Deleted

Jewelcrafting/Engineering

Hi guys,

i've had JC/Enchanting for years now and i want to swap it up abit. I never really make money from jewelcrafting and i've always wanted to be an engineer. So i was wondering how much it costs to level engi fully? And is it worth the swap? I love all the little gadgets etc you can get from Engis.

10-15k
    U cannot earn super much with unless the blingtron gives u a kyparium rocket or world spinner in his gift :P

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    I earn enough from my farm/enchanting im just bored of JC. Been with these professions since tbc!

Engi would be a huge upgrade in terms of fun going from JC, I mean....click all three of my toons, my paladin is sad without engi :/ but, if you're making plenty of money without JC, you could roll engi for fun, and yeah 10-15k would be about the price.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Ive never ever ever leveled a profession 1-MAX while leveling any character. I get right to level cap, and drop gold to level the profession. The system is super tedious and lame, and honestly, SWTOR kind of had a cool system where you didn't have to sit at the Anvil in the capital city just to up your professions. It let you send your companions to do them for you (gather, craft, diplomacy missons or w/e they were) while you kept on leveling!

Anyways, it's going to matter on your server. 10-15k, mmm never. I've done maybe 3-5k on average each time I bought my way through the profession. And oddly enough I've only done just JC/Engineer. JC maybe 6 times and Engineer like 3.

Deleted
    Might be a crazy idea but if you don't want to spend thousands for leveling engi you could always drop ench for mining, mine all the necessary materials and then level your engi with them I did that once... didn't take too long (especially that you can fly everywhere now) and I sold all the spare materials for extra profit :3

and engi is amazing, I can't live without my portals (I know we have portals in capital but engi ones are way cooler) or jeeves <3

I changed to engineering for the beginning of mop and it was only around 6k tops

I recently changed out herbalism for engineering, I farmed a majority of the required mining mats so it only costed me around 4-5k gold. It is a fun profession to have maxed out, and you can sell the Mist Piercing Goggles, Tinker gems, and Ghost Iron Dragonlings for profit usually.

Engineering has a lot of utility. Goblin glider, Rocket boots, Synapse Springs etc. Great profession, costly tho.

Deleted
    Spend 5k to lvl up engineering 3 days ago. Have to admit its fun and with great utility but not that profitable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 2 engineers, 10-15k sounds like a good estimate. It's definitely one of the more expensive profs.

Leveled Engineering from 1 to 600 in about 75 minutes last night for about 10.2k. Foolishly bought all the materials the guide told me to and ended up wasting a bunch due to lucky skill-ups.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Leveled Engineering from 1 to 600 in about 75 minutes last night for about 10.2k. Foolishly bought all the materials the guide told me to and ended up wasting a bunch due to lucky skill-ups.
    Haha yeah. The guides are great but I've realized it only takes about 80% of what it suggests for most parts of most professions thanks to the guild perk.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Guides helped me quite a bit, but use your brain.