Roughly how much would it cost for a trip to Blizzcon?

I have never been, always wanted to but never had the money. Now I have the extra cash and think this is the year, considering it may just be one of the best cons ever. My question is mostly to people that have actually been before, how much should I expect to drop on a trip to blizzcon? I will probably end up staying for 3-5 days regardless, and my girlfriend is going with me, so I could see this becoming a good 2-3k sink.

Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would need to know country travelling from as a good starter.
    Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get to feel the warmth it brings.

Vermont, United states. Pretty much on the other side of the country from california.

~$1000 on flights and ~$125-175 per night for the hotel, whatever food and transport you want to get as well. $350+ for 2 tickets as well, assuming you can get them before they sell out.

Plane tickets will be cheap as hell soon enough, then it's all about a hotel and spending money. I can't see it costing but a few thousand for two people. And yes, I'm assuming you live in North America.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    ~$1000 on flights and ~$125-175 per night for the hotel, whatever food and transport you want to get as well. $350+ for 2 tickets as well, assuming you can get them before they sell out.
    1000$ on flights :O That is what it would probably cost for me to travel from Sweden

When I went, I paid about $275 for 3 nights in a hotel, about $1200 for the flight, $200 for the ticket (off ebay from someone else who bought extras) and took about $400 for food and souvenirs. I recommend having more than $400 left over though, because I had only $5 in cash left on me by the time I headed back home, and that could've been a very bad situation to be in if something had gone wrong.

Deleted
    Can't you check your airport's site or somewhere where you would buy tickets? And there are also plenty of sites with available rooms and rates. Why ask here?

On a side note, how much would a couple of hookers cost that I'd send to GC's room in hopes of him changing wild mushrooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    1000$ on flights :O That is what it would probably cost for me to travel from Sweden
    You are one person, not two!

If it cost $1000 just for a flight there, that would be ridiculous. It cost me $1200 for a round trip with one passenger going from Washington, DC to Cali.

Deleted
    Oh! Totally missed the 2 person thingie >_<

Using the completely made-up dates of October 10th through the 15th, going from Burlington Intl in Vermont to LAX cost me roughly $500 per person, so a grand for two, going through Expedia.com. Hotels are as cheap as you're willing them to be. The closer to the convention center you are, the more expensive it will be. A rental car bumps things up around... what, another 200$? Let's so if the room is, on average, let's say $70 a night (a decent place), yeah, you're looking at around $2k+ most likely when you add the price of con tickets, food, and spending money.

Plan it way way in advance and get a package deal on a hotel, flight, and possibly rental car. Your wallet will thank you later.

round trip to LAX from just about anywhere is between $400 and $600 per person (counting baggage checks). so you're at $1200 high end in airfare. $300 per ticket, so $1800. depending on the hotel, but Anaheim is not cheap (thank you disneyland) you could be at $85-90 a night (that's the low end hotels), we're at $2100 for 3 days ($2300 for 5). $400 in spending money (that's a saftey guess. I don't know how you are, but I am a very frugal traveler so that's super high to me). So yeah, between $2k and $3k is a good estimate. That assumes you pay for all your gf's expenses too.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.