Deleted

MoP enchant effects

Hello,

Anyone else think the enchant effects of the MoP enchants look aweful compared to the old ones from cata, wotlk or tbc (can't remember the wotlk ones) ?

I was leveling a 85 alt from the cata era and i had to let go of a 1H with landslide on it, i realy missed the look of it for atleast 1 level.

I know there where some people complaining about the fact that they didn't realy see their weapon(s) anymore and wanted an option to turn the enchants off, but i want those special looking enchants back. I'm not happy with a silly yellow, blue or green glow.

Mop ones looks alot better than Cataclysms enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgierro View Post
    Hello,

Anyone else think the enchant effects of the MoP enchants look aweful compared to the old ones from cata, wotlk or tbc (can't remember the wotlk ones) ?

I was leveling a 85 alt from the cata era and i had to let go of a 1H with landslide on it, i realy missed the look of it for atleast 1 level.

I know there where some people complaining about the fact that they didn't realy see their weapon(s) anymore and wanted an option to turn the enchants off, but i want those special looking enchants back. I'm not happy with a silly yellow, blue or green glow.
    Thought they were made the way they are now because someone complained you couldn't see the actual weapon underneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garush View Post
    Mop ones looks alot better than Cataclysms enchant.
    Also, lolno.

Cata had to go, they were just way too over the top.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    Cata had to go, they were just way too over the top.
    Exactly. I'd love enchants like in cata, but they would have to be visible only when the enchant procs.. Not always, some of them looked awful, when they were visible all the time.

Cata enchants had way too much glow on them, mop ones are okay. I sure miss the Mongoose/Executioner era (sure they were glowy but it was an "Okay" glowy not over the top), I did homever love the way they made Berserking in Wotlk look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone complained about the effects on cataclysm enchants, so they simplified it, now people are complaining about the latter?

Deleted
    I didn't complain in cata, but i know alot of people did.

Maybe they should make something in between, not over the top cata style but not like it is now.

I know blizzard can't please everyone at the same time so i will have to live with it,

Only Landslide was seriously overkill, Dagger enchanted with Landslide looked like pieces of dirt with the rough shape of a dagger.

And if you had 2H with Landslide and were flying, it looked you and your mount suffer from diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Everyone complained about the effects on cataclysm enchants, so they simplified it, now people are complaining about the latter?
    Exactly, personally I felt the Cataclysm ones were fantastic.

i miss the mongoose effect.
    do what you feel.

I miss the option to turn off enchant visual effects. It's bad enough they nerfed Elegions size by 50%, but that stupid glow makes it look like im swinging a handful of blue mist at my enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    Turns out WoW is large enough to contain multiple groups of people who have different opinions on virtually every subject. The world makes much more sense if you stop treating it like a monolithic, uniform block.

I prefer MoP enchants over Cata. With transmog, I want to see my weapon, not some stupid effect.