Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I thought this game had a horde vs alliance, red vs blue thing going on?
    why shouldn't we be hostile

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I thought this game had a horde vs alliance, red vs blue thing going on?
    why shouldn't we be hostile
    Not when they jump on an alt on your side, then you try to convert them.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPnoob View Post
    Whenever I go on One of my horde alts and tell them I am alliance, I get inevitably bashed. When I am on my Alliance characters, most people don't care if they are playing with someone who's main is horde. Why is this?
    Because people are like that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    "Most"? Seriously? Like...you talked to 4 million players? And 2.5 million were hostile? Or how many did you REALLY talk to and now just make a sweeping generalization?

Since I play both Ally and Horde and my Horde friends know I have Ally chars I cannot confirm your observations.
    Most that he encounters. It's not that hard to understand. Aggressive responces like yours only go to prove him right.

Because when I see you Alliance bumbling around in front of me acting like you don't have a care in the world it's like waving a steak in front of a hungry dog.

Well I have been playing since launch and I have raided end game content on both sides. In my experience it seemed like there was a lot of younger players that played alliance and were generally annoying.

Also anyone who follows lore knows you are all racist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tadin View Post
    It is obviously because Horde has faction pride while Alliance has none.

Horde is based around hardships and enduring said hardships.

Alliance is a couple of old ladies drinking tea, talking about random stuff.
    this is actually so true, and exactly what tides of war makes alliance seem like

Team sprit?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Whenever I go on One of my horde alts and tell them I am alliance, I get inevitably bashed. When I am on my Alliance characters, most people don't care if they are playing with someone who's main is horde. Why is this?
    Becuase "For the Horde" is something they seem to be proud of. "For the Alliance" is just a wanna-be-horde thing, it's not the same lol.

Deleted
    This kind of behavior occurs on both of the factions, let it be 'aggressive' or 'passive' such as the situations you described in your post. I'd call it rather silly to think that all or even a notably large margin acts negatively to ones choice of faction, let it be Alliance or Horde.
    That being said, there are also people on both of the factions that indeed have a hostile attitude to their counterparts. I'll make a risky statement and claim that these sorts of personalities go pretty evenly between the two factions.
    In this situation OP, you just stumbled upon Horde players that do, in fact, think that Alliance and the people who favors this faction are scum and should be scolded as the scum they are. Same goes for the Alliance players, these people just didn't really have an interest in the matter.
    Pure "luck" in terms of player personalities you encountered. This situation could have been totally upside down: The Horde players could have been the ones that don't really care whereas the Alliance could have been the one to act negatively, bashing and so forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure "most" Horde players don't give a damn, and most of the ones who seem to probably don't either beyond tweaking or trolling you a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Interesting or not, it's still a valid question. I too have noticed that, at least on my server, Alliance does not care if you have horde characters; on the contrary, a lot of times they'll ask you to spy for them as they get ready to raid towns or do Sha or whatever. On Horde side, if I mention I have an Alliance character, I get some of the most vulgar responses ever, to the point that I simply start reporting people. I mean, I can understand a healthy support for your faction and all, but some of the responses I've received are just...well, ridiculous is putting it lightly.
    lol you say, a lot of times they'll ask you to spy for them as they get ready to raid towns or do Sha or whatever, then wonder why horde would consider you a traitor when you have just said alli asked you to spy for them so they can kill raid bosses (including horde faction leader), the amount of times on my server that alli alts have messed with horde galleon pulls until alliance can get numbers together, is it any wonder we hate traitors who are mostly only horde to screw with us and give more advantage to the alliance who already greatly outnumber us

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate horde too, and gank, kill or mutilate them every chance i get anywhere, but it is PART of the game, and it suppossed to be. I don't actually want people who in RL play horde any harm or whatever, but in the game, I think its common to let loose.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Because of Gnomes. /thread

not enough alliance players have pride they believe they get the shit end of the stick when it comes to content and development and have an inferiority complex .

i main alliance and im not like that i have pride in my faction. ESARUS THAR NO DARADOR! BY BLOOD AND HONOR WE SERVE! REMEMBER THERAMORE @_@ RAWR
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The hostility is because the Horde and Alliance are at war.

Deleted
    - Snipped myself for irrelevance to topic -
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-07 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try being in a position of leadership or guidance, no matter how small, on the Horde side after having been Alliance for years after years.

"Okay, and at roughly 30%, hit hero."
    "... what."
    ".. LUST. Hit Bloodlust!"
    "... THAT PRIEST IS A SPY."
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes....
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostSkull View Post
    The hostility is because the Horde and Alliance are at war.
    Yeeeeeah.. But there's a diffrence between battling eachother in game or harassing eachother in the chat system. Never forget that

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Becuase "For the Horde" is something they seem to be proud of. "For the Alliance" is just a wanna-be-horde thing, it's not the same lol.
    Just FYI, "For the Alliance" originated in Warcraft II (ironically, it was shouted by the High Elves, many of whom are now Blood Elves of the Horde).
    "For the Horde" only came in Warcraft III. So, "For the Alliance" is the original battlecry, and "For the Horde" is the ripoff.
    Yak. Yak never changes.