Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are there any 7 year old games that have increasing enthusiasm? I'm guessing - no. The game is old. No matter what Blizz does, it will not create more enthusiasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I agree the game does feel like a hamster wheel...you spend weeks/months gearing up...they release a new patch meaning you have to spend more weeks/months gearing up then they release a new expansion and everyone's power level resets...Why would i want to gear up when i can just play at the start of the expansion/ patch, experience everything, move to a different game then return when they release a new patch >.<
    It's always been like this, there always has to be a carrot at the end of the stick or you would stop playing.

I really think there should be a new forum rule to never post another WoW is dead or dying thread. Because I don't really want to put up with this until the next expansion again.

I agree the game does feel like a hamster wheel...you spend weeks/months gearing up...they release a new patch meaning you have to spend more weeks/months gearing up then they release a new expansion and everyone's power level resets...Why would i want to gear up when i can just play at the start of the expansion/ patch, experience everything, move to a different game then return when they release a new patch >.<
    Thats funny. I know a couple of entire guilds that do this with WOW.

They run everything WOW has to offer, sees the content, then quits WOW till either the next expansion or close to it. Just back into WOW to see whats happened, see the content at it's end before the new expansion and then start the process all over again.

There thoughts were, way pay blizzard for the repetition when you can just stop paying them, wait 10 months, jump back into the game for a couple months and stop paying blizzard when you have seen it all.

So many other more interesting games that extra money can go to.

It seems to work as there is nothing those guilds have missed out on it seems and they have all saved quite a bit of cash. It's been a win/win for them.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-01-07 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lomak View Post
    Not sure what there is to keep people interested in playing this game anymore. They just keep reintroducing the same quests as "daily's" (as if a game having something called a 'daily' wasn't bad enough to begin with) and call it a game.

Sorry but for something to keep my interest it has to be fun and at least somewhat challenging.
    If you think the only thing there is to do in WoW is dailies then I can see where you're coming from.

I hate don't mind dailies to be honest, but the thing that really grinds my gears about it this go-round is how it's gated. In Cata you could go do dungeons after you did your dailies and rack up all the rep you want if you were willing to put in the time and do the work. In BC you could do turn-in quests and farm mobs. Again, all the rep you want if you're willing to put in the time and do the work.

The thing that bugs me about Mists now is that even if you're willing to do 109342309842 dailies a day and still grind mobs and do turn-ins and do dungeons, you're going to whack that glass ceiling eventually and there's nothing you can do about it, no matter how much work you're willing to do nor how much time you're willing to invest.

When it comes to an MMO, that really, REALLY sucks.

The reason you don't see much activity as much as you did in Cataclysm is because....MoP is not an alt friendly expansion.

Cataclysm was by far the most alt friendly of all expansions as you did not need to do 5 LFRs and 13 Heroic Dungeons on every single character in order to cap out on your Valor Points every week as well as 45 Daily quests a day in order to get all the experience you needed for gear and rep. Cataclysm was 2 LFRs and 4 Dungeons and you were done on that toon unless you raided.

I enjoyed playing my alts in Cataclysm, I loved experiencing the game from another perspective. However I don't get that enjoyment from MoP due to the fact I have to pour all my time and effort into my main character in order to progress it. Maybe once I'm done with the legendary chain (2 more weeks, 4085/6000) I can relax and start progressing another alt but at the moment, I have to budget my time between work, home, and game.

I had 9 alts and my main toon for a total of 10 characters at level 85, in full epics, and raid ready at the drop of a hat if we needed a spot filled in one of our 2 10 man groups (we lost 8 people due to the....Dragon Soul) Now in mop, I have...3 toons raid ready, My DK (Main), hunter, and Monk with my warrior slowly progressing up (87) the rest, my Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Priest, Mage and Warlock are still at lvl 85.

A simple fix to this problem, that is NOT a reputation buff, is to buff Valor of the Ancients - Make it give 200% valor instead as that would allow alts to cap out just doing LFRs. my thoughts on the dwindling pop of pandaria, however I still sub, I still love the game to death, just not playing outside raids and capping valor atm cause I cant bring myself to do so.

All of my servers are still medium. The game has been out for 8 years though and many other MMO's have joined the market. It's not surprise that people find other things to do with their time. Not sure what you mean by content being less varied. You see more variation in content now than you have in any expansion previous. And yes, 5.1 is content. Just because it isn't a raid patch, doesn't make it any less so.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Actually, i have seen that in TBC. My guild leader quitted because he hated TBC raids and whole Outland. And also many players from our Vanilla group left because they found TBC raids boring.
    Vanilla raids were mostly tank and spank. TBC raids boring? yeah i dont think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    The reason you don't see much activity as much as you did in Cataclysm is because....MoP is not an alt friendly expansion.

