Deleted

Best smartphone for 250-300euro?

Hello guys i want to buy a smartphone in 1-2weeks and i was wondering which is the best in terms of CPU/RAM?

I want it be capable of running emulators PSX mainly (Castlevania FTW).

Thanks in advance !

Deleted
    I'd say Nexus 4 on Google Play. It's 300 euros.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelayah View Post
    I'd say Nexus 4 on Google Play. It's 300 euros.
    Pretty much this. For some reason we can't seem to get it here in Europe, but if you're in the US...
    It's pretty much instant buy for me

Deleted
    I assume it's this one ? http://ubuycheap.skroutzstore.gr/p.S...ne.747782.html

Sorry part of it is in Greek.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 07:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Pretty much this. For some reason we can't seem to get it here in Europe, but if you're in the US...
    I can find it in Greece O_o , u sure u can't get it in the rest of Europe?

Nexus 4 is only cheap if you life in a country where google offers it, so don't bother buying it at a store (totally not worth the premium price)

However the Galaxy S2 is below that price range which is also a great phone.

Samsung Galaxy S2 hands down

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Nexus 4 is only cheap if you life in a country where google offers it, so don't bother buying it at a store (totally not worth the premium price)

However the Galaxy S2 is below that price range which is also a great phone.
    Galaxy S2 is definitely a good pick.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Galaxy S2 is definitely a good pick.
    why not the s3 or all of the new smartphones? not available or something? nexus4 is pretty much top of the line for phone cpu/ram and the igpu is good enough for every game out there. galaxy note 2 would make a great phone for someone who wants to play games on it.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

I woul'd go with the Nokia Lumia 800 or 900, both are under 300 euros. And i have found few GB emulators for WP7 so far, but i am sure there is PSX too

If you have a phone already you could also pick Nexus 7 for everything else.

Deleted
    Thanks for the input no i don't have a phone atm :P

Nexus 4, by far. If you don't care about specs, a jailbroken iphone 4s could be pretty sweet, just because of the sheer amount of apps

Quote Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
    why not the s3 or all of the new smartphones? not available or something? nexus4 is pretty much top of the line for phone cpu/ram and the igpu is good enough for every game out there. galaxy note 2 would make a great phone for someone who wants to play games on it.
    Galaxy S2 not note mate, and it's within his budget, Nexus is not available in several countries yet and in my country it's only available from private retailers and goes for 3x of the price offered by google.

10+ Year Old Account
    x3 the price is because LG has a different pricing than Google themselves, IIRC Google Play Store isn't available in Europe yet. (The play store where you can order for example phones)

It was brought up in this forum some time ago, but I can't seem to find it.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    TL;DR I saw a unicorn. That's gonna make you want to read it, hehehehehe.

You can purchase it in the UK and as someone else has said, Greece. Probably most other countries too.
    Now, my opinion. Although someone said the two nokia phones, don't. I have owned the 800, the screen scratches really easily. I'm not saying normal smartphone easy, like you touch it with even the slightest hint of a key and the screen just explodes in a whirlwind of glass shards. Or maybe when mine was made the machine decided to have a fit and fitted mine with some sort of extra weakened glass. But it is very tough though, it is Gorilla glass, so it won't break. Or, you could be wise and buy a screen protector, but it's that fragile it probably won't work either.
    My recommendation is the Nexus 4, just buy a screen protector. It has nearly the amount of apps as Apple's infamous App Store, infact, Google's own store is set to overtake Apple as the No.1 App collection.
    It is top of the line, literally, it is on par or better than most/all/99% of phones out now.
    To be brutally honest, no one cares about apps. "But I use apps everyday!" I hear you scream. Yes. You will use angry birds. You will use kik or whatsapp, and you can find messengers on all app stores. But they are not essential. And, all the apps that anyone uses anyway are on both stores, including windows store aswell. Anyone who criticizes a perfectly good phone for an 'app store' is a total and utter idiot. Even Symbian has a decent app store, with all the apps you will use anyway. So please, if you could, list some of the apps that you use everyday. I guarantee that they are Windows Phone marketplace, Apple's appstore, and the Android market. Don't list a pile of shit either like '3D wallpapers' or 'voice dictation <insert software brand here>', because seriously, those are just pointless. Everyone I know would rather type out a text on their phone, rather than saying it, waiting for the phone to catch up, and then going back and re correcting every error the phone made. There are so many shitty opinions that people spew out when it comes with smartphones, anyone that is purchasing a smartphone PLEASE, I beg of you, do not take opinions. FIND THE PHONE THAT IS RIGHT. FOR. YOU! Go to the shop, test it out for yourself. Find that perfect feel. Don't buy a huge clunky device, that is too big for you, and it's got really shitty features and specs 'just because someone said you should buy it'. Yes I do recognize the irony of me suggesting a phone, and then saying do not take suggestions. But it IS OK to listen to suggestions, just do not base your purchase off of one.
    The reason I am being like this is because my shitty Nokia Lumia 800 picks up scratches, as I said, really easily, and I've had it for 7 days and already the screen is littered with marks. Before you go 'KEYS' or 'GRIT' or whatever, no. It has only been in EMPTY pockets, with nothing else in them, and the screen (I make sure of this) is ALWAYS face up. /rantover

Edit: Please stop generalizing Europe as your own country. Not being specific to anyone here, but please dont/stop. Plenty of countries have the play store.
    Last edited by mmocb5e225659b; 2013-01-07 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips all

if you're out for emulators i'd get an xperia play. it emulates everything out there without problems (thought it's dated) and nothing can beat the gamepad it offers.
    it costs about 200