Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Why are most Horde players so hostile towards alliance players

Whenever I go on One of my horde alts and tell them I am alliance, I get inevitably bashed. When I am on my Alliance characters, most people don't care if they are playing with someone who's main is horde. Why is this?

Deleted
    FOR THE HOOOOOOORDE! Death to all Alliance scum! Traitor!

Also, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal (and completely useless).

Because your sample size for making any decent argument is far too small.

/thread
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Well, with me it's a different story.

When I come on my ally and I say i'm Horde, they immediately say that the Horde races are ugly and un-cool (Say the Gayelfs of Teldrassil who are really arrogant for some reason)

And hey, atleast my Horde isn't ganking ppl at the dark portal when they just teleported and a Human Warrior charges in, when he starts to lose 1vs1 his Bubbledin charges in and shields..

Same reason why I was attacked by 2 Alliance today and I killed them both, repeatedly, even tho I was not after a fight? The whole "Alliance has more healers" "Alliance suck in BGS" "Horde is more hostile" is age old and not interesting anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    FOR THE HOOOOOOORDE! Death to all Alliance scum! Traitor!

Also, anecdotal evidence is anecdotal (and completely useless).
    WRAAAARW my Horde brother! Let's smite these Alliance dogs.

~ stuff, the best thing ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Are u a pirate or something? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post

/thread
    ^ that, "I logged on horde and X happened" means nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Whenever I go on One of my horde alts and tell them I am alliance, I get inevitably bashed. When I am on my Alliance characters, most people don't care if they are playing with someone who's main is horde. Why is this?
    Truth, only with factions switched around.

Seriously, though, it happens on both sides. You just didn't see it happen.
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkbonk100 View Post
    Same reason why I was attacked by 2 Alliance today and I killed them both, repeatedly, even tho I was not after a fight? The whole "Alliance has more healers" "Alliance suck in BGS" "Horde is more hostile" is age old and not interesting anymore.
    Interesting or not, it's still a valid question. I too have noticed that, at least on my server, Alliance does not care if you have horde characters; on the contrary, a lot of times they'll ask you to spy for them as they get ready to raid towns or do Sha or whatever. On Horde side, if I mention I have an Alliance character, I get some of the most vulgar responses ever, to the point that I simply start reporting people. I mean, I can understand a healthy support for your faction and all, but some of the responses I've received are just...well, ridiculous is putting it lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

/thread
    sadly MOST people have no clue about this or do not care. there are many threads like this, and not only here on mmo-c. "most", "all", "every". hate it.

edit:
    the word you're looking for is "some".

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play Alliance and i can say im hostile toward horde players in game and RL, Im from chicago area and i consider the rivalry to be as serious as Bears Vs packers. There is only some much lowbie ganking a person can take! Laughing skull -US
    Last edited by Junir; 2013-01-07 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    On most servers the alliance seems to outnumbers the horde so we get to learn to hate the alliance especially on pvp servers.
    On servers with a reverse ratio you'll probably find the opposite.

/thread
    Sample size to small? Just look around on mmoc then. If you are alliance you get pissed on by all the cool horde guys because "FOR THE HORDE".

Quote Originally Posted by lloskka View Post
    Are u a pirate or something? XD
    Noes I am a priest and I smite my enemies with rays of shadowy light!
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

I dont normally mention it, I never think of mentioning it tbh,

Have done a few times when I say pop hero please, and a few people have banter with me about being a spy, then I just play along and say nu uh I disagree with the alliance and left, I now reside with the elfs in silvermoon!

Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Happens the other way around, too. Try calling for bloodlust in an alliance LFR raid... much fun and some bashing is guaranteed.

Because more people who either take wow too seriously or use wow as an outlet for their pent-up asshole-itude pick horde because of it's 'badass' look and mentality.

Deleted
    my memory tells me both sides got jackasses running around that bash you for having a char on the other faction.
    the sane ones you wont hear cause they dnt care.

Deleted
    I play both factions, the majority of people I know play horde. Never had any bitching, faction pride is just daft. I love the story behind horde, but wouldn't be an ass just cause someone plays a different faction to me. When I'm on my horde, alliance must die. When I'm on my alliance, horde must die.