Cataclysm was by far the most alt friendly of all expansions as you did not need to do 5 LFRs and 13 Heroic Dungeons on every single character in order to cap out on your Valor Points every week as well as 45 Daily quests a day in order to get all the experience you needed for gear and rep. Cataclysm was 2 LFRs and 4 Dungeons and you were done on that toon unless you raided.

I enjoyed playing my alts in Cataclysm, I loved experiencing the game from another perspective. However I don't get that enjoyment from MoP due to the fact I have to pour all my time and effort into my main character in order to progress it. Maybe once I'm done with the legendary chain (2 more weeks, 4085/6000) I can relax and start progressing another alt but at the moment, I have to budget my time between work, home, and game.

I had 9 alts and my main toon for a total of 10 characters at level 85, in full epics, and raid ready at the drop of a hat if we needed a spot filled in one of our 2 10 man groups (we lost 8 people due to the....Dragon Soul) Now in mop, I have...3 toons raid ready, My DK (Main), hunter, and Monk with my warrior slowly progressing up (87) the rest, my Paladin, Shaman, Druid, Rogue, Priest, Mage and Warlock are still at lvl 85.

A simple fix to this problem, that is NOT a reputation buff, is to buff Valor of the Ancients - Make it give 200% valor instead as that would allow alts to cap out just doing LFRs. my thoughts on the dwindling pop of pandaria, however I still sub, I still love the game to death, just not playing outside raids and capping valor atm cause I cant bring myself to do so.
    I dont believe this hogwash one bit. Just because you cant power level 20 toons to max level in the first 2 months the expansion is released, doesnt mean that its "alt unfriendly."

I think people have become dilusioned that fun in the game means making tons of characters and maxing professions and all the other bull crap the goes with having tons of alts (something of which WoTLK and Cata trained players to think thats what there is to do because of the lack of content, and ease of leveling)

This game was never about having alts, it was about having 1, MAYBE 2 characters and sticking with them to the bitter end. Mope got us a bit closer to that reality, but it is still very easy to get your alt love going, just not at such a rapid pace like it used to be.

Thats the nature of MMO's though. Not really specific just to WoW

No, the game's population has been trending downward for years because enthusiasm for the game is building. [/sarcasm]

The game is nearing a decade old. That doesn't mean the game is bad or dying or what have you, but yes obviously enthusiasm is dwindling. I'm not real enthusiastic about the Lord of the Rings trilogy anymore, either; that's been about as long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WireRabbit View Post
    Vanilla raids were mostly tank and spank. TBC raids boring? yeah i dont think so.
    This is what they said when they were quitting. And not everyone loved TBC like many people clames now.

Personally, yes.

But I don't totally blame WoW for it. I've been playing for the best part of 8 years almost non-stop so it was bound to get dull. I really want to enjoy it, but I find myself playing Guild Wars 2, developing my Minecraft Server and working more then anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what they said when they were quitting. And not everyone loved TBC like many people clames now.
    They sure do love that TBC transmog gear! Most players I see in game are all sporting TBC epic looks, hell, even the 5 man normal / heroic dungeons had sweet looking graphics. Now all you see is generic graphics on all the gear in normal / heroic dungeons. Its like they dont even try to be creative anymore in their "casual" group content.

there are three kinds of people in life. people who make things happens, people who want to make things happen but don't do anything about it, and people that wonder what the fuck just happened.

make the most out of what you are given, and know, afterall, it is WoW, the best game ever. so just suck it up and enjoy the shit out of it. or go play guild wars 2 and suck at life

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post

You're still done as soon as you think you are unless you raid. Why would you need gear and VP if you don't raid? To clean the 5mans that are soloable or to daily faster?

In a word: yes. Enthusiasm has dipped in the last few years. Most people who are interested in mmos have tried WoW and outside of a few new minigames and time sinks the gameplay itself really hasn't evolved in 8 years. This isn't bad though since inspite of that it's by far the most popular mmo out there still.

Actually, i have seen that in TBC. My guild leader quitted because he hated TBC raids and whole Outland.
    Hated Outlands? It's the only expansion continent Blizzard has made that had diverse and interesting terrains. Sure geographically it made no sense but when has it ever in WoW?

And also many players from our Vanilla group left because they found TBC raids boring.
    It takes some serious balls from a Vanilla raider to call TBC raiding boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Proudmoore is always full. From server up to server down, I haven't logged in in years where the status has read anything but full...

Deleted
    Yeah wow is dead, not sure what killed it this time, I'll go with dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Hated Outlands? It's the only expansion continent Blizzard has made that had diverse and interesting terrains. Sure geographically it made no sense but when has it ever in WoW?
    If the best thing you have to say about Outland is that it had nice mountains there might be something to his argument.
    I play same account and char and main since 2005, and I too quit during most of TBC, pretty boring expac with aliens and stuff, but that's just one opinion, just like yours only counts for one.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2013-01-07 at 07:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This game was never about having alts, it was about having 1, MAYBE 2 characters and sticking with them to the bitter end.
    That's just your opinion made up to support your nonsense arguments.