufufufufufufuf" while warlocks accepted the fact that we get buffed at every start and from then on it's downhill

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laurean View Post
    Warlocks in PVE...lets just ignore all speccs except for arcane mages and argue that mages might even be better on some encounters and start calling for buffs....get real, folks.
    Arcane and Affli both are doing way too much dmg atm. Arcane mages still don't have unlimited movement, locks usually do, even if it's a little slower.
    They both need nerfs and some other speccs need buffs, the difference in dmg overall is too high. Arcane got hit pretty hard with 5.2; I expect more nerfs pve wise for affli - something like dot dmg and scaling -5%.
    If your personal opinion/experience doesn't reflect this, it is due to player skill/gear/boss mechanics like Lei Shi (heroic).
    Changes are not determined by the top100 parses of a specc, more by overall parses of a specc. Just take a look.
    we get nerfed with 5.2 for pve .. retard no go back play makebeleve dps with your mage

Except locks have traditionally had a higher representation in the high end of the bracket due to class being strong since TBC which has caused a lot of top PvP'ers to play play the class consistently for a while. When a high percentage of the top players play the class, yet it is poorly represented in that bracket then it suggests that either they changed class or the class is not capable of performing well enough in that environment. Either way this means the class has some pretty big problems and needs to be looked at a second time, it definitely does not mean that blanket nerfs under the justification that they do well in PvE (which is really only aff) is a good idea. Especially since you can do a PvE damage nerf and compensate PvP in other ways. Getting rid of blood fear is still a good a idea, but that means buffs in other areas are more justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Shagina View Post
    Except locks have traditionally had a higher representation in the high end of the bracket due to class being strong since TBC
    IN tbc (SL/SL), not since.

Because the stuff they nerf is OP as fuck and it's great for the class and the game if they get rid of it. What sucks is that they don't know how to compensate which will make it very likely that Warlocks won't get represented in the top tier comps next season either. But keep this in mind: as long as they keep nerfing other classes Warlocks will get better.